**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ashamed and frustrated..

I actually paid $40 to become uncollected.. I posses God tier champ and I'm level 60. Even with all the boosts I found it difficult.. I like a challenge but this is ridiculous... I see players @ level 40 bragging how easy it was. I used R4 5*Guillotine R4 5* CAIW R4 5* Nebula R3 5* Proxima midnight and 4* R5 CAWW2 ... It's really no fun if you have to p ay to get ahead.. I've redone my masteries more times than I can count..

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    I actually paid $40 to become uncollected.. I posses God tier champ and I'm level 60. Even with all the boosts I found it difficult.. I like a challenge but this is ridiculous... I see players @ level 40 bragging how easy it was. I used R4 5*Guillotine R4 5* CAIW R4 5* Nebula R3 5* Proxima midnight and 4* R5 CAWW2 ... It's really no fun if you have to p ay to get ahead.. I've redone my masteries more times than I can count..

It’s all about the champions you roll too with luck.
    And working your synergies

If you had ghost / Corvus / Blade / Domino / Hyperion / and some others, it would have made it a whole lot easier
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    becoming uncollected is difficult but fair. But then again the night I got uncollected was after a night of drinking so I was pretty relaxed
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    That’s a pretty hefty roster you’ve got for the Collector. I remember I only had 3 5/50 or 3/45s.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Those aren't really "God" tier champs.

God tier is more like:

AA (awakened)
    Corvus Glaive
    Blade(awakened really helps on health but insane damage dealer regardless)
    Void(Awakened)(high sig)
    Hyperion (being awakened helps)
    Stark Spidey
    Ghost(requires skill)

I'm not saying those aren't great champs.

But AA and Corvus are head and shoulders above any of them.

If it bleeds and takes poison damage AA is so incredible it's not really fair.

And that's like 60 percent of champs

Then Corvus wrecks everyone unless you are on buffet
    In that case you can use AA, blade, void, or SS.

If it's machaoism then use Hyperion and Corvus.

If it's neither a high sig Scarlett witch is insane.

If you had AA and Corvus you would have spent next to nothing.

So don't be hard on yourself
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

You find challenging content difficult? “Even with all the boosts I found it difficult” and “I like a challenge” are contradicting statements. Make up your mind.

Players can brag about how easy it was, but that’s what everyone says to save themselves face.

I’m not gonna mince my words and say pretty things that you wanna hear. If you’re having problems with content, scale down the difficulty and skill up. You wanna rush content then you’ll have to pay the price. No 2 ways around it.
  • TinoMiaTinoMia Posts: 56
    edited January 2019
    Agreed. I saved up potions, revives and units for a full two weeks. Used over 100 potions, 20 or so revives and 800 units. Didn’t spend any real money and waited until I had the champs to do so. I’m level 56 just for perspective.

Watching videos on YouTube will help with champ selection, Act 5 , as you should know, is all about bringing the right champs. I studied the path and watch videos on others going through the path, it’s extremely helpful.

I used all 5/50 duped 4* champs. CAIW (sig 99), SW (sig 99), AA (sig 40), Corvus (sig 20) and Sparky (sig 60). Corvus was the MVP with the collector and AA did half the “easy” path alone.
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited January 2019

Uhmmmmm, you don’t have a Sabre and Km as a 4-5 or 6? Sabre is great vs the collector with km synergy; makes him relatively easy.

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I actually paid $40 to become uncollected.. I posses God tier champ and I'm level 60.

If you had to pay to reach a goal, you shouldn't be surprised when you find you need to continue to pay to reach similar goals. If "lower level" players with specific champs can do it without spending, then they were able to do it without spending. They aren't you, and you're not them.

To be fair, 5/50 versions of better champs (say, og vision, high sig SW) paired with your Cap IW would have saved you some $$. It's all about the champs and synergies, after all...
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I’m level 40 on 5.1.5 right now, kind of at a stand still. Going to take my 5 star ghost to rank 3 and r5 my 4 star Corvus then have a crack at the collector.
    Also: don’t be too hard on yourself, practice makes perfect, enjoy uncollected rewards :)
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    If you’re having problems with content, scale down the difficulty and skill up. You wanna rush content then you’ll have to pay the price. No 2 ways around it.

