**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MAGIK - Needs an adjustment

Limbo is overpowered, or we just dont have enough champs to counter it. But a 5 star rank 3 Magik vs a 5 star Scarlett Witch in aw ends with death by limbo. Thats really messed up.a3buo470w5ru.png
adj558rcdasg.png

Comments

• Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Yea limbo is bs. You shouldn't die in a fight and not take a hit. No skill there.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Plenty of things to counter it out there. Specially on a stun node. Easy peasy
  • ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    Increase your Pacify mastery and Stun Magik before taking her to next power level.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Pacify mastery helps
  • Gari90Gari90 Posts: 46
    Try to pacify or stun 5* R4 Magik in AW Tier1/2 as a boss ;-) Limbo is way overpowered. Period.
  • BrotherVoBrotherVo Posts: 88
    There's a lot of way to counter magik . I see you have dr voodoo. You can use him against magik, just use special attack with odd combo, than the doctor will reduce the ability of magik by 50%, so she won't activate limbo so much.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Gari90 wrote: »
    Try to pacify or stun 5* R4 Magik in AW Tier1/2 as a boss ;-) Limbo is way overpowered. Period.

Huh? I highly doubt you are tier 1/2 if you are trying to stun the boss.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    once again....a player that doesnt understand masteries. despair, petrify and pacify...you can even throw in energy resist if needed <-- if you dont understand how any of these masteries work, feel free to pm me for more details.

not everyone understands how magik works, so illm keep this brief. make her spam l1. period. no further arguments. l1 only has a 20-something percent to activate limbo, and the masteries listed above lower that percentage.

if you can stun her, she is easily beat.....especially with the champs you brought to war

Until dexterity will trigger mystic disperse it is quite impossible to control mystic powers. To b honest i m with op. The limbo damage need some adjustment. In another post i said the damage should b like max 100 per sec. And after limbo magik not only get back lost health during limbo but also same amount of damage opponent take after limbo. This will also b fun in magik vs magik fight.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Magik is working as intended
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238

Until dexterity will trigger mystic disperse it is quite impossible to control mystic powers. To b honest i m with op. The limbo damage need some adjustment. In another post i said the damage should b like max 100 per sec. And after limbo magik not only get back lost health during limbo but also same amount of damage opponent take after limbo. This will also b fun in magik vs magik fight.

It's not impossible in fact several champs handle it well. And md is mostly a non factor when you learn to fight vs it. It's a style change. I use GP and once I get her power lock (no effect on MD) magik never gets another special as AW boss. Electra is very effective as well although she can't drop magik in one fight she can do a lot of damage.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    once again....a player that doesnt understand masteries. despair, petrify and pacify...you can even throw in energy resist if needed <-- if you dont understand how any of these masteries work, feel free to pm me for more details.

not everyone understands how magik works, so illm keep this brief. make her spam l1. period. no further arguments. l1 only has a 20-something percent to activate limbo, and the masteries listed above lower that percentage.

if you can stun her, she is easily beat.....especially with the champs you brought to war

You can trigger her l1 with out activating MD. its not impossible, you just need to approach the fight differently. so many players get in the routine of button mashing every fight and dont develope strategies for fighting specific champs.

vision is an absolute stud. save for 1 l2 and you will dominate that fight. not only does it burn/steal power, it puts a heal block on the opponent.

obviously im speaking directly to the OPs post. when she is boss or on left mini, the strategy must change.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    In my last war we had as our boss a 4/55 magik with 5/5 MD, someone took her out in 1 go so she had 0 kills.

I don't know who they used or how they did it and I'm not accusing them of cheating, just pointing out that if you're good enough then it is possible.

I can normally 1 shot a magik on a normal node and have taken out a magik on a mini boss node in 2 attempts so I know it's possible, it just can be difficult.

People seem to want this game to become easy with all the nerf threads and content too hard threads. Instead you should improve your fighting skills...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Magik works great against magik in aw
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    There are better champs to go after her with (Hawkeye was a good choice BTW). And you have to be patient fighting her. I start to slow down once I even get her close to a bar of power in hopes that once I push her to a full bar that limbo does not activate. It's not perfect, but can help. Also you cannot let her get to two full bars of power as it pretty much guarantees you will suffer lots of damage or die from limbo.
    Magik is working as intended. Dormammu and juggs are harder bosses than magik
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    Gwenpool
    Psylocke
    Xbones
    Falcon
    Hawkeye
    Rogue
    Electra
    Archangel
    Vision
    I can go on
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 275 ★★
    Every boss is magik because people don't bring counters dormamu and Hyperion are better bosses
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017
    ege999men wrote: »
    Gwenpool
    Psylocke
    Xbones
    Falcon
    Hawkeye
    Rogue
    Electra
    Archangel
    Vision
    I can go on
    Doesn't vision give power then take it? Isn't that terrible for Magik?

Don't even consider XBones with AW magiks and MD.

Everyone else looks ok at least though, also forgot Dorm and your own Magik.
  • Yrocks2001Yrocks2001 Posts: 11
    Every champ has a good counter including Magik. AA is very effective against her as well as Magik. I am in tier 2 and we never seem to have a problem bringing her down as boss, even at 4/55 with 5/5 MD
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    SlowDigz wrote: »
    Don't forget DV. Good for Magik too. Yes there are many champs to counter Magik but that doesn't change the fact that more than half of AW bosses are Magik. Boring!

There will always be 1-3 champs that are the boss nearly every time. Remember those heady days when everyone and their mother (okay, not in Tier 2+, where everyone probably used Magik/Juggs) had Ultron as the boss? And then NC was the big thing for a while, and now Magiks and Dormammus have crept down from the higher tiers to show up errywhere. Just need something to shake up AW and change the way we select bosses.
    That aside, in regards to the actual subject at hand, Magik's Limbo sucks to fight against, so just have to make sure you rank and bring the Champs for it, and there are plenty. AA and GP have recently come into crystals, and both can wreck Magik without buffing themselves outside of Dexterity. And then there's the list shown above, etc. Someone in your Alliance has to have a counter for her, even if you *gasp* have to take your Magik off of defense to do it!
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Aren't you usually FOR balancing the game out? What's wrong with you today?