**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Class boosts not working, again

BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
edited January 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Just fought a 5/65 Medusa war boss with my 5/65 Corvus, I had all 4 charges.
Before the fight I used a 150% power cosmic boost, a 12% special damage cosmic boost, and an advanced power war boost.
Upon activating my sp2, which hit on all 3 hits, I received back about 30% of one bar of power. It did approximately 15-20% damage to Medusa. Maybe less, maybe more, hard to say. Because I did receive some power back, and because of the relatively small amount of damage done (considering Corvus had all 4 missions accomplished), I have to assume it is the 12% boost that is yet again broken.
Before you ask, no I don’t have a video. It’s a close war and I didn’t want to pause it and mess up my rhythm.
War tier is 4, iPhone 8, most recent iOS and game updates. WiFi only.
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious this needs to be fixed again ASAP

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    I say again, 8% and 12% boosts are not working again.

https://youtu.be/9BVXJJ4jQNQ

This also raises three other questions. Is Killmonger’s true strike not bypassing the resistance nodes? Is his sp3 bleed unaffected by the 20% champion boost? I run max despair, do those 25 bleeds count as one individual debuff, even though wording in his description clearly lists it as “each” and a “stack”.
    @Kabam Miike please advise.
    I know it’s late on a Friday so I’ll just be here waiting until Monday.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I don't know what's wrong from that video ...
    Clearly true strike was working since the damage wasn't decreasing. I can't say anything from the power boosts since there is no "before and after", and she wasn't healing so couldn't see despair in action.

Boosts increase the special attack damage. His bleeds are based on his own attack, and not the special damage (technically you could do a 0 damage special and the bleed damage would not change)
    Lol. Why did someone flag it?
    @will-o-wisp I had 12% and 200% boosts active, plus a 20% champion boost, and I barely gained any power at all back from the specials. With true strike up to bypass the resistances, and the 20% and 12% boosts, sp2 should have done more damage and thus gained more power back.

You’re right though, there was no willpower active, I just noticed that. It was a gripe I had from a previous war that never got answered so I figured I’d toss it in here too.

As far as the bleed damage goes, I don’t mean that the special boosts should affect them, just the 20% champion boost. I’m not even saying it should, just asking, because I know DoT damage can be affected by attack masteries, so can boosts do that as well?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    The class special boosts are based on the % of HP taken away from the defender. In fights where the enemy doesn't have that much total HP, and your specials will take away 1/3 or so of total hp, you would get a good amount of power back. But since the total % of HP you are dealing with a special in that fight is very low (not even 5%), you wil barely get any power back.

Boosts that increase special attack damage won't increase the bleed damage. Boosts that increase your attack will end up increasing the bleed damage
    Nowhere in the boost description does it say that it’s based on the % of health taken away. That may actually be true, but I’ll wait until Kabam tells me I’m wrong here.
    Also, based on previous experience, the start of the thread in fact, I can tell you that it’s definitely not working as it has in the past. I don’t have a video of that instance though which is unfortunate.
    Agree to disagree. It’s been broken before, very recently, so it’s not like I’m making an outrageous claim here.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    szl8urtttcj4.png
    @BirdReynolds the return is based on damage dealt from SP2 and 3. Says right in the description.
    I say again, 8% and 12% boosts are not working again.

https://youtu.be/9BVXJJ4jQNQ

This also raises three other questions. Is Killmonger’s true strike not bypassing the resistance nodes? Is his sp3 bleed unaffected by the 20% champion boost? I run max despair, do those 25 bleeds count as one individual debuff, even though wording in his description clearly lists it as “each” and a “stack”.
    @Kabam Miike please advise.
    I know it’s late on a Friday so I’ll just be here waiting until Monday.

I'd say its hard to tell with this fight if they work. She has several physical resistance buffs up and that can lessen your attacks as well. I really dont see anything wrong in the video to be honest.
    @Demonzfyre yeah, damage dealt, not percentage of health removed.
    Also KM has true strike active for every sp2 which should bypass all of those resistance buffs
    I ran a few duels against a 5/65 Medusa in my alliance. It doesn’t obviously have the resistance buffs but that shouldn’t matter with true strike active, as I understand it.
    It’s also an extremely small sample size, for both the specials used in the war and also the duels, but I’m not gonna do that 100 times over to prove a point.
    First picture is war specials broken down by damage per strike, total damage, and the average. Second is the duels. TS is true strike, A is within assassin range.
    yozstt6pen12.png

siv3gzqcuzft.png

Doesn’t seem to be a big enough difference to account for both the 20% champion boost and the 12% special damage boost.
    @Demonzfyre yeah, damage dealt, not percentage of health removed.
    Also KM has true strike active for every sp2 which should bypass all of those resistance buffs

You're right on the resistance part for TS but could that be part of the issue with CG against her?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    The special attack boosts appear to boost your attack for the special and not the damage. I would then say your specials should do ~30% more damage with the boosts you were using. Also you do not need multiple specials to average, just need 1 from each to grab the numbers. The first non critical hit of the special is 1107 w/o boost and 1454 w/ boosts which is about 30% more damage with boosts.

DDD explains the power boosts.
    https://youtu.be/ZszrkzbTDw4
    From past experience, no. He gets his guaranteed crits and damage. Not necessarily sure how his true damage interacts with resistances, but I know in the past fighting the boss with corvus, he does laughably excessive damage with a few charges, and some boosts.
    The only time I’ve seen that meager power gain before was when they were broken and we got compensated.
    Then it went back to normal for a while. A few weeks ago a friend complained that they weren’t working for him, so I’ve been trying to remember to keep an eye on it since.
    @CoatHang3r booo. I was hoping wisp was wrong. I still maintain that it was broken in the original fight that this thread is about, but I guess without proof I just look like a nutcase. I’ll try not to throw corvus in the trash before the boss next war...

And we won the war anyway, so I guess yay?