**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Unexpected/Unwanted Heavy attack [More Info Needed]

lennie76lennie76 Posts: 10
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Generally, when I am fighting, I go MLLLL. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Pretty straight forward and I have had success with this style and have progressed nicely.

It seems over the last few weeks, I think, the game is responding differently and attempting to perform a heavy attack as the last part of that MLLLL Combo. I then obviously get wrecked. As you can imagine this is supremely frustrating as I am attempting to complete act 5.1 right now.

I am not holding for a heavy attack, yet my character is attempting to perform one. I will attempt to gather evidence of this to support my claim that this is a bug and not intended behavior. iPhone 6s, most recent public IOS, and updated game.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• This happens to me aswell.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Mine does heavy attacks sometimes when I attempt to block, doesn't usually work out very well.

Mine does that as well, and the same thing as what happens to OP, occasionally.

iPhone 6, latest public iOS, latest game update, too many champs to list.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey there @lennie76. Can you provde some specific details about a fight where you've seen this occur?

Champion you were using
    Opponent Champion
    Game mode

Also, would it be possible for you to provide a video of this as it happens? Thanks!
  • MorbidCuriosityMorbidCuriosity Posts: 53
    Random charging Heavy attack usually happens to me in AQ after backing away from the opponent. Not ideal when fighting against a mystic or cosmic symb on Map5 (especially if they already have 2 bars filled). I'll try to make a vid next AQ series
  • JimpanthaJimpantha Posts: 2
    I have the same issue..AQ & story mode as well it's very frustrating :(:(
  • NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    this happened to me with wolve and venompool
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    it happens very often. guess it depends on how fast you click the fast attacks. so the software/ui recognize this as one "longer" press instead of maybe 2 or 3 short ones.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited July 2017
    It's happening months ago, many people have already reported those heavy attacks from nowhere.
    It's not a device, OS, game mode, champ related bug.

The team should already know about it as the others bugs in the mechanics "post v12" reported many times.
  • This happened to me many times while I practiced my intercepting in lol, and so I got wrecked
  • PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    This is happening to me very frequently - will it be addressed in the upcoming update??

@Kabam Miike
  • Instead of saying "you should already know about this, when are you fixing it" it would be more useful to provide either the evidence of the issue the mod/dev asked for, or a direct link to that information we are saying already exists.

Personally, this happens to me every once in a blue moon. I believe it happens when I don't raise my thumb far enough off the screen between L attacks.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I've ran into the exact same thing but for a bit longer than 2 weeks(approx. 2 months). Can't begin to describe how frustrating it is. It's great to see that others have brought this up and express similar experiences. My own game experience is over 2yrs and I've also used the same combo, rinse and repeat to the point where its nearly an automatic reaction/movement. First few times it happened, I just chalked it up as a mistake I made, but it began to occur more consistently, and consistently not to imply numerous repetition. I try to not rely on "unsubstantiated" conclusions I sometimes make, but it consistently happened at very crucial moments in a fight. Most often those situations have been in fights that I've played well up to the point where opponent could be finished with 1 more combo give or take a hit or 2. At one point I had to think to myself, "ok, I've been doing this repeatedly for over 2yrs now and its become almost as routine as walking, and never had a streak of mistakes such as this". "Can I objectively conclude that it is indeed an error caused soley by my action"? I have to say no. I figured it wasnt worth the hassle to bring it up to anyone, and just had to deal with it. As far as getting solid proof that its not player error, I'm at a loss. Anyone have a good idea as to how we would be able to showcase indisputable evidence of this?
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    it happens everywhere (arena, aq, aw).. seriously you "didn't know about it"?
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey there @lennie76. Can you provde some specific details about a fight where you've seen this occur?

Champion you were using
    Opponent Champion
    Game mode

Also, would it be possible for you to provide a video of this as it happens? Thanks!

Would you happen to have a suggestion of how we could record video of the issue where it would be satisfactory evidence for the developers that player error is not the cause? 1 Reason I never bothered to record a fight is due to the fact that video of a fight would just appear "normal". I couldnt come up with a valid indisputable method to show this type of event. Would appreciate some insight. Thanks!
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    Yup definitely happens but not all the time and yep you get absolutely hammered when it does , like I've said in my other posts on here ... there really is no point bothering to tell these guys (Kabam) anything... i visit the forums for the same issue's over and over (good 3+ months for most issue's) but nothing will get done with them so its a put up or leave type scenario with 90% of the problems :) ... best thing everyone can do is start moving on to games where they might actually care about their customer base.... this i feel is fast approaching for me
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah i think it's linked with the lag issues we've had back for almost a month, happening to me very regularly in arena, maybe twice a day for the last 3 weeks, before that I've had it happen due to user error about once a. Month, so to me this is clearly a gameplay issue, it seems the harder the fight and the more going on there are lag issues and commands aren't being read by the game, worst one is swiping back is very temperamental and often bLock won't work and this has been in with this lot of bugs so I think it's a lag command issue, it seems about 1/3 of my alliance are experiencing these bugs, so not everyone, I am an iOS user and have not updated for 4 months as if it's working perfectly I prefer not to change anything, was working perfectly till about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be getting slightly worse, I'm playing map 6 today and my swipe backs are working about 50:50
  • SaltyNuttzSaltyNuttz Posts: 7
    I've been browsing the forums as after the 15 update its extremely irritating that my champs throw all these heavy attacks when I'm trying to dash back or just block.

I might not have experienced it before, but it is extremely noticable now after the update with party and evades not working as it should.

Experiencing all these issues mentioned here mostly or more frequently now after this update and glad ..
    Well not glad that I'm the only one.

It makes the game unpleasant to play at the moment and the irony is that I have the game 5* rating on Play Store while updating.. to launch , also with issues, and play an extremely laggy bugfest that has me browsing forums instead of rolling in them quests which I used to enjoy so much.

Please fix this guys. I Made in my life.. in a playable state.

Thanks.
  • SaltyNuttzSaltyNuttz Posts: 7
    WOK wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Champion you were using
    Opponent Champion
    Game mode

Would you happen to have a suggestion of how we could record video of the issue where it would be satisfactory evidence for the developers that player error is not the cause? 1 Reason I never bothered to record a fight is due to the fact that video of a fight would just appear "normal". I couldnt come up with a valid indisputable method to show this type of event. Would appreciate some insight. Thanks!

I've actually recorded gameplay that displays my touch input on my device. Will post it as and when I can.