**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Take on the Trials of the Elementals!

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    @DrZola mine too. I mean, what’s the point of arc overload when you get heal block from gamblers fate two fights in a row?
    sijog3k1vaq0.jpeg
    vgwyf2uglfno.png

Also what’s the point of arc overload when it triggers spite every time against iceman? @Kabam Miike inquiring minds want to know!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    @DrZola mine too. I mean, what’s the point of arc overload when you get heal block from gamblers fate two fights in a row?

I would gladly take heal block as opposed to the poison/bleed/degen I keep getting every fight.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I can't even activate my essence today!
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    sijog3k1vaq0.jpeg
    vgwyf2uglfno.png

Also what’s the point of arc overload when it triggers spite every time against iceman? @Kabam Miike inquiring minds want to know!

Luckily I had a lot of heal block and poison too. Zero temptation to try to revive and make another go. And that Hypo who kept power flooding and going straight to Sp3 on both my GR and Voodoo was a nice touch.

If this is a preview of Act 6, go ahead and head back to the drawing board.

Dr. Zola

I’m pretty sure Act 6, especially later chapters, will be harder than this.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    @DNA3000 I especially like this line:

“at least you’ll be wearing a pretty hat while you get punched in the face.”

Only thing I would add is that under no circumstances should the boosts be punitive on Day 7. In many instances, they are.

Dr. Zola

Certainly, no content should have bugs or odd behavior that clearly appears to have subverted the intent of the design. That goes without saying. I was offering an observation beyond what others have already specifically pointed out as problems with the content. It shouldn't supercede other people's observations of problematic elements of the content.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Everything has unstoppable now, game is fillled with it in every quest. The timer resets in the middle, unstoppable triggers at any time, in the middle of specials, etc. Wth? Seriously its to the point of frustration that you just want to walk away and never play again. Its supposed to be a fun game that is challenging but that has gone away. Its ludicrous that you can lose an entire team in two ffights and never get hit. Great content guys
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,656 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Only thing I would add is that under no circumstances should the boosts be punitive on Day 7. In many instances, they are.
    Dr. Zola

I am wondering if day 7 quest is not to be completed at one sitting.
    We can't spectate the opponent champs.
    Though the boosts gathered is helpful, it can be detrimental depending on nodes.
    So, should it be played over a few hours (check first opponent, check nodes, apply one boost. Finish fight, let boost cooldown (run out), start second fight, check nodes, apply boost if necessary) ?

I am on Android, so have two of each. :p
  • iknulliknull Posts: 2
    hello!
    i started playing trials of alchemist as soon as server was back up after the maintenance, and after a while it stopped working and and now i am getting a notification that "contest is down due to maintenance"... will i get a boosts refund?
  • I got the spite node in epic on juggernaut. This wouldn’t be a problem if the boosts that are supposed to help didn’t make him gain a bar of power every 5 seconds. He ate through 5 lv2 revives before I got him down with Quake. Seems like there was terrible planning all around for this event.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    please take out brawl on the next version of trials please and close the gap from master to epic. these trials are great but the jump from master to epic does not match at all
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    I would say that there is too much difference in the levels, considering that I can do heroic level with one 4s r4 without any boosts and I can't do the master level with the 5s r4 and all the boosts :'(
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I had an issue with the boosts not functioning as they were supposed to. The Essence of Darkness is supposed to reverse all healing; but in my fight against Sparky who gained endless passive aggression:regeneration, it functioned intermittently - at times he lost health, at other times he recovered it. This made the boost fairly useless; even counterproductive.

I was using CAIW; initially at 100% health, in Master.

Has anyone else seen this?
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    I’m cool with anything EXCEPT that freaking **** BRAWL node! Can you guys imagine a JUGGY or kingpin or AV on this node?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I had an issue with the boosts not functioning as they were supposed to. The Essence of Darkness is supposed to reverse all healing; but in my fight against Sparky who gained endless passive aggression:regeneration, it functioned intermittently - at times he lost health, at other times he recovered it. This made the boost fairly useless; even counterproductive.

The buff is similar to spectre where there’s a timer and cooldown period. It reverses healing for like 10 seconds then goes on cooldown for 10 seconds. Something similar to that. So it won’t constantly reverse regen.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

The buff is similar to spectre where there’s a timer and cooldown period. It reverses healing for like 10 seconds then goes on cooldown for 10 seconds. Something similar to that. So it won’t constantly reverse regen.

That's definitely an explanation; albeit not one I expected!

So, probably working as intended; if not as described? Sounds about right.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Wolf Are any of you going to address this feedback? I mean seriously you have several players here with 5/65s who have completed all other difficult content and they are getting wrecked by these challenges, don't you think that's a little absurd? I mean for a daily challenge that's supposed to be a quick and fun challenge for some small rewards?

