**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

January 2019 Month Review

XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
Two Champs were added this month: The Thing and Diablo
Favorite Champ: Diablo

Ok, hear me out. I didn't like Diablo at first, but then I saw COWhale's video, and I changed my perspective on him. I like his art and animations, and he could get a rework, but he is pretty fun and can do some VERY EFFECTIVE stuff.

The Thing is a good defender due to his unstopability and a good attacker due to his furys. He looks great and his animations are smooth.

The Road to Greatness (RTG) Arena was great. 10000 five star shards for completing all the milestones while only using 2 and 1 stars. You also got a chance to get 1 or 2 star champs that you normally couldn't get. I got a 5* Groot from this lol.

The daily quests were great. Just like Trials of the King and Trials of the Mad Titan, you have 6 days to get boosts for the seventh day. The rewards are great, but day 6 and 7 was kinda difficult for me on Master. That's just me though. I really enjoyed this quest.

The event quests was alright. The Red Hulk cheese was pretty great. I like how Maestro broke apart the Fantastic Four and we have to find them.

Raw elements was an alright feature. The crystals you can get from the store were pretty good, but you would want to get the higher tier crystals.

Kabam has announced a year and a half quest. You will need 4 beacons to get a reward. So far, all we know about the reward is a new profile picture. The beacon was really cheap and is able to be purchased right as you claim your 5 raw elements from your mailbox. I'm looking forward to collecting all of them. Im pretty sure there will be more rewards than just a profile pic.

Kabam reduced act 4 energy to 2 a tile instead of 3. Yes! This will help me so much! I have been exploring act 4 and really enjoy the permanent change. Thanks Kabam!

What was your favorite part of January? Post it in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

-XxLoganTDCxX

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @MrBanks Agreed.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @""Kabam Wolf"
    What do you guys think
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    calendar was the best thing
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Suel wrote: »
    calendar was the best thing

Totally agree with this^^

For me, shards, offers, new content, while fun and exciting, yielded negligible advancement for my account.

Full T2a, however, will come in handy...someday.

Dr. Zola
    @Suel @DrZola
    I forgot about the calendar *face palm*. Thanks guys
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I agree with everything said so far EXCEPT the boosts for the trials don’t really help out aside from the heal reversal one (but that’s 1/7 fights). Everything else just isn’t that shiny to me. The arc overload doesn’t help if you die in 4 hits or a special, the evasion is helpful-ish, but unreliable and sometimes more of a hindrance, etc. etc.

As well as the story of this EQ. The Red hulk was Thing and thing is red hulk but now he isn’t because he was red hulk and burned down the cage and then decided he didn’t want to be affected by a concoction a phony Reed Richards made and woke up in the burned cage as the thing, not the red hulk....because???

Idk it makes no sense to me. Normally the plot is fairly engaging (like the Ægon and Infinity War ones)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    It was nice to get ready 5* shards for a change. The rest is pretty average tbh. I like the release of the Thing though, but I don't like his design.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    👏🏼👏🏼 Month review
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    I agree with everything said so far EXCEPT the boosts for the trials don’t really help out aside from the heal reversal one (but that’s 1/7 fights). Everything else just isn’t that shiny to me. The arc overload doesn’t help if you die in 4 hits or a special, the evasion is helpful-ish, but unreliable and sometimes more of a hindrance, etc. etc.

As well as the story of this EQ. The Red hulk was Thing and thing is red hulk but now he isn’t because he was red hulk and burned down the cage and then decided he didn’t want to be affected by a concoction a phony Reed Richards made and woke up in the burned cage as the thing, not the red hulk....because???

Idk it makes no sense to me. Normally the plot is fairly engaging (like the Ægon and Infinity War ones)

The way I look at this month’s EQ story is as follows: NT found SS, who helped to find Thing. Diablo’s been hecking with Thing, taking advantage of his loneliness, and conducting dark practices with Thing as a test subject. Unfortunately for him, it backfired and Thing broke free, allied with the good guys, and got his revenge, clobberin’ style.

As for all the intricacies, heck ‘em. They make no sense. Looking at it bare-bones, though, it’s good enough to make a sort of story out of. Just not a very good one
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Loved the calendar. Unfortunately I’m free to play and not yet uncollected so I couldn’t summon for any of these cool champs. My favourite part of this month was pulling 5 star ghost near the start of it :)
    Thanks for all the feedback!
    @SlayerOfGods I like that feature. Basically temporary bleed immunity. Makes for a counter that isn't broken.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @XxLoganTDCxX lets not forget that nice google delay for which no one is responsible, or the constant lags, increased loading times, the deception on how good diablo is only bc of the nodes given to him in ques, the ruinage of what the trials where by initially bringing both unavoidable damage plus masochism, the slippery slop, that rewording what is broken has become, bc these masteries/domino things arent the first time that happens, all as a reminder that they do plan for the content released in advance, even if by all of this messes would seem doubtful
    @Rodstein Really? My loading times were decreased. Also, why do you have to point out all the bad things? This is not the thread for that.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @XxLoganTDCxX in the case of all my allies and some friends, it increased, by the name of your thread this is the place for it, given is a review of the month, also by another thread i just remembered that is another month where a logical escalation of difficulty came in but the rewards remained the same
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    I gotta say i never would guess the rascals at Kabam would give uncollected players a 5 star awakening gem crystal it just really amazed me so grateful. ( so since i got a skill gem, Kabam please rig the crystals so i can pull a 5 star blade thxs.......)
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    The road to greatness arena was the best. Gave me my first 5 Star killmonger
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    No mid monthly event this month, diablo seems like cool concept but falling SUPER short of being any decent char.. January was a flop in my honest opinion

Here’s to hoping Feb is better 💪