**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystic Dispersion NERF

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    Oh and if Md needs a nerf because so many use it shouldn't dex get nerfed for that same reason

Yes yes… one allows you to play perfectly and get rewarded

The other gives spite to the already strongest class in the game

Honestly I don't think people CARE about the Dex-crit

Dex- crit ?? Spite is much different cos they continue to gain power until you hit the opponent

Yeah but it's a MUCH slower gain that I even had NC rolling on my team in 4.3 RttL and he was a VIP where if I had him in a war attack… I'd last about hits hrs due to MD
    So let me get this straight. Based on your Posts you want them to nerf everything that's hard for you. Am I in the same ballpark?

No… I'm actually in the "fairness" category as defense is already crazy with spiders, NC, Hype, Magik, Unstoppable, Mordo… and CWBP among many others who depending on placement are actually a "good" challenge…

However when war leaks into Baustia territory where exactly does one draw the line?
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Mystic Dispersion is working as intented, leave MD alone
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It's not a slower gain, it goes up by a % every time a buff expires hence the problems with dexterity. Who do you use for aw attack
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Mystic Dispersion is working as intented, leave MD alone

Yeah it's driving up the sale of units for alliance potions and revives
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    So let me get this straight. Based on your Posts you want them to nerf everything that's hard for you. Am I in the same ballpark?

No… I'm actually in the "fairness" category as defense is already crazy with spiders, NC, Hype, Magik, Unstoppable, Mordo… and CWBP among many others who depending on placement are actually a "good" challenge…

However when war leaks into Baustia territory where exactly does one draw the line?

You Parry and use different skills than Dexterity.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

You Parry and use different skills than Dexterity.

Too difficult rather cry nerf
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    It's not a slower gain, it goes up by a % every time a buff expires hence the problems with dexterity. Who do you use for aw attack

Hulk… a champion praised for being capable of taking long hard fights due to large damage output

Hawkeye for his bleeds and control who I mostly keep around for Rhino, Electro and Hype…

And the last spit is a rotating VAoU, Wolverine and Karnak depending on my path

Even parry a lot of specials would be devastating to block
    I'm really not trying to be rude. I can see you're frustrated. I'm developing limited patience for Nerf Threads. Your suggestions seem to be connected. I would suggest working on Power Control. Explore Champs that have less Buffs to trigger it, and if it does trigger, Bait the Special. Use Dex when absolutely necessary, and explore different Fight Styles before suggesting a nerf that would affect everyone. Just a suggestion.
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    We dont need nerfs, we need the other specialized class masteries to be as prominently useful and powerful as MD.

Also the specialized masteries, the scouter masteries, and new ones not released could be put in a new MASTER mastery group that can only be activated with levels 60-75 or whatever new level cap is in place.

This would preserve the core mastery balance and bring balance to MD. Collar tech could be improved to fully counteract MD, pure skill probably good enough, the other classes have no usable mastery that is on par with the others and need a TOTAL redo.

I think the best solution other than a major mastery redesign would be a MD cooloff period for dex triggering it... If you totally nerf MD or reduce its power gain then it will become almost useless like the others and not worth spending points and cores on.
    I'm really not trying to be rude. I can see you're frustrated. I'm developing limited patience for Nerf Threads. Your suggestions seem to be connected. I would suggest working on Power Control. Explore Champs that have less Buffs to trigger it, and if it does trigger, Bait the Special. Use Dex when absolutely necessary, and explore different Fight Styles before suggesting a nerf that would affect everyone. Just a suggestion.

The issue isn't also black and white though. This kind of war stagnates and often comes down to RNG and who ranked up who first

If mystic wasn't the AUTO-KILL it is then diversity of other mastery sets, war defenders and placement would open many more strategies in war

"Should I play it safe or should I place NC or SPIDER-MAN or Maybe ULTRON?! on this 66% armor mode instead of juggernaut or Magik"

Idontinkso wrote: »
    We dont need nerfs, we need the other specialized class masteries to be as prominently useful and powerful as MD.

Also the specialized masteries, the scouter masteries, and new ones not released could be put in a new MASTER mastery group that can only be activated with levels 60-75 or whatever new level cap is in place.

This would preserve the core mastery balance and bring balance to MD. Collar tech could be improved to fully counteract MD, pure skill probably good enough, the other classes have no usable mastery that is on par with the others and need a TOTAL redo.

I think the best solution other than a major mastery redesign would be a MD cooloff period for dex triggering it... If you totally nerf MD or reduce its power gain then it will become almost useless like the others and not worth spending points and cores on.

