**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

International Women's Day 2019

2»

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Yeah, a GP event, but where you need females to open the gates would be pretty cool. Especially of it had the rewards to boot.
  • I've been thinking on this since the past IWD event. I agree with not beating up weakened versions of women champs (whos idea was that..!?) and creating female character gates or "empowering nodes" (eh? eh??). Personal villian choices include Kingpin or Juggernaut but also womanizers like Iron Man or evil ladies like Hela (she destroyed the entire Valkyrie race!). Cause yes, we shouldn't just willie nilly beat up any ol male champ for women's day.

That said, there are plenty of male allies in the Marvel Universe (Cap, Luke, even Deadpool!) so it would be rad to give them dialogue to call out and clue in the misogyny that still persists in the comic community. Just don't forget to include a diverse array of femme characters at the core of it if you do.

I also wanna take a moment to share my experiences of being a large male champ beating a tiny femme champ. Bottom line, it's triggering. Not much of an issue these days cause I have a bigger collection and can avoid using certain champs, but when I was new I vividly remember unwittingly pairing Juggernaut against a tiny female form and preceded to pummel her until unconscious and it scarred me. Can't imagine how a confused or alienated man would experience that, perhaps with a vitriolic, reinforcing joy of sorts..? Not sure wut can be done, but putting the experience out there anyway~

Really stoked all I had to do was search and sure enough this issue had been brought, tho I see I'm a bit late in response. Cheers!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I've been thinking on this since the past IWD event. I agree with not beating up weakened versions of women champs (whos idea was that..!?) and creating female character gates or "empowering nodes" (eh? eh??). Personal villian choices include Kingpin or Juggernaut but also womanizers like Iron Man or evil ladies like Hela (she destroyed the entire Valkyrie race!). Cause yes, we shouldn't just willie nilly beat up any ol male champ for women's day.

That said, there are plenty of male allies in the Marvel Universe (Cap, Luke, even Deadpool!) so it would be rad to give them dialogue to call out and clue in the misogyny that still persists in the comic community. Just don't forget to include a diverse array of femme characters at the core of it if you do.

I also wanna take a moment to share my experiences of being a large male champ beating a tiny femme champ. Bottom line, it's triggering. Not much of an issue these days cause I have a bigger collection and can avoid using certain champs, but when I was new I vividly remember unwittingly pairing Juggernaut against a tiny female form and preceded to pummel her until unconscious and it scarred me. Can't imagine how a confused or alienated man would experience that, perhaps with a vitriolic, reinforcing joy of sorts..? Not sure wut can be done, but putting the experience out there anyway~

Really stoked all I had to do was search and sure enough this issue had been brought, tho I see I'm a bit late in response. Cheers!

Never too late. IWD hasn't happened yet.

Always nice to have an old thread resurrected; especially one that felt kind of important.

Glad this resonated with a few people.
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    I've been thinking on this since the past IWD event. I agree with not beating up weakened versions of women champs (whos idea was that..!?) and creating female character gates or "empowering nodes" (eh? eh??). Personal villian choices include Kingpin or Juggernaut but also womanizers like Iron Man or evil ladies like Hela (she destroyed the entire Valkyrie race!). Cause yes, we shouldn't just willie nilly beat up any ol male champ for women's day.

Bit too much in my opinion... You say that it scares you when you see Juggs beating up a female champ but what about when you fight stark spidey? HE'S LITERALLY A KID!!! Also I don't think it would be wise for them to put Iron man as an enemy for being a "womanizer" as a good chunk of players are here from the movies and Iron man is kinda meant to be portrayed from a decent light in the movies
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I know they can put up team restrictions/requirements when choosing a team for a mission ..

so:

mission with all Female characters ..

you're only allowed to bring female characters ..

*shrug*

Seems simple to me :)