**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Wasp vs Iceman

JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
Wasp has a passive stun which can be used to chain a heavy attack into the regular combo. The stun works against Mordo (astral evade doesn't trigger), against stun immunes and being passive, it can't be shrugged off.

Now iceman's ice armour shrugs off any stun effect and shatters but I don't get it why Iceman shrugs off wasp's passive stun. I just chained my heavy into a combo, iceman shrugged it off and I got rekt. Either I'm missing something or is it something to be looked into.
Any explanations would be welcome :-D

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    She causes a passive stun. It works against debuff immune nodes (since it is not a debuff), but it doesn't work against stun immune nodes (since the node preotects the champion from any stun effect, whether is a debuff or a passive).

Ice armor protects Iceman against stun effects, so any stun will interact with his ability.
  • ATR6135ATR6135 Posts: 6
    edited January 2019
    She causes a passive stun. It works against debuff immune nodes (since it is not a debuff), but it doesn't work against stun immune nodes (since the node preotects the champion from any stun effect, whether is a debuff or a passive).

Ice armor protects Iceman against stun effects, so any stun will interact with his ability.

Incorrect, my 6* Wasp is a great AW boss killer because her passive stun works against stun immune nodes :smile:

It seems like a bug - I feel ice armour should react the same way as astral evasion but I could be wrong.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★

Yeah mate, I too have a 6* wasp and she's awesome. Her passive stun works against stun immunes too.
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Both have their pros and cons. I would say that Wasp is definitely more of a glass cannon than iceman. I love both but I have a special place in my heart for Iceman because I've been using him for so long.

Wasp for massive damage

Iceman for durability and (especially awakened) evade shutdown and safeguard against annoying champs like stubborn hyperion
    So you're confirming a possible bug, where her stun works against stun immune nodes?
    In theory it really shouldn't. It was even confirmed by a MOD that her ability wouldn't work there
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    So you're confirming a possible bug, where her stun works against stun immune nodes?
    In theory it really shouldn't. It was even confirmed by a MOD that her ability wouldn't work there

Well yeah. I use her all the time. Stun immunes, no prob. Did a mod confirm that her passive stun won't trigger against stun immune matchups???

Well yeah. I use her all the time. Stun immunes, no prob. Did a mod confirm that her passive stun won't trigger against stun immune matchups???

Yes, since that node works on all stun effects and not just stun debuffs
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    A huge plus to wasp is the ghost synergy
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

2q045kt0aoyc.png
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Wasp has a passive stun which can be used to chain a heavy attack into the regular combo. The stun works against Mordo (astral evade doesn't trigger), against stun immunes and being passive, it can't be shrugged off.

Now iceman's ice armour shrugs off any stun effect and shatters but I don't get it why Iceman shrugs off wasp's passive stun. I just chained my heavy into a combo, iceman shrugged it off and I got rekt. Either I'm missing something or is it something to be looked into.
    Any explanations would be welcome :-D

apologies if this is already mentioned, but it's the evade that procs the stun, so if you're iced, there's no evade, and when you're able to evade and ice armor is up, ice cracks and no stun.

This isn’t about her counter-evade. Her evade counters with shock, not stun. She has a passive stun that she can inflict by charging a heavy in the middle of a basic attack combo.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Good job by telling kabam she can ignore stun immune they can now fix it like they fixed AAs passive stun from neurotoxin.