**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

KABAM- Time to rework your freaking RNG

Seriously Kabam. I have played enough to get enough shards for a total of 4 5* crystals so far. And EVERY FREAKING ONE of my pulls have been Cosmic!!!
EVERY FREAKING ONE!!!!
I mean seriously guys... come on!!!
c26612h2somd.png

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Dude Ronan kicks booty
    Plus VP has a nice bleed and 10% max health regen on L1
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    That's not uncommon, really.

At least you duped one. Took me 18 5*s before I got a dupe.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I think I had 15 or so before I even had 4 different classes and even then it was 1 champ in 3 of those classes.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I think my first 6 or so 5* were cosmic.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    My last like 6 5* pulls have all been mutant, it happens.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Newer players always seem to get caught up on the classes. You shouldn't be worried about that man, you should be worried about bad champs.

My main squad always has two mystics on it, sometimes two mutants. Class isn't a be-all-end-all for your team.

And you shouldn't expect to have usuable 5*s so early either. I've opened 10 crystals and only use one of them..
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    Sitting here with 22 5* and not one cosmic..although looking at your selection i'd rather none sorry to say.
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Ive seen someone recently pull like 3 she hulks from 3 crystals, quit moaning
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    My last 2 pulls, back to back, we're Red Skull.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    I love posts about RNG and people that don't have a clue what RNG means.
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    Last time I checked RNG meant Random Numbers Generator. So yes I know what it means.
    Next
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The RNG is suspect at best. Sorry man it comes around if you stick with it lol.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    They rework the RNG every time the add a new champ to a crystal. 👍
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    My first 3 5* pulls were mystic magik,iron fist and then again got magik but then again that's not bad at all
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Try having 2017 the year of dupeless lol
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Just roll with the punches buddy, just because you pop 3 crystals doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a god tier. I feel your pain but there is nothing wrong with the RNG. It provides balance to this game
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Just roll with the punches buddy, just because you pop 3 crystals doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a god tier. I feel your pain but there is nothing wrong with the RNG. It provides balance to this game

how exactly one having bad champs and other having good ones will provide balance? there is no real balance in the game. rng supposed to make you want to open crystals, basically like gambling
    edited February 2019
    Aleor wrote: »

Which is why it provides balance. You ever played a mobile game where you can literally spend your way to the top in a matter of months? Not much fun being F2P. This sort of rng and champ pool means you aren’t guaranteed a thing even if you spend. I had terrible rng for like my first 10 5*. Last 2 months all I seem to pull is god tiers, it’s just the way it works.

how exactly one having bad champs and other having good ones will provide balance? there is no real balance in the game. rng supposed to make you want to open crystals, basically like gambling

Have you ever played a game where you can literally spend your way to the top in a matter of months? Yeah not much fun. You could be a whale here and pop 10 crystals and not be happy with 1 pull. RNG keeps this on an even keel for the most part because you’re not guaranteed a damn thing.
    My first 10 5* were complete trash, my last 10 have basically been god tier. It’s just the way it goes
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Have you ever played a game where you can literally spend your way to the top in a matter of months? Yeah not much fun. You could be a whale here and pop 10 crystals and not be happy with 1 pull. RNG keeps this on an even keel for the most part because you’re not guaranteed a damn thing.
    My first 10 5* were complete trash, my last 10 have basically been god tier. It’s just the way it goes

but you can still spend your way to the top here as well - just spend more. balance for me is when there are no champs that are better then some other champ in any situation. like why would I take dpxf over domino in any fight? absence of such fight means no balance
  • GsxrmackGsxrmack Posts: 6
    Rng is rigged i open a 2nd acct on saturday . My 1st 2 premium crystals i pulled a 2 ---3 star chanps corvus and sentinel, My main account i just got a corvus and dont have a sentinel. The alliance i join has 3 players level 17--- 2 of the 3 have (2) 4 star champs from the premium crystal
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    have well over 30 champs still no mutant or mystic dupes
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 558 ★★★
    But i dont understand why rng is used across 3-5* champs. Example I buy a deal to pull a 5* to get a 5* aegon and i pull a 3* KK, thats just absurd because I paid for a 5* champ. I can live with that i paid assuming or believing I will get a good 5* and I get a 5* KK. And the 5* drop rates are just too bad to be even discussed when they use a pool of 3-5* champs in a deal.

Just my 2 cents*
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    It’s not that I didn’t get a god tier, or he’ll even a mid-tier. It’s the fact that I got a 4th Cosmic. I’m only level 42. Just this week got my first 2 R5 4*’s (void and Magik, both awakened). HAPPY with those pulls. My 3rd will be my awakened Hyperion when I finally get my 3rd cosmic class cat.
    My issue is with Diversity, or lack there of. Having nothing but 5 * Cosmic drops, means little to no progression via ranking. I might be able to rank 1 of them sometime. But with all the class cats you get (which I seem to pull more skill and science types) I’ll hardly ever have the resources to utilize if all I get is cosmic.
    My main concern is with the lack of diversity.
    And you need diversity in your roster to really be able to progress at a decent rate.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    It’s not that I didn’t get a god tier, or he’ll even a mid-tier. It’s the fact that I got a 4th Cosmic. I’m only level 42. Just this week got my first 2 R5 4*’s (void and Magik, both awakened). HAPPY with those pulls. My 3rd will be my awakened Hyperion when I finally get my 3rd cosmic class cat.
    My issue is with Diversity, or lack there of. Having nothing but 5 * Cosmic drops, means little to no progression via ranking. I might be able to rank 1 of them sometime. But with all the class cats you get (which I seem to pull more skill and science types) I’ll hardly ever have the resources to utilize if all I get is cosmic.
    My main concern is with the lack of diversity.
    And you need diversity in your roster to really be able to progress at a decent rate.

You are level 42 with 3 5*. You don't need diversity right now.

I don't typically agree with @Demonzfyre but here he's totally correct.

I don't even know if I had a bloody 4 star at Lvl 42, and 5 stars didn't exist at all for sure then.

New players like the OP will never know what it was like for those that have been around since the beginning. You can progress so fast now that you aren't "ready" for the reality that is "you can't always get what you want". Accept the fact that every crystal you open will likely end in disappointment. Then when you DO get a god tier pull, you are that much more excited.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    To @Soulreaveras

While frustrating, your pulls aren’t that strange. I had a single Skill 5* champion for almost a year and a half. There may be problems inherent in Kabam’s version of pRNG, but your results aren’t an example of such problems. You have champs that many of us as veterans would have paid dearly for at your level.

To (some of) the other folks on this thread:

Ease up a little. The guy is L42 and, while he may have come on a little too strong, there’s really no need to be asinine or to editorialize.

Dr. Zola
This discussion has been closed.