**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do people ask for rank down tickets?

13»

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Why does the gingerbread man know where the muffin man lives? The answer to both questions is people gotta get their fix and RDT’s are the holy grail of all fixes haha
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    edited January 2019
    they are asked for because the amount of resources piling in are not plentiful with as much game time we have to use. so taking down a champ who might be strongly useful is like every 6 months or so and some people do want to test champs, short period but we have no option, its ranked and leveled up and your stuck with it. the champs that everyone wants to rank down do not have that BA factor, its a curse word figure it out, and others do like Blade, Starky, Omega Fred, Gulk, Killmonger and others dont like Abom, Colossus, the Cyclops. Id like extra rank up materials for champs who dont have that BA factor to just put use to it.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    This posts for rankdown tickets will completely vanish if kabam announces they'll rework 2-3 champs every month completely changing their abilities,make them useful on defenses,(which they havent done yet in rework) and give them slightly diffrent or New animations. They have completely reused every animation created in 2015 on almost all champs up until 2017. Similar mediums,heavys,its boring and repeatative!!! Even specials for champs like Og Ironmans,ultrons ,visions,blackbolts and so many more!! Make them better if some how Og iron man was able to cold snap,gain more armour breaks,shock the opponent then no one would want to Rankdown their og im they ranked to R4/55 2 years ago
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Kalantak wrote: »
    This posts for rankdown tickets will completely vanish

No they won't. Ever fed a stray dog?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    Why does the gingerbread man know where the muffin man lives? The answer to both questions is people gotta get their fix and RDT’s are the holy grail of all fixes haha

Everyone knows the muffin man lives on Drury Lane.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »

Everyone knows the muffin man lives on Drury Lane.

Proving my point
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★
    Kalantak wrote: »
    This posts for rankdown tickets will completely vanish if kabam announces they'll rework 2-3 champs every month completely changing their abilities,make them useful on defenses,(which they havent done yet in rework) and give them slightly diffrent or New animations. They have completely reused every animation created in 2015 on almost all champs up until 2017. Similar mediums,heavys,its boring and repeatative!!! Even specials for champs like Og Ironmans,ultrons ,visions,blackbolts and so many more!! Make them better if some how Og iron man was able to cold snap,gain more armour breaks,shock the opponent then no one would want to Rankdown their og im they ranked to R4/55 2 years ago

2-3 champs a month would be impossible.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Scarlett_ wrote: »
    Or champions that were once epic but have been nerfed you put the time and resources into A champ for it to become ineffective when you progress further in the game i wish I could rank down a few of my 5* mutant champs as kabam seen fit to bless me with them all apart from domino ect(or any really good mutant champ) best one I’ve pulled is ice man and Im currently having trouble getting iso in the game recently so to rank down a undesirable to rank him to rank 5 would be great but in reality we probably won’t see them ever again.

There hasnt been any champion nerfs since 12.0 and we got RDTs for that when it happened.

Didn’t realise and I’m sure a few characters have been tweeked a little
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Or champions that were once epic but have been nerfed you put the time and resources into A champ for it to become ineffective when you progress further in the game i wish I could rank down a few of my 5* mutant champs as kabam seen fit to bless me with them all apart from domino ect(or any really good mutant champ) best one I’ve pulled is ice man and Im currently having trouble getting iso in the game recently so to rank down a undesirable to rank him to rank 5 would be great but in reality we probably won’t see them ever again.

There hasnt been any champion nerfs since 12.0 and we got RDTs for that when it happened.

Tweaked? Yes. Nerfed like some were in 12.0? No.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,863 ★★★★★

Fixed, yes. But as Sabrefencer said, no nerfs. Some in the community would argue differently but there hasn't been any nerfs to champions since 12.0.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I only feel the only time warranting rank down tickets (this didn’t effect me so I wouldn’t have cared) was with the mystic dispersion nerf crippling dormamu and juggs etc on defense
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    So are we getting rank down tickets or not?
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    I personally wouldn’t mind a ‘test’ rank-up, where you can rank up a specific champ to see how they perform at the new rank, but anything you obtain when using such a champ is discarded. Sometimes I’d like the ability to play with a champ at max just to see if I like the amount of damage done, the health, armor etc.

This is probably too error prone and likely to be exploited somehow, but just a thought. I’m careful with my rank-ups and even sit with catalysts waiting for the right champ. But occasionally I’d like to see if a champ is worth ranking up without committing resources permanently.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Rank down tickets return what you already own whereas rank up tickets give you extra resources.

In no sense of the word do you own the resources that RDTs generate. Setting completely aside the question of "owning" things in a game (we don't) the resources you spend to rank up a champion are gone. They aren't stuffed in the champion's pockets somewhere and RDTs let us turn them upside down and shake them. The rank up materials you use to rank up a champion are no more in that champion than the dinner you ate last year is inside you now.

You "own" the rank up materials you spend to rank up a champ in the same way you own the cash you spent on rank up resources to rank up a champion. You're not getting back what you already own, you are getting the ability to spend the same resources twice. You get all of the benefits of spending them once, and then you get to get all new benefits for spending them a second time.

Asking for rank up tickets is at least more honest. Asking for rank downs is just wanting more rank up materials and trying to change the conversation into less of what someone wants and more into what someone thinks they deserve. But no one actually thinks they would be better off if something was a *lower* rank. Heck, I would be perfectly fine with anyone who wanted a literal rank down ticket: something that reduced the rank of one of their champions. But no one wants that. They want something that hands them a bunch of rank up materials, and they are trying to exchange something that has less value to them than those resources in exchange.
  • Hi y'all -

We're closing this thread down as it's a continuous conversation on topics we've already responded to. At this time we don't have plans to bring back Rank Down Tickets as there isn't a necessary means for them to return. These items are rare and happen with certain circumstance. Thank you for your interest in this topic, however, using the search function in the forums can assist in answering questions already answered.
This discussion has been closed.