**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gem Dilemma—Final

Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
edited January 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Ok, I’ve narrowed it down. This is the prelim thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/712829#Comment_712829

We’re down to the final 2 candidates for my generic 4* gem. You guys don’t care, but this choice could change the course of my account. Without further ado, the choice:
0ixla9hkl207.png
k8liof4nxdpg.png
dmr1p086mxkd.png

This is my roster and current sig stone situation. I also have 7 t4 science and 3 t4 mystic cats. Killmonger and void synergize, so km would gain a chance to shrug off debuff, and void gets a little bit of regen. Scarlet Witch is well, Scarlet Witch. Both are irrelevant as 5*s in the short run, because void needs a fairly high sig level and switch ain’t in there.

I appreciate all you guy’s feedback. I’ll decide tonight.

Gem Dilemma—Final 93 votes

Void
58%
DNA3000EvilEmpireLoPrestiNikskiniDrownedGodSpeedbumpSungjMr9BlackSaChiSixshot1Lt_Magnum_1AKTEKDipseyHammerbro_64Ph1313JohnLocke117CAPTMAVKillerRino1910or_StrongRafikii 54 votes
Scarlet Witch
41%
RagamugginGunnerBadroseLeNoirFaineantSwe_wolfisJadedFallencircusAnurag1606RichiesDad79Foxhero007Darkrider05username7312MF_Smoov3OrcDovahkiinSavio444CliffordcanFatalEndSceptilemaniacDuke_SilverYouconfusedharerabbit99 39 votes

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Void
    Tough call, but I would go Void. I actually think SW is a slightly better 4* than Void in a vacuum, but when it comes to spending an awakening gem, if those are hard to get for you, I would want to awaken a difference maker and when Void is good, Void tends to be a huge difference maker. SW is often great where others are only average. But when Void is great, sometimes many other things don't work at all.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    DNA makes a good point. I used my 4* Void for LOL x23 and SW would have been useless. I'd still awaken SW though. Void is available as a 5* and as a 6*. SW still destroys a lot of content.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Void
    Void when you get matched up against a healing champ reverse is better than nullify
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Void
    Void is awesome for Chapter 3 variant, while Scarlet Witch isn't very reliable. I haven't used my sig 99 in variant at least, cause I didn't think she would be helpful.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    50 50 lol

I know! It’s driving me nuts! I did just get a 5* ghost, though, if that for some reason changes any minds.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    SW dude. Void is great but he doesn't need to be awakened for him to work. SW on the other hand is still one of the best champs in the game. It's the reason she hasn't been released as a 5 or 6*.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Void
    Void. I love SW too but Void's utility is a bit more reliable.
    Void’s starting to pull away.......
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    I have a rank 45 * void at signature level 129 and I'm telling you man go with void
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    he can get you through a lot of very tough game content and although the Scarlet witch is fantastic I think void has more uses
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Both are very powerful champs and will help you through a lot of content. But considering where you’re going, you may get a 5* void in no time.
    23-18

Still too close to call. When one side goes up by 10 to 12, I’ll call it. Man, these are some awesome arguments on both sides. Everyone I ask is split on this question. Seems I’ve stumbled on quite a dilemma.
  • Void
    I went with void, because as stated before, he has a lot of uses. Scarlet witch is a decent damage controller, but, magik is your mystic, plus void synergizes with km and he constantly inflicts free dbuffs for damage on the opponent.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Has to be SW definitely if you can max her out. She's really strong attacker and useful in a lot of content on lot of different nodes. I personally find 4 star void not too strong. Also void is a slow game. SW makes it quick. And you will have lot of chances later to awaken him. So many resistor nodes in act 5, she will cruise through. Definitely SW.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Definitely SW. A 4* is the best of her you can get. And when duped, she is an absolute powerhouse. You can and most likely will get a 5 or 6* Void in the future. Void doesn't really need his sig like SW does. My sig 99 SW is the one 4* I always use on uncollected.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Void
    Void will get FOTV even at Sig 1...his Sig scales really well and even at Sig 30 he will be able to chain FOTV with a little aggressive play...SW on the other hand absolutely needs high Sig..she won't do much for you at sig 30( the level where u can get her to right now)...so for more utility right after using the gem,I would use it on void
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    SW and here is why.

Personally i think SW is better than Void.
    But,
    Regardless of ones opinion there is one certain fact here.
    YOU CAN NEVER GET A 5* or 6* SW.
    if you awaken and rank 4* void and then pull a 5* or 6* you will want to rank and use him straight away making your 4* redundant.
    If you awaken SW you will never have that. She will always be the best SW that you can get.

Also i personally believe SW will destroy more content and easier than 4* void will.
    To put in perspective how powerful 4* SW is still in todays meta,
    My ally is a T6 alliance and one of my Boss killers brings his SW to wars. he uses his 4* SW to solo 5/65 Medusa bosses.
    there would be very few if any other 4* that can solo a 5/65 war boss.
    edited January 2019
    Ok so the two arguments:

Scarlet Witch: She’s only available as a 4* and is that good. Usable in uncollected eq.

Void: reverse healing is priceless in today’s game. Void doesn’t require the high sig that switch does, and you don’t have someone that brings the abilities that void has.

This is still so tight! Everyone has a great argument!
    Void is ahead by 9......
    Aaaaaannnnd it looks like void takes it!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Void
    Heal reversal applies the same no matter what tier. Crit chance does not.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Where you are in the game, SW is 100% the correct choice.