**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Training room

What do you people think of training room? I was thinking something like using duel credits (so 5 max per day) to enter a room where you can select your sparring partner, choose number of stars, rank,level, and most importantly, choose all the "local nodes" (up to 10 max lets say), even increase persisten charges, basically artificially create opponent. That way you can spar with enemies far stronger than maxxed 5/6* some random player has, and it's much easier and practical to find a sparring partner (now you have to use line app or search randomly for opponent). This way people can test new champs, which increases a chance of buying them; youtubers can showcase that certain champion in certain matchup, and not to mention it's super useful for players in AQ, AW, quests..

Comments

• InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    dinozzzz wrote: »
    What do you people think of training room? I was thinking something like using duel credits (so 5 max per day) to enter a room where you can select your sparring partner, choose number of stars, rank,level, and most importantly, choose all the "local nodes" (up to 10 max lets say), even increase persisten charges, basically artificially create opponent. That way you can spar with enemies far stronger than maxxed 5/6* some random player has, and it's much easier and practical to find a sparring partner (now you have to use line app or search randomly for opponent). This way people can test new champs, which increases a chance of buying them; youtubers can showcase that certain champion in certain matchup, and not to mention it's super useful for players in AQ, AW, quests..

I liked the idea too.
    It's way better than dueling. Just for the sake of this u can also increase the difficulty levels. And i hope that Kabam plans something about this in the future...
  • I posted almost exactly the same idea a week ago in the german section :)HERE

Nice to see that someone has the same interest in such a mode. I really hope we will see something like this soon.
  • Here are my Ideas translated by deepl.com (which is astonishing good)

cUbA_LiBrE wrote: »
    I would find a training mode very helpful. In this mode you could choose a certain opponent and additionally equip him with knots to make the fight more challenging than these duels that currently exist.

I know that it wouldn't be an advantage for Kabam because players could get better and use fewer items as a result. You could also build this mode so that you can only get to certain enemies or knots step by step.

The following ideas:
    • In order to conduct the battles, you have to use the existing duel tokens. If they are used up, each additional fight costs units.
    • In principle, there are all enemies that already exist in the Premium Crystal. So there would be no advantage over the new champions from the current monthly events.
    • The daily single events bring a new currency. Possibly also with the final milestone. With this currency you can buy new local nodes in the shop, with which you can equip your opponent in training mode. These change every week/day.
    • Equipping your opponent with 2 nodes is free of charge. Each additional node costs 25 units. From the 5th node 100 units.
    • If you change your opponent, the knots remain.
    • You can select the arena as a nice gimmick before the fight ;).
    • You can set a time limit to simulate fights from an AW.
    • The mode could also be played offline? (You can hope :) )

I often have an idea how to fight a certain opponent. Most of the time I am missing a duel partner. By the name change also the whole Bots are not to be used any longer really.

I could also imagine that such a mode can be quite profitable. I think of all the YouTuber who upload new duels every week, as they compete against opponents with 100 knots ;).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    Absolutely love it.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    This would be great to have
  • LimmeyLimmey Posts: 10
    Excellent idea. It's now very difficult to find a specific character to duel as many player have their profile picture changed.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Excellent idea, I don’t see this happening though because you could run your exact AW node opponent with the debuffs and level before fighting him.

Sounds like a great idea, but this would make item use drop down a ton, and that is kabams money. So I personally think it never happens
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,894 ★★★★★
    not happening gives us a competitive advantage
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Doubtful as it'll decrease Kabam's revenue from aw/aq and they have never done anything to affect their revenue in a negative way.
    Even if they bring it, it'll probably cost units instead of duel credits
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I think it would be great. No rewards are fine by me. No energy spent. Fight anyone at any level and rank. Maybe even put in the newer champs to test for fun.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    It should not cost us units to add nodes in any sort of training mode they might give us. I love the idea and I’ve made 2-3 posts about changing duels to add nodes. Duel credits I’m all for or a separate form of “training badges” from arena. NOT units to add nodes to something I’m practicing for. Units are too rare.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I had this idea of a game mode with The Calculator who could do simulations:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/64048/introducing-the-calculator#latest
    It’s been a long sore: players get a new champion and wonder how much xp and cash it would cost to upgrade it, what the attributes would be and how this new champion would fare in a battle.

