**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Characters you don't care for in the comics/movies but use in the game

I have a maxed out 4 star Archangel that I love using since he decimates almost everyone he goes up against.

But tbh, in the comics I never really liked Archangel. I mean, I'm not too much of an expert of modern Marvel comics but back then he wasn't really interesting besides his little team up with Apocalypse.

Anyone else have the same situation with their champions?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t even know who Doctor Voodoo was but if I ever got a 5* version of him he’d be one of my top champs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Pretty much most of the champs at the top of my roster...Blade, Medusa, Voodoo. Throw in Quake, Angela, Kingpin.

But you do what you have to...not going to clear a ton with Cyke, Dr. Strange, Wolverine, OG Cap and Spidey.

Dr. Zola
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Guillotine and Blade had no idea who they were
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Don't know who Voodoo is - R4 5*
    Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*
    Didn't know Blade was a comic book character. R5 5*
    Without the movies, had no idea that Yondu (6*), Hela (R4 5*) were comic book characters either.

To be honest, all the comic book characters I liked as a kid are all old, outdated champs in the game (Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, Captain America).

And still extremely disappointed that Deadpool is a limited release buy-only champ.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    _Chaos_ wrote: »

Guillotine was created for MCOC so no surprise there.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*
    Without the movies, had no idea that Yondu (6*), Hela (R4 5*) were comic book characters either.

To be honest, all the comic book characters I liked as a kid are all old, outdated champs in the game (Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, Captain America).

And still extremely disappointed that Deadpool is a limited release buy-only champ.

I only knew Angela from Spawn. Didn't know they retconned her to be Thor's sister, though.
    I didn't know anything about Yellowjacket until the first AntMan movie. Love using him, though.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    Void. I knew nothing of him really as I was pretty much out of comics as a hobby by the early 2000s.

I have an irrational need to pull him as a 2 and 6 star so I can complete my collection.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DrownedGod wrote: »
    Void. I knew nothing of him really as I was pretty much out of comics as a hobby by the early 2000s.

I have an irrational need to pull him as a 2 and 6 star so I can complete my collection.

What about Sentry?
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Killmonger - first time I found out about him was in the BP movie, and I absolutely hated that movie and the characters. Thought Killmonger was so dumb....that said, he's my go-to guy in MCOC :D

Quake - I first saw Quake in Agents of Shield. Hated the show. Hated her with a passion. She's damn useful in the game though.

There are far more champs that I liked in the comics that are bad in the game (or at least outdated). That list is looooooooooooooooooooong :(
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Pretty much all my top champs save sparky, venom, and omega.
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★

Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*

I only knew Angela from Spawn. Didn't know they retconned her to be Thor's sister, though.

Just get Angela to fight Symbiote Supreme and you've basically recreated the Spawn comics.
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    Luke Cage. Never cared for him in comics or tv show. BUT!!!!! He’s a beast in the game. Def one of my fav to play.
    Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*

What are you talking about? @Kabam Miike said that Cyclops was one of the most useful champs for Alliance War.
    :D
    edited January 2019
    DrZola wrote: »
    Pretty much most of the champs at the top of my roster...Blade, Medusa, Voodoo. Throw in Quake, Angela, Kingpin.

But you do what you have to...not going to clear a ton with Cyke, Dr. Strange, Wolverine, OG Cap and Spidey.

Dr. Zola

Kind of disappointing that Dr. Strange isn't one of the best champs around in this game. He's literally the Master of the Mystic Arts yet he's outclassed by a guy with wings. But a game's a game, nothing I could do about it.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Hyperion and Blade.... I'm not a comics guys but more of animated series person... Never came across these 2 characters till I saw them here...
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*

What are you talking about? @Kabam Miike said that Cyclops was one of the most useful champs for Alliance War.
    :D

Wrong Cyclops. I like the OG Blue version, not this dumb red variant... 😂

Or who Angela is - 6*
    Or Magik - R4 5*

Just get Angela to fight Symbiote Supreme and you've basically recreated the Spawn comics.

That is quite accurate. Love it.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Void. Ghost n corvus
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    Wow, like majority of the top end characters I knew nothing about...

Gwenpool
    Dr. Voodoo
    Magik
    Medusa
    Archangel
    Corvus
    Void
    Hyperion

Characters I like that are basically worthless...

X-Men Originals: Wolverine, Cyclops, phoenix, colossus
    Guardians of the Galaxy except starlord
    Original Avengers
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I was never a big fan of blade or ghost rider. I really liked quake and Hawkeye from the comics and they are some of my top shelf. Biggest one is darkhawk. I never liked him in the comics but knew of him, probably gonna go rank 4 on him lol.