**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Issues with the "new" dexterity

So there have been a few post about how the "new" dexterity interacts with burden of might causing the double power drain. Does anyone know if kabam ever officially responded to those posts?

I've noticed another issue with dexterity and it is this. Kabam have really liked using the buffet node in the monthly EQs lately and this is where I've had this problem. If you are trying to get a special attack out of the AI and you accidentally trigger dexterity you feed the buffet node, this has always been the case nothing new there, but if you dont get in an attack before the timer resets then the second part of dexterity will also trigger buffet. I was using my quake against uncollected diablo and triggered dexterity at the very beginning of the fight (I didn't care because he still have 100% health) but much later in the fight when using a heavy to create space dexterity finally converted into the active buff and fed buffet a second time.

I'm just curious if this is an intentional interaction with the "new" dexterity?

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Literally the only perk to dexterity is repeated dodges don’t activate buff-related masteries/nodes. Everything else I hate. I would rather they just yeet the precision part of it out the window unless they make it passive passive
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Yeah. The dex buff was really a buff yo everything else. If they hadnt changed mystic dispersion then dex as it is now would be even worse
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    I just want to use dexterity and not get double the punishment as you would've before the "buff". Yeah before you could dex a person straight to an sp3 in war but now you get double power drained by burden of might and can potentially double trigger buffet. It effects so many more areas of the game now then it did before
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I just want to use dexterity and not get double the punishment as you would've before the "buff". Yeah before you could dex a person straight to an sp3 in war but now you get double power drained by burden of might and can potentially double trigger buffet. It effects so many more areas of the game now then it did before

Buffet has a timer. You’re not double triggering it through dex
    Yes you are a single dexterity now has 2 procs.1 when you initially trigger the evade and 1 when you land your first attack after the evade and the passive turns active. I know buffet has a timer the point is that the old dex had a single trigger the new dex has 2
    I know that 99% of the time you'll get in an attack before the buffet timer resets, the point is that now you can trigger it twice when before that wasnt possible
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It is intended as technically Dex does have 2 procs. 1 from when you first land a hit causing it to change from a perm to a timer and the second is when that timer rusn out.
    Right, I guess my stand on it is that the adverse effects of the change, to me personally outweigh the benefits. But I encounter burden of might every AQ and I run 6/7 so I fight buffet every war so maybe I'm a unique case
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    simpleas...
    buffet and dexterity sucks badly...
    i get it is wat it is but i hate it soooo much....
    i take buffet every war and it is infuriating to know fights get extended and sometimes timeout cus of it....

as i said i get it is wat it is....
    but my opinion is buffet and dexterity suck...
    you shouldnt get punished for evading an attack imo....

9/10 times its better to take block damage then to dex and cause 15k regen
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Use Void. Dexterity with Void, against Buffet... the opponent melts super quickly

aqhk78c0h3b4.jpeg

That’s right, over 21K damage just by a single dex. #VoidMVP
    Use Void. Dexterity with Void, against Buffet... the opponent melts super quickly

aqhk78c0h3b4.jpeg

i do the same with my CAIW + tech....
    but its not the point...
    we know how to get around it....
    my point was its just stupid and annoying and sucky.. lol
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Dexterity minus the weak precision buff should be part of every champs standard kit like blocking or heavy attacks. The buff is like a poisonous garnish on your plate. If they want to keep it around, it should be passive.
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    interesting....
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    MaatMan wrote: »

aqhk78c0h3b4.jpeg

but its not the point...

Well... that’s the whole point of Buffet. To be hard Lol... this game ain’t easy bub.
    edited January 2019
    MaatMan wrote: »

aqhk78c0h3b4.jpeg

but its not the point...

Well... that’s the whole point of Buffet. To be hard Lol... this game ain’t easy bub.

doesnt mean everyone has to like everything.
    "bub".....
    lol...

i am sure there are things u dont like...
    says buffet is supposed to be hard...
    posts how he used super easy no effort mode to deal with it...
    lol...
  • DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    Yes no
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    So many of you cried about the md/dex interaction for years, they change it ruining plenty of players defenders, and you're still crying. Gotta love the mcoc community. A bunch of goldilocks
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    So many of you cried about the md/dex interaction for years, they change it ruining plenty of players defenders, and you're still crying. Gotta love the mcoc community. A bunch of goldilocks

And what do you believe you're doing? The exact same thing that you're criticising. It's not hard to stay away from content you're not interested in.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

so they didn't satisfy both those of us with mystic defanders and those who suffer now from double dex proc. were those changes helpful generally? don't think so. also no any form of compensation for all those dorms and others ranked champs. uc is so trash now, only jugs got some minor change. promised to "keep an eye" on mystic champs, but do they? I almost don't see dorm any more, and when I do, he's usually on some "diversity" node. don't think mystics use their sp3 a lot.
    the point is players have things to be upset about, yet you blame them for being upset, not the company for upsetting them
    I always forget how screwed up the interaction is between Dex n spite. If you Dex an attack it should not feed spite until you activate the "active" precision buff. The first "phase" of dexterity should just be an icon indicating that your next attacks will trigger the active buff not a permanent passive buff.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    The interaction with spite is kicking my rearend right now
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Aleor wrote: »

so they didn't satisfy both those of us with mystic defanders and those who suffer now from double dex proc. were those changes helpful generally? don't think so. also no any form of compensation for all those dorms and others ranked champs. uc is so trash now, only jugs got some minor change. promised to "keep an eye" on mystic champs, but do they? I almost don't see dorm any more, and when I do, he's usually on some "diversity" node. don't think mystics use their sp3 a lot.
    the point is players have things to be upset about, yet you blame them for being upset, not the company for upsetting them

I'd like a little feedback on this issue. It's all well and good to say they haven't decided whether rank downs are appropriate and will be monitoring data. Even if they conclude that it isn't needed no update feels like it's been swept under the proverbial rug. I'd like to have an update even if the answer is that the data says all is well. Personally I think rank downs for MD are needed even though I don't need one.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    So there have been a few post about how the "new" dexterity interacts with burden of might causing the double power drain. Does anyone know if kabam ever officially responded to those posts?

I've noticed another issue with dexterity and it is this. Kabam have really liked using the buffet node in the monthly EQs lately and this is where I've had this problem. If you are trying to get a special attack out of the AI and you accidentally trigger dexterity you feed the buffet node, this has always been the case nothing new there, but if you dont get in an attack before the timer resets then the second part of dexterity will also trigger buffet. I was using my quake against uncollected diablo and triggered dexterity at the very beginning of the fight (I didn't care because he still have 100% health) but much later in the fight when using a heavy to create space dexterity finally converted into the active buff and fed buffet a second time.

I'm just curious if this is an intentional interaction with the "new" dexterity?

To be clear, Burden of Might was interacting this way before they changed Dexterity. When they first introduced Burden of Might in Story mode, you would get one power drain from the precision buff via Dexterity and you'd get power drained AGAIN when you hit the enemy, consuming that precision buff.

This isn't a new interaction. The problem is the Burden of Might node. Either the description is wrong (the power drain happens on both buff trigger and expiration) or the node is Bugged. It's been brought up to Kabam before. This bug is over a year old at this point.
    No matter the reason, kabam has made dexterity a crucial part of the game. with the ever increasing attack ratings throughout the game we can't even afford to take block damage anymore. Yes they fixed the ability to Dex a mystic defender straight to an sp3. But there are still sacrifices that have to be made when using dexterity and they all revolve around the precision buff. My idea for a solution would be to make the evade portion of dexterity a built in mechanic for all players and keep the dexterity mastery but drastically improve the precision buff so that it justifies the sacrifices tied to it.