A passive cooloff of 8-7 seconds would actually place a limit on HOW abusive such a mastery could be

However champion abilities that remove buffs would have no cooloff but in cases like Voodoo L1 L2 and Magik L3 it'd only occur once per "Nullify" so each instance of Nullify can only trigger MD once

Science could also get buffed to be similar to GP where thy can't lose more than 90-50% if current health to a special attack (even through a block) to help counter all the extra specials that Mystic will have access to

I like that
    edited July 2017

The issue isn't also black and white though. This kind of war stagnates and often comes down to RNG and who ranked up who first

If mystic wasn't the AUTO-KILL it is then diversity of other mastery sets, war defenders and placement would open many more strategies in war

"Should I play it safe or should I place NC or SPIDER-MAN or Maybe ULTRON?! on this 66% armor mode instead of juggernaut or Magik"

If you know there is a high probability that MD will show up in your Tier, then it's best to bring who you need to minimize it. That's the preparation process in the current meta of War. Blind anticipation. It is impossible to be 100% prepared because people can place who they choose. We will also have to accept the fact that we will die from time to time. MD is not the Auto-Kill. It is a Mastery that is enhanced by Champs that have strong Abilities. It's just a matter of being prepared for it. We have no control over who places what. We can however, examine trends and accommodate as best as possible. People are going to use what kills. That will never change. All we can do is our best.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Honestly I think MD should stay exactly how it is. The real problem is ALL the other class masteries are nowhere near the power and usefulness of MD. Let me explain.

Mutagenesis: worthless against ANY hero that doesn't cause bleed.

Cosmic Awareness: worthless against ANY hero that doesn't have armor up.

Science Serum: worthless against ANY hero who's attack is not energy based.

Collar Tech: almost completely negated by the power of MD.

Pure Skill: was once extremely useful and now well we all know the story on that one.

The main difference for MD is it applies to ALL heroes because of dexterity. Instead of calling to nerf MD we should be petitioning Kabam to adjust ALL the other class masteries and make them apply to ALL heroes as well. If they took the time to adjust them AW would be opened up to all kinds of heroes, and not just either evaders or mystic champs.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Btw I made this exact same suggestion to @Kabam Miike . He let me know he took the suggestion to the team. I never heard anything back. Hopefully if more folks can get on board maybe they will understand that this is actually a real issue. Unlocking any class mastery costs the same ( which is expensive I have them all unlocked). It's just unfortunate that one mastery is way more powerful than the rest and can apply to every hero.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited July 2017
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    Honestly I think MD should stay exactly how it is. The real problem is ALL the other class masteries are nowhere near the power and usefulness of MD. Let me explain.

Mutagenesis: worthless against ANY hero that doesn't cause bleed.

Cosmic Awareness: worthless against ANY hero that doesn't have armor up.

Science Serum: worthless against ANY hero who's attack is not energy based.

Collar Tech: almost completely negated by the power of MD.

Pure Skill: was once extremely useful and now well we all know the story on that one.

The main difference for MD is it applies to ALL heroes because of dexterity. Instead of calling to nerf MD we should be petitioning Kabam to adjust ALL the other class masteries and make them apply to ALL heroes as well. If they took the time to adjust them AW would be opened up to all kinds of heroes, and not just either evaders or mystic champs.

You are way too nice on this post.

I agree with you 100% . Mutant, cosmic and science one are simply worthless. Pure skill is now worthless you just need Pierce. Tech collar is getting abit more attention lately due to all the new tech champs and maybe useful on champs such as OP vision, otherwise worthless. There are just no balance and no one can understand why a OP class need a OP class mastery.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    ^Well, that will get this thread closed finally
    Guys let's remember to be respectful
  • 420sam wrote: »

So that's how you shut down nerf posts. Interesting.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I think dexterity shouldn't affect MD or something like dormamus sig ability. Then md will still be great but not too op
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Try collar tech, maybe you know what it is.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    420sam wrote: »

So that's how you shut down nerf posts. Interesting.

It was headed there, that just speeds it up...much like buffs speed up power gain under mystic dispersion. See how I just took it full circle?
    edited December 2017
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    My point is that it is EXTRENELY unfair to give the most OP class the most OP extra ability that activeate against 90% of the champions that are even usable! And it's not JUST like Hyperion who does it slowly and on a power gain node is predictable but Mystic is everywhere, is one of the reasons MAGIK is so ungodly annoying, but literally constricts the WAR attack roster to… 5 champs roughly… even Stagger and Null won't actually help as is physically is not even a Buff. Even champions like Thor and Hulk who don't technically lose a Buff when attacking but instead replace old Fury with new Fury still trigger it

(And honestly… I gave Spite a LOT more as it was much MUCH slower than the instantaneous garbage MD)

Dude, you realize it costs a lot to level up MD... if you are asking for a nerf of this, then you are basically saying **** you to all the players who invested in MD, just because you can't play around it. My solution is to either 1) go buy MD and decide for yourself if after spending units on it, it is still "overrated," 2) Learn to play against Power Gain, 3) Play better, 4) Stop whining and buck up, it will make you better to learn to counter the harder content in this game... You will NEVER improve if you continually ask for nerfs of end game content.