This. This applies to all of us. Peer pressure, things that you read in the forums, maybe even the wrong alliance for your level are things that stress you and add on the pressure in your head to do high end contect as fast as you can. There is really no need for that. You force it all on yourself.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★

this post is hilarious I paid a lot more but then I only had 4* 5/50's back then
    try paying for £30 worth of units to finish initial run on act 5.4 then pulling 2 5*S and them being falcon and Colossus
    :'(
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    If ur competing with someone n comparing ur performance with someone then u might suffer from feelings like dejection frustration shame etc etc.
    But if ur a player who plays leisurely then there is no scope of feeling ashamed.
    U probably did not join this game with the intention of making YouTube videos to earn a few dollars so there is absolutely no need for u to feel like u have failed in ur mission.as long as the game does not gnaws at ur mental reasoning keep playing. In case u reach that stage where ur rational thinking starts getting affected due to this game then bro know its time to give up this game coz addiction of any form is detrimental to health n wealth.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Getting uncollected is hard. I’m still working on it, but I’m too stubborn to spend money on it. Figure hitting arena and quests is more beneficial since I’m getting practice fighting while I farm for units and potions.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited January 2019
    MaatMan wrote: »

also too,
    anyone level 40 who beats the collector and claims it is easy, is in one of few catagories,
    - spends like a whale
    - is insanely skilled
    - or totally full of BS

the collector is not Easy for anyone with 5/50 and 3/45 champs.
    doable yes. but easy.... hell no...

I agree, the definition of easy is vastly subjective on this forum, I believe. Some say it was super easy for them when it was at all possible to finish the content. I'd take the statement with a grain of salt. For others, it ain't easy if you can't finish it an auto-play. :smile:
    I'm not sure where I am on that scale... If I can't finish it without using a lot of potions I probably don't find it easy.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    For me "easy" is only material that I can finish without using any revives or health potions at all. If I use a few of them, I find it "fair". If I need to dry out my health and revives stash, it's hard. If I need to spend money on it, then simply, I should not be doing it.

Your mileage might vary, and all that...
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Becoming UC took a lot of resources but I was using 5/50 SW, Cap ww2, Hulk, BW and Wolverine.

I think I blew through over 300 free crystals that day
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276

Did you pay someone else to do it or simply pay for the resources to complete it? If the latter, no shame in that at all, congratulations on becoming Uncollected. If the former... well...
  • AngusMac279AngusMac279 Posts: 117
    Im about to go into the collector with a full team of 5/50's , 120 free crystals, 25 ish revives, and 1500 arena units. Hope Im ready...
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    should be fine is the most bs annoying fight tho watch a video on his animations
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    There is a lot of veiled criticism in this thread and little of it constructive.

Blss, this game is specifically designed to encourage you to spend. Whether it is designing content that requires spend (in items or cash) for the 95% to beat it, or catch 22 content that the 95% will need the rewards from to be able to beat it consistently, or worst of all from designing a gambling element that for some people probably acts as the worst kind of slot machine.

However, that's how kabam get paid. And without you and others (and me - £20 in 18 months or so?) spending every now and again, this game wouldn't exist. Seatin said he spent over £12k I believe? I dread to think what the average mmxi (or whatever they are called) spends.

Console yourself that you've spent relatively little in cash or time terms compared to very many. And that the game design is desperately trying to get you to spend and (in my opinion) in an addicted manner for the gambling elements.

Note that that's why some countries have banned these types of games; as they could be considered not computer games, but gambling games.

I for one would happily pay a subscription for a less "fun and interactive" game but that actually felt rewarding to the 95%. If you enjoy the game; the monthly quests, AQ, AW, arena, collecting characters - whichever element it is and it only cost you £40 in about a year or so, I'd say that is good value. Particularly compared to the worryingly overpriced (in my view) deals that kabam offer regularly.
  • IamGROOT420IamGROOT420 Posts: 233
    I did the same thing last week, I been playing since December 2016,and just this past week became uncollected I'm happy u should be too. That's what the resources in the game are for. I died alot against the collector but it still counts. I watched tons of videos where people farm resources to neat the collector yeah we took a short cut but I'm sure others did the same. We made it doesn't matter how. Hang your head high mate
  • IamGROOT420IamGROOT420 Posts: 233
    Im about to go into the collector with a full team of 5/50's , 120 free crystals, 25 ish revives, and 1500 arena units. Hope Im ready...

You got it dude don't worry
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    I spend two weeks just fighting then dying then spending units gathered in arena to revive and finally got him down but I got him in the end I only used 5/50s ... who’s I had the roster I have now back then .... I too possess AA AWAKENED only 4* but his neurotoxic is awesome 😎
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    Yea I really didn’t good a rhythm for him till the third time fighting him but I averaged about one team revive per run on the collector boss.