**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman Coldsnap

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
First off this is not a complaint thread, just more of an actual question because this situation has me totally confused.

I did trials today and stupid me, I didn’t bring a cold immune champ. I have been lucky enough to not face Iceman yet so I didn’t think about it. However these numbers make zero sense to me.

Iceman does 5,138 damage with Coldsnap. My GR has 16k health. I spent the whole fight waiting out Coldsnap (he didn’t touch me). How then do I die from cold snap. Even factoring in a 200% attack bonus (which doesn’t seem like it should affect it), it would be a little over 15k damage not 16k. I should’ve survived and been able to regenerate. I would prefer an official response but any feedback from the community is welcome too.

Please don’t make any comments about how I should’ve brought the right champ. That’s not the topic of this discussion. Thank you.

9pkx1nfv98cy.png
9rf8egmpayjd.png

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    His cold snap definitely does scale with the attack boost. So it should be 15414 damage. It doesn't leave you with much health left at that so any block damage could push you over your health pool. Not sure what his other nodes are that may have played a roll in it
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    He didn’t touch me but your comment reminded me about the nodes. I also forgot debilitate is one of them so that’s what probably got me. Thanks for the help. It’s crazy taking 20k damage without being touched.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    If he was lvl 200, it would be 18 846,9 damage (if his sign is the same as a 4-star).
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I lost too i had to fight a juggernut with sprite he keep going unstopable getting meter n going unblockable lost 5 star shards today
  • @V1PER1987 I learned this the hard way too. In 5.3.6, a few nodes before the Boss there's an Iceman. I never knew his Coldsnap scaled with attack boosts. So I went in prepared to eat about 5k in Coldsnap damage, only to get my entire crew destroyed. I went back with Ghost and got rid of it right out the gate with a quick dash back to activate Phasing (my 5* isn't duped unfortunately). I actually have been bringing Ghost to the Trial of Darkness for this exact situation. It blows that you're out the shards as there's no do overs. One of those hard lessons in MCoC. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that never lessens the sting of the lesson.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I experienced him today. I brought corvus. I died. I revived and corvus took every bit of Coldsnap. Luckily I survived at the 1% and moved on.

So is corvus bugged or am I missing something?
    And why does he do so much damage. The compensation for trials being “too hard” doesn’t begin to touch resources that have been spent on this guy. Something isn’t right at all.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    I'm pretty sure that compensation was for an interaction with Masochism, not Iceman. I remember a change being made to the epic trials one day.
    ManChild wrote: »
    I experienced him today. I brought corvus. I died. I revived and corvus took every bit of Coldsnap. Luckily I survived at the 1% and moved on.

So is corvus bugged or am I missing something?
    And why does he do so much damage. The compensation for trials being “too hard” doesn’t begin to touch resources that have been spent on this guy. Something isn’t right at all.

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    @Sixshot1 i know it wasn’t for him. It did say “harder than intended”. He’s definitely a little bit of a broken champ in epic. I was just saying that he’s super unfair and wayyyy harder than he should be there. Merely comparing that compensation and that issue to what I think should happen with this. Revives would be sufficient.
    @V1PER1987 I learned this the hard way too. In 5.3.6, a few nodes before the Boss there's an Iceman. I never knew his Coldsnap scaled with attack boosts. So I went in prepared to eat about 5k in Coldsnap damage, only to get my entire crew destroyed. I went back with Ghost and got rid of it right out the gate with a quick dash back to activate Phasing (my 5* isn't duped unfortunately). I actually have been bringing Ghost to the Trial of Darkness for this exact situation. It blows that you're out the shards as there's no do overs. One of those hard lessons in MCoC. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that never lessens the sting of the lesson.

Well I was able to finish it. Domino was 4/55 and had 20k HP. She got about 17% HP I think when Coldsnap expired and was able to finish the job. I’m glad he was the last fight though.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    First of all I think you have the right champs. I used stark spidey r5 and one shoted him ( yes i got him this trial too). I just built poise while cold snap was on... I found him still the best champ to fight iceman vs ST mainly in trial because the lack of build up time. I ended up with about 30% health on SS hope that helps.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    First of all I think you have the right champs. I used stark spidey r5 and one shoted him ( yes i got him this trial too). I just built poise while cold snap was on... I found him still the best champ to fight iceman vs ST mainly in trial because the lack of build up time. I ended up with about 30% health on SS hope that helps.

SS was my first attempt and he was one shot too (also didn’t get touched). I just didn’t include him because he’s only 3/45 with only 12k HP. I tried to build up poise but died too quickly.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Easy one shot with Ghost lol, I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a high ranked cold snap immune champ, it's pretty insane rank 4 champs die no matter what from the damage
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    Isn’t it interesting that iceman isn’t immune to Coldsnap. Found that out the hard way. LoL
  • I’m still confused how Iceman receives damage from Cold Snap when he fights another Iceman. It’s his own unique ability and he’s not even immune to it? If Kabaam can make Electro immune to Shock Damage, I’m sure that they can make Iceman immune to Frostbite/Cold Snap. Make it happen Kabaam!
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    I feel the same with other champs.
    Why doesn’t Groot or king Groot take more damage from incinerates? I mean they are freaking trees!!!!
    And why not have robots take more shock damage and such.
    Common Sense rears it’s ugly head.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    He didn’t touch me but your comment reminded me about the nodes. I also forgot debilitate is one of them so that’s what probably got me. Thanks for the help. It’s crazy taking 20k damage without being touched.

this falls under the "bring the right champs" header but i always remind myself of the possible defender list by checking out online resources and packing a safety champ for worst case scenario, in this case Meph. Of course, the trolliest thing kabam could do is pop iceman and dorm on the same day. It's like russian roulette, but somehow less fun.

Yeah I guess I should’ve checked the chart like I do on every other day. I just remember the worst champs being Dorm, MS, and Mephisto so only had them in mind.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Strikerrx8 wrote: »
    I lost too i had to fight a juggernut with sprite he keep going unstopable getting meter n going unblockable lost 5 star shards today

Couldn’t you use archangels. Neurotoxin to stop unstoppable from happening ?
  • Do you have Sabretooth as a 4,5, or 6?
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    edited February 2019
    Here’s the info. Plan for immunities and nodes

odj8559hx5nf.jpeg

• InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
    Easy, bring on a corvus, mephisto or sabretooth....
    Do you have Sabretooth as a 4,5, or 6?
    Infineight wrote: »
    Easy, bring on a corvus, mephisto or sabretooth....

Like I said in my post don’t tell me to bring the right champ. If you can see my second SS, I clearly have an Iceman counter. I merely forgot Iceman was an option because I have been lucky enough to avoid him. I figured out why he did so much damage so this thread can be closed or die.