**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Psylock in Variant

1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
Has anyone had good results with her in Variant?
Im trying to get past the first hyp on the left with the crazy power gain. She seems the perfect key for him given her power control potential. But is lack luster and tedious to get into a reliable cycle.
Im using AA with her for the power gain sync but even then she isnt very effective.
Mine is r3 5* sig 40

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’ve tried a 5* r3 unduped psylocke on that fight. It’s doable but not ideal. Iceman with willpower, stay at locked sp1 will regen back his 5% health loss and chip damage. Plus eat any third specials.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I did it with rogue r4. Psylocke won’t stop hyperion from gaining power and her l1 seems to not do
    Much against him. I tried with her A LOT.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    ManChild wrote: »
    Psylocke won’t stop hyperion from gaining power

This guy is correct @1_ShuNeu_1
    Keep in mind that when Psylocke locks an opponent's power, it's only locking power from hits she deals to them. If they have some other source of power gain (Spite node, Kinetic Reactor, Hyp/Mordo's power gain buff), the power lock will be shrugged.
  • i have her at r5 and shes not the best matchup for variant. she was great for a few paths and great against the drones, bc she can lock them after an l2, but there are better matchups on that quest for sure.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    i tried her, but iceman worked better
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Had no luck with her. Did much better with Iceman, Hawkeye and Winter soldier with taskmaster synergy.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I had some pretty good fights with her on that power gain path but I use HE for hype.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    She is good for power reserve nodes . Try her L2 on those nodes . With hyperion, iceman is better or KM
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I used my 6 star for every Hyperion in Variant and Mordo. People saying she's bad for passive powergain usually are forgetting about her ability that lets her get right back to a bar one power if the opponent passed a bar of power during her special animation. Timing your sp 1 at the right time lets you constantly spam them and lock down their power even champions like hyperion. A rank 3 might be tricky though, her damage is quite lacklustre so you're leaving yourself lots of room for mistakes in what's going to be a super long fight.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    I used my 6 star for every Hyperion in Variant and Mordo. People saying she's bad for passive powergain usually are forgetting about her ability that lets her get right back to a bar one power if the opponent passed a bar of power during her special animation. Timing your sp 1 at the right time lets you constantly spam them and lock down their power even champions like hyperion. A rank 3 might be tricky though, her damage is quite lacklustre so you're leaving yourself lots of room for mistakes in what's going to be a super long fight.

That was my plan, but it didnt work very well

However, the sp1 cycle is if you drop them from current power bar. But it doesnt work with sp3 to sp2.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Duped Gwenpool was my go to champ for that fight