That’s why I suggest to add a new aspect to the game: The Calculator. The Calculator is an Einstein-like in-game only character. He has a Phd in Championology and advises The Collector about champions. He can be accessed in the Champions tab, somewhere in the bottom-right corner. Clicking on him opens a new interface.

In this interface, you can put up to three of your champions side-by-side, either showing attributes or abilities. However, you can also ask The Calculator to calculate. The calculation can show you the attributes of a champion based upon the tier, rank, level or signature level of your choosing (provided you have that champion in some way). What is the hero rating, attack, health or critical hit score of a maxed out 4* sig 99 Gamora? With one push of the button The Calculator gives you that.

The Calculator can do so much more. He also can simulate an entire fight. Go to simulation mode. In there, you can put one of your champions against a simulated one. You can choose the stats of the champion, the difficulty of the AI and which node boosts it has. This fight is entirely free, it is purely meant for you to train without any cost. Having difficulties with a boss? Train in the simulation different strategies before you try it for real.

It is up to Kabam to decide if such fights should be rewarded: cash or a new type of tokens. Maybe a community aspect could be added, so players can have an accessible in-game platform to share hints & tips.

I think this would be a great addition to the game: it gives players more know-how to base their decisions on and give them to opportunity to learn tremendous amount of game play. New or old players, everyone could use The Calculator.

What do you think?

Anyway, objective is the same: a place for the summoner to train his skills.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Maybe use the room the X-Men use to practice in.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    They'll never do it. They prefer that we use items to figure out tough fights.
  • ManChild wrote: »
    It should not cost us units to add nodes in any sort of training mode they might give us. I love the idea and I’ve made 2-3 posts about changing duels to add nodes. Duel credits I’m all for or a separate form of “training badges” from arena. NOT units to add nodes to something I’m practicing for. Units are too rare.

The main functionality of the training room would be finding a champion to fight against, just like the duells right now. The advantage would be that you could easily find a match that you are looking for. After the changes to the user name and profile pics it has became quite difficult to find the needed champion.

Paying units would only come in if you want to add specific nodes or more then two nodes (like I previously suggested)

This would resoult into following post...
    They'll never do it. They prefer that we use items to figure out tough fights.

You would simply get an improved duelling system where you can find a champion to fight against. Adding the buffs on the champion would result into a profit loss for Kabam because you know how to fight them with those nodes. Thats why the Units would come into play. Kabam would not lose as much. You do not need add those nodes. You can still fight the standard version without paying units.
  • i am thinking more in the way that training room would also help you get to know some champion you wish you had. say someone doesn't have omega red. and it's either arena with him or some crystals with him. yeah you can look at youtube videos, but it's not nearly as good as testing it yourself, maybe even with synergies etc. then, if you like it, you'll grind the arena or buy the crystal. if you don't, you won't. bottom line, you won't get sad after you spend 3 days grinding arena and only then you find out it's just not what you expected.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Its a good idea, but in your scenario of finding a sparring partner, are you fighting an actual real person live in an actual pvp? cause i can see problems of latency happening in that scenario. Not to mention if its 2 people actually pvp-ing each other in real time, probably half the battle would be spent waiting for the opponent to make a move so they can be parried.

If you are just creating a champion without the need to find a real life sparring partner then i'm all for it.
  • Its a good idea, but in your scenario of finding a sparring partner, are you fighting an actual real person live in an actual pvp? cause i can see problems of latency happening in that scenario. Not to mention if its 2 people actually pvp-ing each other in real time, probably half the battle would be spent waiting for the opponent to make a move so they can be parried.

If you are just creating a champion without the need to find a real life sparring partner then i'm all for it.

Nobody said anything about PVP or fighting real persons. We don't have this in MCOC and probably never will.
    It's just a training mode. Call it "Danger Room". Choose your Champions and place some nodes on him. Fight him with the best AI Kabam has to offer.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Call them the danger rooms since the x-men trained in them.
  • no pvp...you fight imaginary opponents by "building" the difficulty with either your own champs or you also create/build your champs for this training. just imagine: you are level 20 and your max champ is hulk with 2000 rating. wouldn't be cool to be able to fight a 13 000 blade vs 50 000 mephisto? or see how that same hulk,but 5* rank 5, deals with boss of master difficulty. we are talking about let's say 5 fights/day for free, the rest are like 5/10/15 units, maybe depending on how many * opponent has..
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    excellent idea. especially after the possibility of changing the profile picture. it became harder to locate specific opponents to battle.