**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Beyond the easy path - LOL discussion

Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Need some help here. My first run of LOL (easy path ) I used basically R5 Blade + R4 SL. Only spent about 400 units to complete.

I saved 10,000 units hoping to do at least 3-4 more runs. For my next run I chose path 2 - SL->Abom->Guilly->Venompool->DS->Maestro.

I used 5Domino R5 trinity plus 6Sentinel+Hulk (for Abom and Guilly). All went well before and after DS. Venompool was nasty and took a few more revives than I would have liked but it was doable. But DS...OMG. I blew an embarrassing number of units on him.

1) What is (was) your strategy for Doctor Strange? I very salty about him and can't imagine fighting him 2x more times. It's ridiculous really...

2) What tips can you give me for paths 2-6? (7 won't be a problem except for OG Spidey (Domino) and X-23 (4* Void)

I think I'm planning on using 5Blade/5GR/4Spark/4Meph+Problem solver for 2-6.

Help a brother out...now I need to save more units...

#wishiwouldhavespentthemonvariant

Shroud

(Edit - I've watched all the videos...but they almost all focus on the easy path)

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    400 units did you have revives saved up?
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    edited February 2019
    For the easy path? Yeah I had about 500 or so UC 4 hr crystals + some revives. It' wasn't that hard - just long with Blade. The inner paths with the enigmatics are just stupid hard. Everybody shrugs off everything...and they have like 3M hit points so it's hard to fight that long without making a mistake.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    If you have a void as a 5* r4 he could be quite useful for dr strange it’d just be a long fight
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Use the mystic synergy with mephisto or dorm for dr strange. You really just can’t get hit. His regen power stays active for the majority of the time so any hit and he gets back 50k+ health. So a 5 hit combo by him will regen about 60-70 hits worth of damage.

Don’t get hit.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    I was able to solo Ex Dr strange with R5 Starlord, took like 330 hits or something.

Ex Cyclops blue team is prob the worst LOL fight imo so far. Still have to fight AV and Electro tough
    edited February 2019
    Haha - not get hit - that's always my general strategy. My main issue is his power gain. I can't tell you how many times he would not bait and just held to L3 insta-death.

Also, I can generally evade DS L2 but in LOL he releases it so fast there's almost no way to evade the 1st part. So I try to eat it and evade the 2nd. (Besides me missing the occasional L1 evade - not as hard, but you have to time that perfectly as well.)

The videos I watch just had him spamming L1 - I wish...
    Now that I'm past Abom and Guilly - I have more options. Domino was good but IMHO not as good as Blade. Faster...but a lot more expensive for a scrub like me...
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I think you only have to fight DS 1 more time. 2 total.

I had a heck of a time w/ that fight too. He's a pain.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Dr strange with blade and danger sence made the fight very easy. His power gain made it easy to hit him a bunch befor he gets to one bar of power
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Bring mephisto and SS to synergy with your blade.
    What makes it more annoying is that there is almost nothing in between completion and exploration. If they gave you at least a T2a for completing a path, I would be happy I think. Instead, for thousands of units, I got a sig stone and a +5 on my Ronan...
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Shroud1969 wrote: »
    What makes it more annoying is that there is almost nothing in between completion and exploration. If they gave you at least a T2a for completing a path, I would be happy I think. Instead, for thousands of units, I got a sig stone and a +5 on my Ronan...

Yeah it's obnoxious but it's a marathon not a sprint. There is no real rush to get it done. Your r5 blade can tear through he vast majority of it but you will have to waste a bunch of items on certain fights. AV and BW come to mind.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    DS was an absolute nightmare for me, both times. Used 5* 5/65 SL, don’t have blade. It was a matter of getting in as many hits as possible before getting k.o.-ed. A streak of 50-100 hits was the max I could against him.
    Tbh I enjoyed some fights in lol > thor, daredevil netflix, vision og, moonknight. Other fights made me want to bash my face against a concrete wall: ds, blue cyc.
    Sparky eludes me...I do have R4 SL. Beginning to think I should have R5d SL instead of Domino. That said my Domino is amazeballs in all other content. (She did well enough in LOL - just not as good as I expected).
    Epistriatus - glad to know it's not just me...

Seems like unless you have all R5s - with 15-18 fights you can't fully account for every fight on every path. One encounter at least is going to own you because of the matchup.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I used Void against Dr. Strange. Void keeps his power at zero. That that point, it becomes a matter of keeping your intercepting skills sharp. But even with the class advantage and constant damage, this is a long fight. Not hard, just long.

I agree with those saying that Cyclops (Blue) was hard. I found Juggernaut and (surprisingly) Kamala Khan very challenging (Kamala because my 2 fighters were heavy on debuffs).

I think Thor was among the easiest enigmatic fights in all of LOL along with Rocket, Star Lord, and Hulkbuster.

Domino with synergies has made most of LOL pretty easy. There are still some fights that pose some issues, but when you have infinite parries that can be followed but insane damage, fights are over very quick with very few resources used. To be honest, I'm a little jealous of how easy it has made things for people with the right team, but at least the practice that came with doing things the hard way helped to sharpen my intercepting skills. So there's that. :p
    edited February 2019
    Domino was very very good for most fights. Especially versus the outer lane opponents. Don't think she was ideal for path 2 since a few of the enemies shrug debuffs - I'm looking at you Venompool!

The passive evades were my main cause of KO.

Not sure she was better than Blade overall. Don't really need parries with Blade (except for OG Spidey). Just block and heal back chip damage. Flixdevil is the exception I guess - I'll need a counter for him.

Gonna be a longer road than I thought!

I'll say this - if this is what endgame looks like then my days may be numbered!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Blue cyclops was definitely my worst fight. Hate him so much lol.