Any type of answer would be appreciated, as of right now your silence just shows poor customer service and a huge amount of apathy.
    I got the spite node in epic on juggernaut. This wouldn’t be a problem if the boosts that are supposed to help didn’t make him gain a bar of power every 5 seconds. He ate through 5 lv2 revives before I got him down with Quake. Seems like there was terrible planning all around for this event.

I also got Jugg on Epic for Day 7. The fight consisted of my 5/65 sparky or domino constantly evading specials and unstoppable attacks until he backed me into a corner and either spammed SP1 over and over and over or if I happened to get a window to attack in, he got to sp2/3 within a few seconds.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @Evangelionlovr probably pretty safe to say they won’t respond. They know it was a mess, and wasn’t even close to properly tested. They’ve shown in the past when they know they messed up it takes a mountain of pressure to get them to cop to it openly. Hopefully the best resolution to this is seen in the next iteration of trials. Maybe if we’re lucky they’ll scale down the coldsnap and degen, but I won’t hold my breath, and I definitely don’t think they’ll adjust how the “boosts” interact with the nodes.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Gotta love procing degen and heal block on today's trials, of the 120+ champs in the game maybe 6-8 can survive that and of those 6-8 in some cases you'll still rely on RNG.

Horrible design, never thought I would actually be thankful for half life penalty on a force quit.
  • AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    https://youtu.be/u-mHGnx2DG8

Seatin makes the point so so well. I mean seriously kabam. At least acknowledging the reality of this brokenness would add a little integrity to morale here. @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Lyra
    So, leaving aside Epic (which I'm not even attempting, having seen the screenshots posted), can I make a request/suggestion for whatever future iteration of Trials/Danger Rooms etc that we see?

People need time to play. As a rule, most of us have more time at the weekend; whether we're teen-agers, young adults or married with kids.

So if you're going to provide us with a set of bonus quests where we can run five different, potentially challenging events on the seventh day, can we not make that day Sunday? Instead of Tuesday? Particularly since Sunday is the day we're likely to spend less time grinding the arenas.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Epic is another level higher than Masters.

In the last iteration of Trials, there was only Masters and with the boosts earned, Masters Day 7 was a cakewalk.

It is exactly the same as the current iteration, only difference being another added difficulty added on top of Masters, with slightly better rewards.

If we were to ignore Epic and solely do Masters, Trials will STILL be as enjoyable as it’s previous incarnations that we remember.

The main reason why people are complaining is due to Epic being difficult beyond their level and because of the meager increase in rewards as compared to Masters, it doesn’t warrant item usage.

So everyone, just chill abit and if you find Epic ridiculous, just do Masters. No one is going to judge you.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    xNig wrote: »
    If we were to ignore Epic and solely do Masters, Trials will STILL be as enjoyable as it’s previous incarnations that we remember.

That's not true in my case. At least, when I compare the current expert with the previous one on my secondary account which actually has progressed only a moderate amount, it still seems significantly harder and significantly less enjoyable (which for me are two separate things). If I were to do expert with my main account I would in fact stomp all over it but that has everything to do with my main account being several times stronger today than before, and is irrespective of the difficulty or design of expert.

Epic seems to suffer from the fact that some combinations of champ and node buffs are just plain ridiculous. Something to keep in mind is that Ice Phoenix was adjusted downward with an emergency patch because the complaint was that her cold snap could obliterate any champion below an extremely high health 4/55, which at the time few players have. The Iceman Seatin faced in the recording above is doing, on a relative basis, *more* damage than an Uncollected Ice Phoenix was determined to be broken when doing.

I'm not saying that is proof that encounter is broken. There's no law that says Epic trial must have identical difficulty to Uncollected map boss. But it is a significant data point.

So far I have yet to fail any of the Epic maps. But it is costing me way more potions to complete them, and it feels like my losses are not due to being unable to do some thing I ought to be able to do. It seems like I'm being killed by combinations that five years from now I still won't be able to skill my way around unless I'm stomping them with rank 5 8* champs.
  • Shamanriver77Shamanriver77 Posts: 78
    Well just attempted expert difficulty with all the power ups active and it was a clown fiesta. Sorry but that was too hard and and degen was ridiculous tbh
  • Shamanriver77Shamanriver77 Posts: 78
    Kabam, I think your testers need to take a second (first?) look at those boosts. They seem to not do anything other than the mesmerize boost. For sure for sure they weren’t reversing squat.

.completely agree with this. See post above . The boosts are doing absolutely squat
    I agree the issue is with the combination of nodes and champs leading to reliance on RNG to decide your fate. How is that fun or interactive? You can’t even plan ahead for day 7 because the combination of champs that are possible create over a thousand different possibilities and I’m only allowed to have 5 champs to counter all that?