**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Simple Solution to the Five Star Crystal Complaints

Before the recent batch of new five star champs, everyone was complaining that there weren't enough five stars to acquire. The new batch came out, and now everyone is complaining that there are too many and it's hard to get some champs you want. I agree with both of those arguments. I have a duped Captain America as a 4 star, and he's my second best champ. I pulled him as a 5 star recently, and he's only my second 5 star, so I was pretty disappointed to get someone I'd already poured resources into. There's a pretty simple solution to this problem, but it's not a very common thought, and I haven't seen it anywhere before. I apologize in advance if someone else has had this idea, but I haven't seen it. I'm pretty new to the forums, and it may have been suggested awhile ago. Anyway, here it is:

This Five Star Crystal would have 20 champs. A 5% shot at each one. Now, this is where things get unique. There would only be 20 champs in each crystal, but there would be more than 20 champs in the crystal rotation. Every week, 20 champions are selected from the pool of 5 stars. There could be as many champions as Kabam wants on this pool, so they could introduce new 5 stars rapidly without major changes to the crystal itself. Anyway, these champs would be selected at random once every week. Whether it changes ever Sunday with Crystal Cornucopia or Thursday with Summoner Advancement is up to Kabam. The certain 20 champs would be in the crystal for a week, then they'd all be removed and a new batch would come in. Now that I've explained how it would work, I'll explain the advantages to the crystal.

-This smaller number of champs in the crystal at once would give users a reasonable way to go for certain champs without having an unfair chance at receiving exactly who they want.
-The large pool of rotating champs would ensure a large variety of the 5 star roster across the Contest.
-5 star champ diversity wouldn't be an issue. Every time a crystal contains a popular character that many users would buy, the other champs surrounding them would be acquired by many who took the risk at someone like Star Lord or Magik.
-This would add a new aspect of strategy, timing, and intelligence when opening 5 star crystals. New and excited players who pop the crystal immediately to gain their first one or two five stars might want to wait for a good batch, while older and more seasoned players won't have to wait for months on end for the next, better, batch of five stars to come in.
-The higher chance at a rewarding champion would keep users engaged, active, and ready to give Kabam some money to snag some shards or units so they can try out the current batch of champs.

What do you guys think? Let me know down below. This may be a terrible idea, but I find it entertaining and helpful to Kabam and their customers. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

With the introduction of new 5 stars in the game, the odds of you pulling something desirable is decreased. This is part of the game, as you can see it well with 2-4* crystals. While trying not to defend them, Kabam is beginning to make 5-star shards readily available and while I hope they add more ways, there is more than enough to go around.

Arena can grant you 700 shards every three days
    Event quests granting 1000 a month
    War 500 if you win/ 150 if you lose.
    AQ 200 when running 5x5
    SA grants 250-1000 depending on where you fall.
    Last, when you get enough 4 stars, you start pulling more 5 stars and that's just how it goes.

You can essentially grind out a 5-star champ every 3 weeks or so if you really try and they are so hard to get because they are supposed to be rare and not easily obtainable. Making them easily available or concentrated into one smaller pool crystal would throw off the way the game is played and everyone would focus around single champions and again and Kabam would release another Patch 12.0 and we all know no one wants that.

Also, it clearly states in one of the mod posts that around year 3 anniversary the featured crystal will only have around 7 champs in it. If you want a select few your chances will be high then.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    J0NisCOOL wrote: »
    You can't have your cake and eat it too.

With the introduction of new 5 stars in the game, the odds of you pulling something desirable is decreased. This is part of the game, as you can see it well with 2-4* crystals. While trying not to defend them, Kabam is beginning to make 5-star shards readily available and while I hope they add more ways, there is more than enough to go around.

Arena can grant you 700 shards every three days
    Event quests granting 1000 a month
    War 500 if you win/ 150 if you lose.
    AQ 200 when running 5x5
    SA grants 250-1000 depending on where you fall.
    Last, when you get enough 4 stars, you start pulling more 5 stars and that's just how it goes.

You can essentially grind out a 5-star champ every 3 weeks or so if you really try and they are so hard to get because they are supposed to be rare and not easily obtainable. Making them easily available or concentrated into one smaller pool crystal would throw off the way the game is played and everyone would focus around single champions and again and Kabam would release another Patch 12.0 and we all know no one wants that.

Also, it clearly states in one of the mod posts that around year 3 anniversary the featured crystal will only have around 7 champs in it. If you want a select few your chances will be high then.

I'm not trying to complain about the amount of work it takes to get a 5 star. The effort it required now is perfectly fine, and I wouldn't want it increased or decreased at all. I'm simply saying that the current pool makes it difficult to pull someone you would even use if they were a four star.

