**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awakening Gems: To Sit or Not To Sit

I’ve got 5* mutant and science awakening gems that I’m sitting on, waiting for a better champ.

Like many others, I’ve posted polls asking whether I should use them on some of my current champs (e.g. Iceman R3, Sabertooth, Red Hulk R4, G Hulk), and people who voted generally suggested I wait.

I fully understand the approach that awakening gems are fairly rare resources that should be saved to get the most bang for the buck.

However, who knows when I’ll get Void, CAIW, or Omega Red? I could pull them next week, or more likely it could be months. I might have another awakening gem by that time. Meanwhile I could get some good use out of my awakened Iceman, or the RHulk I sometimes use for quests or AW would be even better.

I haven’t decided whether or not to sit on my awakening gems, but I’m curious to hear others’ approach to awakening gems. Get some good use out of them with the champs I have, or wait what could be months and months for a “worthwhile” champ?

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    It’s a game, use it on who you want, who will make the game more enjoyable for you. Anyone who tells you you’re “crazy” for using on anyone outside the perceived god tier of each class takes the game too seriously.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If you want to run sabertooth with the synergies, he's a good choice. Iceman isn't a bad option either. Yournscience options are less obvious and probably warrant holding, but the two mutants are certainly worthy of a class gem assuming they will see use in most content.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I would say don't sit. They become less valuable over time. Unless you are waiting for a very specific champ, then hold one (or one or two generics). Otherwise, use them. I"m sure you have 3 or 4 star awakening gems just collecting dust now, right?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I sat on a cosmic gem from cyber monday 2016 for two years before pulling Hype.

The rule of thumb is don't use a gem until you absolutely have to. Don't use one on anyone below r4 and if you need their ability to get through content.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    If you have a champ you like, just use it. If it was a generic, I'd say to probably keep it. It really depends on what your overall goals are, though, I suppose.