What Class Should Doctor Doom Be?

SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
edited January 22 in General Discussion
I've been thinking about Doctor Doom and I can see him being every Class except Mutant (since hes not a Mutant) so I was wondering what you all think he should be (assuming he is added into the game at some point, which is a reasonable assumption since they're adding the Fantastic 4 and their villains throughout the year).

If possible, please state your reasoning, for myself, Id like to see Doctor Doom as a Mystic champion, as not too many people know that Doom is capable of sorcery, and it would be great for MCOC to have another great Mystic Champion, when its tough to find new ones to add! :)

What Class Should Doctor Doom Be? 179 votes

Cosmic
9%
ZENNanoDroidJim0172PizzabeatPanchulon21Kade7175cx23433Gustavo20xXpenB_Dizzle_01Rott3nLordNeoaer20RaveNNYaoJaoLingFangDonDudu2809PIZZATIME 17 votes
Tech
22%
BigPoppaCBONECFreeRapPlayer1994NikskiniManup456Chumpfish8sixWhiteManHammerbro_64adknight27MelkerlanneroScarlett_RicemanAustin555555Stagedear85StarKillerVIIjlamadisonProjectWeaponXPedritko 41 votes
Skill
1%
INTEGRALpeasant 2 votes
Science
8%
thetaman23JestressLt_Magnum_1YouconfusedCoachDitkaCh1efsterChampioncriticTinoMiaOpandemonioRehan010_Ultimatesaber32MrBanksFugitive21TrepmanKingBez 15 votes
Mystic
58%
ArcDeAngeluswinterthurNonuJOHNOSA1995SnizzbarRaganatorFrostyBodhizenI_ZERO_IAce_03belli300OneManArmyAxeCopFireScottryanLightZenithApocalypse189adqqedfyvrTheVyrusAlex13369Foxhero007 104 votes

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Mystic
    Made a post not too long ago about this, for some reason the link comment I just sent isn’t showing up but you’ll see some good arguements for why he should be mystic
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 932 ★★★
    I hopes he's both tech or mystic
    Heck he can be our next playable universal class champ
    Mystic
    John757 wrote: »
    Made a post not too long ago about this

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/115946/dr-doom-class#latest

Yeah I saw it, thats why I posted this poll though!

Word, just hoping kabam pays attention to both our posts. Obviously majority want mystic
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 137 ★★
    Mystic
    Mystic, without a second thought about it. As an avid reader, any other class would be a complete screw-up.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,437
    Mystic
    Player1994 wrote: »
    you kidding me all those who's saying mystic lool why so ? wtf

Well, his mother was a witch and he was well-versed in magic and the mystic arts.hro7fpj0sg6e.png
    Mystic

Better question is why people are choosing Cosmic?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,578 ★★★★★
    Mixed class, like Karnak. And give him an “All Mixed Up” synergy with Karnak that gives Karnak 1 sec of autoevade when he activates his Sp1.

Dr. Zola
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 3,163 ★★★★
    Tech
    I mean, yeah either Tech or mystic. He definitely has some technology based skills but also sorcery. Thinking about it now, probably mystic but Tech is viable as well
    edited January 23
    Mystic
    Now it posted 😂 sent that hours ago
    Mystic

If you just put in a link, it has to be "approved" but if you include a link with other comments, it's put up right away. No logic to it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,910 Guardian

Well, his mother was a witch and he was well-versed in magic and the mystic arts.

More importantly, you could argue the defining aspect of Dr. Doom's character is that he studied magic and mystic knowledge because he was driven all his life to rescue his mother from hell. His mastery of technology comes from his attempts to meld together magic and science into tools he could use to accomplish his goals. Which was free his mother's spirit, and control the universe, in that order.

Magic and Science/Technology are almost always seen as separate and almost incompatible things, but Dr. Doom is the rare genius that sees magic and "science" as the same thing: knowledge of how the world works that he could use to his advantage. In that respect, Dr. Doom can legitimately claim to be mystic, science, and technology. *We* see those as different things (or at least the game does) but Victor Von Doom doesn't.
    Mystic

If you just put in a link, it has to be "approved" but if you include a link with other comments, it's put up right away. No logic to it.

You learn something new everyday haha
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    MCOC Dr Doom won’t be like comic book Dr Doom you can bet your bottom dollar on that one.
    Mystic
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    MCOC Dr Doom won’t be like comic book Dr Doom you can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

Okay Debby
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 425 ★★★
    It would be pretty cool if they make it so he can switch classes during a battle. Activate his SP3 (or hold block for x amount of seconds) to change from Mystic to Tech (which also changes his special animations, medium/light/heavy animations, and blocking animation ). It would be a lot of work, but damn would that be one Hell of a character...
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,580 ★★★
    Mystic
    It would be pretty cool if they make it so he can switch classes during a battle.

Mystique will serve that purpose better.
    :)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,580 ★★★
    Mystic
    ;)

crhgrtjkdafo.png
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 494 ★★
    Mystic
    My bank account is scared of the day he enters the contest. Must have Doom! Just hope he's not purely defensive since lots of villians tend to be more defensive than offensive. I want to use him.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,724 ★★★★★
    Mystic
    Please don't make him tech because he's based off the last FF4 movie
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 1,542 ★★★
    Mystic
    He is a mystic to be honest any three classes suit him tech, science and mystic. I say mystic suits him the best he went toe to toe with thanos and survived and is immune to mind control. He should be an all rounder character but better on offense.
  • zidane21zidane21 Posts: 27
    Mystic, god-tier Mystics are so few nowadays
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 3,163 ★★★★
    Tech
    winterthur wrote: »
    ;)

crhgrtjkdafo.png

Nice Morningstar
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Mystic
    winterthur wrote: »
    ;)

crhgrtjkdafo.png

Just so nobody gets their hopes up, I will point out that that is from Marvel Future Fight. :)
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited January 23
    Mystic
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Well, his mother was a witch and he was well-versed in magic and the mystic arts.

Dr. Doom can legitimately claim to be mystic, science, and technology. *We* see those as different things (or at least the game does) but Victor Von Doom doesn't.

He cant be all 3 classes (please god all mighty on the soul of Kabam Micheal dont make Doctor Doom a United class...)

luaynhcbcb07.png
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited January 23
    Tech

Because we’ve picked up a fantastic four comic book

yeah but still it doesn't make any sense he has cosmic power and tech tools he is not a sorcerer ( he's source power isn't ) imo they did a mistake going on with comic stuff on fantastic 4 they are more famous in movies + they look so bad in comics