Things that benefit the player is far and few between in this game. Please DO NOT ask for Kabam to remove anything that helps us, as players, to counter the harder end-game content in MCOC. It is already hard enough without nerfing stuff that we paid for with units, just because it doesn't benefit you. You are a pretty selfish player with your line of thought, and as such you do not speak for the community as a whole.

Hence why I said you'd get your Units refunded if you actually read my post
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    the real issue is player base being unable to adjust. many of the mystic champs have short range special attacks that you can bait and stay away from with out evading and triggering MD
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    Lol. Md is good. Dexterity crit buff is the main concern.

Oh please… it's basically SPITE! Yeah remember SPITE?! The thing that made The cavalry and Baustia challenges… CHALLENEGING!

The thing that made 4.3 in RttL a challenge!

Yeah… end game content that bars about 90% of all halfway decent champions down to only Hawkeye, Magik, Dormammu, Ronan, AA, and the 2 Caps/Visions

Yeah… because fixing Dexterity will allow Hulk to stand a chance against a mystic (of which is ironic as Science is supposed to be GOOD against mystic class LOL)

I destroy Mordo on thorns with my Hulk every war. He does fine against mystics.
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    My point is that it is EXTRENELY unfair to give the most OP class the most OP extra ability that activeate against 90% of the champions that are even usable! And it's not JUST like Hyperion who does it slowly and on a power gain node is predictable but Mystic is everywhere, is one of the reasons MAGIK is so ungodly annoying, but literally constricts the WAR attack roster to… 5 champs roughly… even Stagger and Null won't actually help as is physically is not even a Buff. Even champions like Thor and Hulk who don't technically lose a Buff when attacking but instead replace old Fury with new Fury still trigger it

(And honestly… I gave Spite a LOT more as it was much MUCH slower than the instantaneous garbage MD)

Dude, you realize it costs a lot to level up MD... if you are asking for a nerf of this, then you are basically saying **** you to all the players who invested in MD, just because you can't play around it. My solution is to either 1) go buy MD and decide for yourself if after spending units on it, it is still "overrated," 2) Learn to play against Power Gain, 3) Play better, 4) Stop whining and buck up, it will make you better to learn to counter the harder content in this game... You will NEVER improve if you continually ask for nerfs of end game content.

Things that benefit the player is far and few between in this game. Please DO NOT ask for Kabam to remove anything that helps us, as players, to counter the harder end-game content in MCOC. It is already hard enough without nerfing stuff that we paid for with units, just because it doesn't benefit you. You are a pretty selfish player with your line of thought, and as such you do not speak for the community as a whole.

Also I'm deeply sorry that you need such drastic improvements to the most OP class in the game to do hard content…

Besides the community as a whole is a massive nightmare of people only respond to nerf posts with this amount of enthusiasm yet let genuinely great Buff posts die in obscurity

So as someone who has repeatedly tried to engage to community to agree on a middle between God tier and forcing the entire game to revolve around 2 or three champs (mostly about Hyperion and Mystic Dispersion) as much as I hate on these 2 very specific things

I also create posts and comments for buffing:
    DS, Abomination, Spider Gwen, Joe Fixit, Oldman Logan, Hawkeye, Groot, Colossus, Black Bolt, Kamala Khan, Gambit, Iron Patriot, War Machine, Iron Man, SIM, and probably others I missed and have not gotten around to yet.

I actually intend to create a Buff post for either Luke Cage or She Hulk in the next few days if you aren't opposed to Buffs even though they classify as change
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    These cry posts about nerfs should be considered spam. The same posts every day. MD, majik, hyperion, Mordo, over and over and over again.
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    These cry posts about nerfs should be considered spam. The same posts every day. MD, majik, hyperion, Mordo, over and over and over again.

Why is it people like you only ever attack pots suggesting nerfing down the god tier and never support posts requesting buffs to any other tier? Many ideas for Class masteries, improvement to old champs and many more buffs go unnoticed it are shot down

I'm starting to think it's less about you people's investment in the better attributes and more like the community is autistic and any change is enough to send you into full screaming fits!
    calls the community autistic then expects people to agree with him
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    calls the community autistic then expects people to agree with him

lol Donald Trump has offended basically ever single non-white male Christian in the world and still got elected I figured you already hate me what's the worst that'd happen

But you have to admit the lack of any support for BUFF threads is EXTREMELY low