**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spending units

KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
I started an account a little over a year ago but had to stop fairly quickly due to a family emergency. I picked the game back up a few months ago and have quickly been growing my roster. Sadly, I didn't hear about brackets until after I had put enough time into this to make me not want to restart, so my growth is happening without winning champs from arenas. After 3-4 months, I have 25 4*, but only 2 duped (beast and miles).

The question I have is where I should put units as they accumulate. I have a few carb cores in waiting, and it'll be a while until I gain enough levels to even really use them. For this reason I'm unsure if using on masteries makes sense. I can save for masteries, save for eventual arena grinds or event runs, or use on deals. If I use on deals, what type....4/5 star crystals/shards, catalysts, limited time heroes (like og vision), awakening gems, sig stones, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Keep saving your units until a deal @seatin actually praises, for masteries, or for hard content/arenas for refills and potions. The main point everyone can't stress enough is to never ever spend your units on premiums and/or 150 units featured hero crystals. Best of luck! Happy gaming :)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Most people usually suggest to focus on your mastery trees since masteries are what you are going to use permanently, as well as the fact that masteries strengthen your champions. It is, at the very least, better than buying crystals since you can get hero crystals by grinding in the arena. When you grind in the arena, you also get units, so it's killing two birds with one stone there.

If you want to, you could save a certain amount (eg.3000) and never spend anywhere below that point. So any units above 3000 can be invested into masteries, but the base 3000 can be saved for an offer, such as Og vision or special deals and offers.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »
    Keep saving your units until a deal @seatin actually praises, for masteries, or for hard content/arenas for refills and potions. The main point everyone can't stress enough is to never ever spend your units on premiums and/or 150 units featured hero crystals. Best of luck! Happy gaming :)

Oh definitely not phc/featured crystals. I get enough of those from arena.

Where would I go to determine if he's praising a deal?

Thanks for the advice
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Most people usually suggest to focus on your mastery trees since masteries are what you are going to use permanently, as well as the fact that masteries strengthen your champions. It is, at the very least, better than buying crystals since you can get hero crystals by grinding in the arena. When you grind in the arena, you also get units, so it's killing two birds with one stone there.

If you want to, you could save a certain amount (eg.3000) and never spend anywhere below that point. So any units above 3000 can be invested into masteries, but the base 3000 can be saved for an offer, such as Og vision or special deals and offers.

I really like your idea! Thanks
    @myPUNCAKE what sort of rewards would be worth units if spent on hard content
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    hard content like the current spidey event i could understand as long as you're not going crazy with it, i.e. if you can almost beat it but need just a few units to push you over the top. Really, masteries start to get expensive with carb cores. Some aren't necessary but now later in the game I look at what I wasted units on and really wish I had focused on masteries earlier. Just because you don't think you need a mastery, doesnt mean you won't want it as your game evolves and you understand some champs and content better. I like the idea of saving to 3000 in case a good deal comes along
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    @myPUNCAKE what sort of rewards would be worth units if spent on hard content

Yeah celebrity events are good investments, doing road to the labrynith, exploring Act 5.1 and 5.2 are options too, or very end game stuff is explorin ghr labrynith. As for the praise on deals most YouTubers post thoughts on them on YouTube.
    Great! Thanks again
  • GamingGuru55GamingGuru55 Posts: 16
    So definitely not featured crystals?
  • GamingGuru55GamingGuru55 Posts: 16
    How would you get good offers... what offers are worth getting?
    How would you get good offers... what offers are worth getting?

Deals around the holiday or Black Friday usually meet expectations, when a special occasion too like their anniversary