**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about the champion

MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
edited January 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Was looking through the Champion's abilities was trying to figure out his fury buffs. From the looks of it, it appears better to hold onto your charges and not use the SP3. Is that right?

b7jqp8giaa9b.jpg

fwwyvd0x1a5b.jpg

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Yes. You are absolutely correct, and it's actually a little annoying -- while the L3 does hit with some power, it doesn't hit hard enough to come close to justify losing the Persistent Charges. Neither does the L2.

The Champion can be a little frustrating. There are some good things about the design. He's not a bad character.

But when I am playing him, I find that I am always waiting for him to hit just a little harder, and that devastating damage just never comes
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Well... the champion has very low base attack...
    Like the only champs with lower base attack than the champion is red cyclops and king groot...
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Yeah. Got a 5* from a featured crystal and have been underwhelmed so far. Seems like poor design, I agree.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    If you have him awakened and can rank him up, he's a solid AW boss with the final node bonuses he gets. At least in lower tier AW. He has some decent synergies for a quest team, but there are better for that.