**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is blade still worth it?

I have 9 five stars and one of them is killmonger and in a few days i will have 15000 five star shard should i go for blade or just stick with basics because in game mail the blade crystal won’t come back again

Is blade still worth it? 157 votes

Go for blade
72%
DNA3000Vdh2008BigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerbecauseicantthetaman23JOHNOSA1995BadroseJaffacakedhumzah217AjavedMRod77JRock808I_ZERO_ILosspikPlayer1994XHans_GruberXbelli300StewmanBigDWSU 114 votes
Stick to basics killmonger is good enough
27%
DrZolaRaganatorRiise81NikskiniHotCarlosDaredevi1Fan7SpeedbumpFineDogfish8sixFoxhero007Munky68username7312MrgrifoAhitlawMurkQuantumBobAanthoPanchulon21HilldarNoOnexRO 43 votes

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Go for blade
    1000% go for Blade. If you get him you have a champ that'll 100% Act 5 and LOL.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Go for blade
    Donkilla wrote: »
    Killmonger has way more utilities! But 20% chance is like 0% when it comes to crystals

you dont khnow anything about it
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Go for blade
    save for blade he is still the best skill champion out there
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Go for blade
    KM is a great champ...but blade is arguably the best skill champ in the game
  • PawnyExpressPawnyExpress Posts: 52
    Go for blade
    I can use my r5/65 Sparky for most everything, Act 5 and LoL would of cost less because of Blade's regen and abilities. He's a great tool to have in your arsenal. KM is great too but I find Blade has better utility imo. GP is still queen at shutting down Electro in LoL though. Took him down with a 4* of her.
  • jbmastjbmast Posts: 21
    Save your shards and see if you get him in basic crystals.
  • jbmastjbmast Posts: 21
    @Losspik actually KM can if you have the synergy with void.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Go for blade
    Fair enough but blade doesnt need synergies for it. Km is a great champ make no mistake but blade edges it for me.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    My version of the OP's question is a little different - If you already have a maxed (level and signature) 4* Blade is going for the 5* version worth it over taking a chance with the featured crystal to get Frost, SS, Aegon, etc.?

Appreciate insight from anyone that has an opinion on how much more necessary the 5* version would be.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Tax wrote: »
    My version of the OP's question is a little different - If you already have a maxed (level and signature) 4* Blade is going for the 5* version worth it over taking a chance with the featured crystal to get Frost, SS, Aegon, etc.?

Appreciate insight from anyone that has an opinion on how much more necessary the 5* version would be.

When I've needed Blade for a specific piece of content, my 4* has been enough. Typically that's a boss in UC. I already have a 5/65 Domino and Medusa, so I'm set for high damage potential champs with some utility.

If I didn't have a high damage champ for r5, I would definitely be looking to Blade. As it stands, I will stick to featureds and try for that Aegon I really want. It wouldn't matter much for me even if I did want Blade because I opened 9 featureds recently so I won't have much when the crystal gets here.

Good luck whichever you choose!

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I have a blade, 5/65 level 105. He’s amazing, I don’t actually use him as much as I used to in war, I take an array of champs based off the mini and boss I need to face. If I see a Medusa boss I take KM, if I see a villain on my mini ill take blade and ghost rider. If I see sentinel then I take the trinity. I also have the unholy trinity at 4/55 all awakened so I use them when needed.

I’ve also never been a gambler when it comes to feature. I am 2/3 in feature (próxima iron fist and omega).

I’d rather save for 10 basics than 6 features but that’s just me.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★

ÆGON wont be in it just like the champion they wont be in basic pool by the the blade crystal returns despite the champion is being added days after the crystal returns
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    Go for blade
    Blade is still very useful and god tier, if you don't have him save and try to get him and dupe him from those crystals. He will save you a ton of revives in end of game content.
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    Go for blade

depends on where you are at in game and what you want to accomplish. The 4* is great and can help clear a lot of content but he doesn't hold up well in Act 5 and definitely wont in act 6, too much block damage and not enough regen. He also doesnt hit hard enough to use in LOL, you need a minimum r4 5* with boosts to get the enrage timer lengthened. i have both maxed, the 4* i use in AQ the 5* in everything else. so to answer your question yes he is worth the chance (much higher % for that specific champ) then going for other features where the chance is spread out over 6 new champs (along with 18 old ones)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Go for blade

I would. Half of Blade's utility comes from his huge sustainability due to his healing, and that directly scales upward with his health. So a higher rank Blade can be more useful in that use case.

But here's the thing. You need Blade awakened to get that heal, and 5* champs aren't really significantly more powerful than 5/50 4* champs until you rank them up to at least 4/55. So it might be a long term project to have a 5* Blade that is more useful than your current 4* Blade, because you will need either a dup or an awakening gem, plus maybe some sig stones, plus T2A committed to rank 4.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I have t2a burning and leaning to r4 5* proxima unawakened over 5* duped blade. I almost explored act 5 already without using him, and will take SL for lol anytime. new content is not easier with blade then with almost any 2018 champ. you also will want to have gr for sinergy, wich means resources to rank up gr. finally, I may be wrong, but I believe blade's sig only reduces energy he takes to heal up, but doesn't increase amount of hp he gains. so you want to parry and stand there in block healing, wich is... not a lot of fun imo
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Go for blade
    Go for blade!
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Blade is great but as others have noted, spending 50% more shards for a 20% chance at Blade just doesn't seem worth it, especially when you only have a few 5* champs currently. I'm in pretty much the same boat and I'm just going to stick to basics so I can pad out my roster faster.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Go for blade

Having a powerful 5* version is fantastic for act 5
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    Go for blade
    FineDog wrote: »
    Blade is great but as others have noted, spending 50% more shards for a 20% chance at Blade just doesn't seem worth it, especially when you only have a few 5* champs currently. I'm in pretty much the same boat and I'm just going to stick to basics so I can pad out my roster faster.

If you run arena then you are probably better off with basics because the 5*s will help you build up more points. That being said if you aren't running arena quantity is not better than quality.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Go for blade
    Honestly. Blade is worth the extra shards. Hope you get him. And to those who say he will be useless for act 6, let it come and then comment. It's like the day 1, 1st hour of landing monthly uncollected and ppl start complaining. Hell act 6 is like 6 months or more away? Blade is never useless.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Go for blade
    Donkilla wrote: »
    Killmonger has way more utilities! But 20% chance is like 0% when it comes to crystals

Killmonger is good against 5-6 characters.
    Blade is bad against 5-6 characters.

Find the differences.