**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Very, very excited about these matchmaking changes. One week off is at odds with Kabam's previous statements about time between seasons . I may speak for more than oneself when I say it would've been better for Kabam to be upfront with transitioning from two weeks to one week.

Bro, it’s 2 weeks off in total. One week of no wars + one week of off-season wars.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Bro, it’s 2 weeks off in total. One week of no wars + one week of off-season wars.

I corrected my comment, you're late lol
    This really negatively affects alliances with members in spread out time zones, and especially Eastern Europe and Asian alliances. They will miss a large portion of attack. The loss of start time flexibility will do more harm than good

My alliance has Asian and European players. We match once it’s available at 3am my time and 12-3pm on the European timings. It’s fine. Things will work out.
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 45
    Lets go make an answer that no one will read anyways!

Finally u did a nice system (looks fair LOL) and already did several mistakes...
    1 - Why not perma "enlistment"? This is obvious that most of alliances will do every war so why not think a STEP ahead and get a button that you are PERMANENT enlisted?
    2 - I could be wrong, but I could not figure out any WINDOW to replace players in between wars, unless the matchmaking window counts.
    3 - Hope this amazing system that you will implement don't bring tier 2 alliances to top spots in the masters, since the top 30 alliances (tier1) mostly will be facing each other and probably losing here and there.

Good initiative, needs some polish and lets see if it work.
  • seriously, it's about time.
    imo, best way to determine t5 is to lock in top6 allies with 6 matches left in the season and do a round robin, then again lock in #1-2, 3-4, 5-6 and duke it out for #1, #3 and #5.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    Can a top Alliance matched again a other top Alliance multiple times in one Season?

This Change is for the Most top Alliances Really Bad
    MRod77 wrote: »
    So those of us with jobs who started AW's when people got home from work so we can maximize our times, will now be relegated to having to start when Kabam tells us sometime during this 5hr window??? So now if a match is found for us right off the bat then we will have to coordinate while people are still at work or commuting home?? Not very efficient at all.

Attack phase starts at the same time for everyone.
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    What's the cut off to have all members in your alliance to participate? Does it have to be before matchmaking or before enlistment?
    Cheers to Kabam for adapting the opt-in system.

(Can we discuss about the war rating and multiplier system now?) :D
  • little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20
    edited February 2019
    So just to confirm it's still possible for a match to be made between a tier 3 and tier 4 alliance where both parties will receive a different multiplier for the same war?

This is one of the biggest problems with matchmaking at the moment. Getting tier 4 points especially for a loss but having to pay the cost with units and items to compete on the expert map is unfair and can change the outcome of this season for an alliance.

Both sides should always receive the same multiplier for the same war.

@Kabam Miike please confirm and if this is the case would like to hear the justification for this not being changed please

Please not this is mostly only an issue on the tier 3 and 4 boundary as they both have different difficulty maps with tier 3 being significantly harder than that linked to tier 4.

Cc @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Wolf

All other changes seem great - thank you all for putting hard work into this.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    If one alliance in Master bracket have no luck and get multiple Times NY and lose many wars because of one Alliance....

I corrected my comment, you're late lol

Shucks :(
  • What's the cut off to have all members in your alliance to participate? Does it have to be before matchmaking or before enlistment?

It will be before matchmaking. You can find a new recruit during Enlistment.
    Fabi1989 wrote: »
    If one alliance in Master bracket have no luck and get multiple Times NY and lose many wars because of one Alliance....

When you lose to them, your rating drops and it’s highly unlikely you’ll get them again in the next matchup given the unified matchmaking. The only way you have a chance of matching them again is you win your next war and they lose their next.

Thing is, if you’re fighting for the top spot, and if it’s a sole contention between you and them, you’re bound to meet them multiple times.

Wait. You’re afraid?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Love the change. I do wish war could start a little later though.
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Fabi1989 wrote: »
    Can a top Alliance matched again a other top Alliance multiple times in one Season?

This Change is for the Most top Alliances Really Bad

How is this bad?

Because when real top alliances face only each other other loser Wood 2 alliances will have easy wars and they will get the same points. Is this fair?

In football, Barcelona doesn't always face Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea, Psg..

See my post above.

That’s the beauty of unified matchmaking.
  • Love all the complaints by people saying timing is going to be an issue now.

Why was this complaint not made about aq over the years? Aq works but war wont even though it has far less energy requirements?

Also, how many of you complaining about coordination are in top alliances?
    Scared of a fair fight?
  • Denta89Denta89 Posts: 74
    @Kabam Miike is it possible to match the same Alliance multiple times in a Season? Or in a week?
  • czantraczantra Posts: 9
    Currently the alliance gets its participants locked once the matchmaking process has begun (unless it is cancelled before it finished). How does the new system work with personnel changes?
    Do they get locked in when leadership chooses to enlist, so would they need to un-enlist then reenlist or does it only lock in once matchmaking happens?

You can aim to make adjustments around the week at a time system, but that's not always going to be practicable. Under the current system, matchmaking could be delayed until switches had been made, but matchmaking will now automagically happen after the end of attack phase (if the alliance has enlisted in time).

If someone needs to move alliance, does it mean they would need to forgo war rewards in additional to the usual AQ day/weekly rewards and Summoner Advancement dance?

And if it's all running on a fixed schedule per week, perhaps offer rewards per week like AQ?
    Or otherwise clarify when Season 8 ends, as you've only implied it starts 20 February (after pre-season).
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Absolutely love the change @Kabam Miike

For those complaining about timezone differences, it is about organising your battlegroups and paths. It will get done because there is always downtime no matter where in the world you are.

You will find a way to do it, just like you do now.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Nice this will spice up wars and exactly what the community wanted. Going to wait and see how far reach the system will match alliances, I am a little concerned that if it’s too narrow it’ll be a bloodbath with many alliances just facing the same small set of opponents around their war rating. Also tanking and alliance shell swapping becomes a lot more beneficial because you’ll always want to have the lowest war rating possible to get you the best season matches at the start at least.

Looking forward to how it plays out!