**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just a thought on YJ.

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
I was using him in arena, and I was past the BS fights... so, the AI was playing tough.

I sp1ed... but then I noticed something. The AI refused to throw specials during power sting.

This is a bit counterintuitive to YJ's ability, right? It's hard enough to bait specials against tougher AI, and it seems power sting actually decreases the rate.

How about putting a taunt on YJ's power sting? Cause, I mean... what's the point of the ability if it's nearly impossible to bait specials from the AI?

Comments

• Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Yap, Ai is getting smarter
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Well I've always found that arena fights are the most difficult to try and bait specials. Any other type of fight shouldn't be a problem. I think he's fine as he is.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    But then you don’t need to worried about getting specialed. From the first time I used my YJ back in the day (2 years ago) I’ve always noticed a reverse-taunt
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I really dig this idea!

When Yellowjacket was designed, taunt wasn't a mechanic in the game. Now that it is, I'd say YJ is a perfect candidate for the application.

I understand re-works are rare and time-consuming, so short of those, I'm a big fan of "balance changes" like this; small changes/additions that could breathe life into otherwise stale champs.
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    I was using him in arena, and I was past the BS fights... so, the AI was playing tough.

I sp1ed... but then I noticed something. The AI refused to throw specials during power sting.

This is a bit counterintuitive to YJ's ability, right? It's hard enough to bait specials against tougher AI, and it seems power sting actually decreases the rate.

How about putting a taunt on YJ's power sting? Cause, I mean... what's the point of the ability if it's nearly impossible to bait specials from the AI?

if awakened power sting stuns the opponent if opponent doesnt use a special and in arena opponents do not fight like they do in aw aq or monthly q,its normal for them not to use specials in arena,its not related to power sting
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    The real problem isn't YJ's sting, it's the **** All or Nothing AI arenas use until you hit the infinite streak.

Just turn the AI properly from the first fight and problem solved.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Here’s how arena AI is,
    Normal Fight/Around your level in PI: Pretty ok at throwing specials
    Death matches or matches way below your PI: you can dash back 17 times against that Hyperion, but even if he’s dashing into you all those times he’s not gonna throw that special, and when they do throw it, they’re usually already close to another special you have to bait out...
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    I like the idea of taunt being applied (even if its awakened ability). I also like the idea of power drain with stun if power sting expires once awakened. I would say 1/4 of current power per power sting, so possibly up to 75% of current power drained. Both of these make YJ play the way he was meant to which is punish someone for using specials, or punish them for not using specials once awakened.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    To further this point about YJ's specials, the stun inflicted from the expiration of power sting can become irrelevant. If you're already trying to bait a special, most of the time you're not going to want to give the opponent more power.

Maybe add an enervate upon expiration of power sting in conjunction with the stun? This, at least, gives YJ some practical use from his sig.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    To further this point about YJ's specials, the stun inflicted from the expiration of power sting can become irrelevant. If you're already trying to bait a special, most of the time you're not going to want to give the opponent more power.

Maybe add an enervate upon expiration of power sting in conjunction with the stun? This, at least, gives YJ some practical use from his sig.

Wonderful idea. Enervate or taunt I’m cool either way
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

Nice. So basically, Gambit's Paralyze ability. That would be interesting.

May have to think about YJ for the champion redesign thread.
  • Hey guys, if you haven't already, please take a moment to share any Champion improvement suggestions you may have in THIS discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.