**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hmm Special 5* Blade Crystal... Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Bro i dont have blade at all my 5 star pulls are reallt trash my first 5* was spider gwen then a vulture and finnaly a symbiote spidey which is kinda good but i only have those 3 so i will save my shards for that blade

Lol same, my first 5 Star was Iron Patriot... Also I'd kill for a 5 Star Symbiote Spiderman, dude is a beast.
    PDZInc wrote: »
    When is the nerf

Well someone commented that on this post earlier and now it's gone... Coincidence?
    Lol probably just because of the way he said it
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Kabam actually acknowledged that the earlier 5* feat crystals has a 20% chance of landing the featured champion.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Giving a flat 20% drop rate for one of the best characters in the game, just because he's a fan favorite?
    Nah, not buying it. Something's up.
    My best guess is that the new content in act 6 will all but neuter him.. Or some other planned change to the contests will "inadvertently" reduce his usefulness.
    I may be wrong, and it really is simply out of the kindness of their corporate hearts - but I doubt it.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    also put out Blades FGMCs as well at the time im sure you will make some people happy
  • palaboypalaboy Posts: 19
    PDZInc wrote: »
    When is the nerf

If kabam nerfs blade, i dunno what to do anymore.

Maybe blade immune act 6 just how recent content has been?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    The real question is: can we get other featured heroes from that crystal like aegon, darkhawk, thing etc?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Blade won’t leave me alone. After I pulled him as a 4*, I immediately awakened him. 2 crystals later I duped him. Pulled him a few more times now he’s 5/50 sig 99. THEN I pulled him as a 5*. And now this comes out 😂
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Blade really isn’t that great of a champ. He’s ok. But not great.

You're doing it wrong...
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I have him awekened at 3/45, not ranking up anytime soon probably. I could've go for quake or cap iw featured
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    The subfeature will likely not be updated whoever was with blade last year will likely be there again next month
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    My thoughts... are that I still remember what happened last year and I’m not going through that again.
    From 5 crystals
    Falcon x2
    YJ x2
    Miles Morales

No thank you, keep your dhampire crystal, I’m still hurting from last year.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I don't have him, so I will save for him, but not sure if I will get enough shards by that time
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Need some advice please. Only have 1 5 star (hulk gladiator) at the moment. Have around 12k shards at the moment. Is it worth it for me to save for this crystal or just open a regular crystal?
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    edited January 2019
    That’s how I got my blade and dupe last year was this crystal. I saved for over 2 months and opened 6 of those.

The only reason I can see kabam doing this for this year is to give lower players a shot at a powerful champ to help them advance faster. I still don’t know if that is a good thing or bad. I know I played my ass off to grow at this game, now it seems 5*s are getting easier and easier to obtain.

So you are upset because newer players get a chance an old style featured crystal something that does not exist anymore even though you had that opportunity last year and opened 6 of them.

You saved for 2 months: Thats 90K 5* shards. Thats alot in two months.
    ddom wrote: »
    Need some advice please. Only have 1 5 star (hulk gladiator) at the moment. Have around 12k shards at the moment. Is it worth it for me to save for this crystal or just open a regular crystal?

Damn, Hulk Ragnarok is a great first 5 Star. I'd say if you were going to save up 15,000 5 Star Shards then you should go for the regular Featured 5 Star Crystal, but it'd be smarter to save that extra 5,000 5 Star Shards and just go for the Basic 5 Star Crystal.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I have a maxed 4* Blade. I use him occasionally for AW defense, but other than that he's a dust collector.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    That’s how I got my blade and dupe last year was this crystal. I saved for over 2 months and opened 6 of those.

The only reason I can see kabam doing this for this year is to give lower players a shot at a powerful champ to help them advance faster. I still don’t know if that is a good thing or bad. I know I played my ass off to grow at this game, now it seems 5*s are getting easier and easier to obtain.

So you are upset because newer players get a chance an old style featured crystal something that does not exist anymore even though you had that opportunity last year and opened 6 of them.

You saved for 2 months: Thats 90K 5* shards. Thats alot in two months.

The only reason he was able to save 90k shards in two months is because Kabam greatly increased our ability to earn shards during the period prior to the Blade crystal. Before they started cranking up the volume of those it is likely those six pulls would have been one, maybe two.

All of us have benefited from the game improving rewards. Every single one of us. To take ours off the table and then frown when others also benefit from the rising tide is pretty selfish. Without that continuous increase in rewards over time, even most of us that have Blade would almost certainly be currently using him at rank 2.

So people upset over the opportunities newer game players have need to calm down and walk back home, uphill, in the snow, without shoes, and go back to trying to score touchdowns on their Namco handheld football game.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Is this an exact replica of the original with the same sub feature and basic champs?
  • The_One wrote: »
    Is this an exact replica of the original with the same sub feature and basic champs?

It's an updated Crystal that will contain all of the Champions in the regular 5-Star Crystal Base Pool, but will not have a subfeatured pool.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »

It's an updated Crystal that will contain all of the Champions in the regular 5-Star Crystal Base Pool, but will not have a subfeatured pool.

So it's basically a standard 5* crystal but with an increased chance at Blade for an extra 5k shards
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Well if they returned the original 5* featured, I would be thrilled, but only not really gonna open it since I already have blade
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The_One wrote: »

It just occurred to me as far as I can recall, this is the first time Kabam has officially stated what the original featured chance was. The 20% number was player guestimation (mine, among others). Any chance we could find out what the subfeatured chance originally was, now that it no longer exists? I was betting on 5% chance myself.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    I'm going to try like he** to come up with 15K shards by then, since I don't even have a 4* Blade. I'm generally dead-against the featured crystals, just because they still have plenty of junk in them that no one wants, but a 20% chance to pull a 5* Blade is hard to pass on.