For me, I can't do arena that often. The first four star arena I ever won was the recent WS arena with a cutoff of about 2.3 mil. When it gets anywhere over 3 mil, which is the case most times, I've got no chance, and I'm not willing to play the game ceaselessly so I can get 300 five star shards.

With the rarity of these crystals to most players, it's unreasonable for them to receive a Spidergwen or Luke Cage. It takes me personally about 4-6 months to get a five star. If I ended up with one of them, I'd flip. Many have. I got Cap, which was enough for me to understand that disappointment, but I didn't get it as bad as many did. What would you say to the guy spends 8 months grinding for his first five star and gets Iron Patriot?

The five star pool is only going to get bigger. And the bigger it gets, the less likely it is to get who you want. Maybe having only 20 champs is too small, but they need to set a limit somewhere. That somewhere is not where it is right now. Maybe Kabam could say 30, but something needs to change so we can have a chance at getting someone reasonable for our efforts.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I like the current system.
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    I like the current system.

Okay, but even if you like this as it is, it's going to get bigger. They're just going to keep adding champs onto this current pool. So if you like it now, you won't later. And if you'll like it then, you won't now.
    And again, Kabam could add as many 5 stars as they want without drastically changing the crystal itself.
    Anyone else think that this would work?
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    If it takes you 4 months to form a 5* you just need to take time and progress your roster so you can play at a higher level and obtain more 5 stars. Its not unreasonable for people to get bad champions out of the crystals sure it sucks but its all part of the game. The problem with your proposed system is if the champions put in every week were put in at random some might never come around and if the champions put in every week were by release date like how they are adding new 5 stars into the basic crystals now there is an obvious batch people would be waiting for( The one with Gp, DV, Hyperion, GR, etc) basically the champs people are waiting to be added to the basic pool now. If people just waited around for good batches the game would become much less competitive as most would go for the same batch and all have very similar rosters there would actually be less 5* diversity than you think. The whole point of this game is to progress and grow your roster to meet certain challenges, this is a game that you have to play for months and years to reach end game progress and getting only desireable 5 stars would almost remove that sense of progress since you would be pulling what you need much more frequently and completing content without putting in the grind you need to now.
    Sungj wrote: »
    If it takes you 4 months to form a 5* you just need to take time and progress your roster so you can play at a higher level and obtain more 5 stars. Its not unreasonable for people to get bad champions out of the crystals sure it sucks but its all part of the game. The problem with your proposed system is if the champions put in every week were put in at random some might never come around and if the champions put in every week were by release date like how they are adding new 5 stars into the basic crystals now there is an obvious batch people would be waiting for( The one with Gp, DV, Hyperion, GR, etc) basically the champs people are waiting to be added to the basic pool now. If people just waited around for good batches the game would become much less competitive as most would go for the same batch and all have very similar rosters there would actually be less 5* diversity than you think. The whole point of this game is to progress and grow your roster to meet certain challenges, this is a game that you have to play for months and years to reach end game progress and getting only desireable 5 stars would almost remove that sense of progress since you would be pulling what you need much more frequently and completing content without putting in the grind you need to now.

But there's less and less of a chance of duping someone you want the more champs they add. With four stars, there's arenas and more crystals, leading to more opportunities to get who you want. With five stars, this crystal is all you can get. Having complete randomness shouldn't be the ONLY way to get a certain champ. There has to some kind of indirect control on who you get, just like there is in the four star arenas. There's no five star arena, so it's all luck. That shouldn't be the case.
    Again, I'd be fine if the pool was enlarged to 30, but there has to be a limit. They're just going to keep adding on, and it'll be chaos trying to duplicate someone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's an idea. So is accepting whatever comes. Lol. ;)
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    they just need to make five star shards purchasable on a daily basis
    Apache wrote: »
    (I saw someone use this GIF once, and I just had to use it here)
    9n1s1l34ejj0.gif
    It's an idea. So is accepting whatever comes. Lol. ;)

So you think it's a bad idea. Got it.
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    9n1s1l34ejj0.gif

I think its an ex-forumer who got banned, Crusher of Dreams
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    9n1s1l34ejj0.gif

why? would your world crumble if they made them purchasable
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    If you cannot explain "simple" idea in few sentence, it's not that "simple" anymore...

Sorry I did not read the whole thing.... Too long.
    9n1s1l34ejj0.gif

why? would your world crumble if they made them purchasable

Spenders would own the game with no competition at all. Not that they shouldn't be able to get an advantage, but there needs to be some competition between free players and spenders.
    Spirit wrote: »
    9n1s1l34ejj0.gif

I think its an ex-forumer who got banned, Crusher of Dreams

Him and another guy I think.
  • Hello kabam,
    I would like to request bringing in hero trading. I would like to see in the game where we get a chance to swap heroes with other memebers. I hope you will take this into consideration.
    Thank you
    Hello kabam,
    I would like to request bringing in hero trading. I would like to see in the game where we get a chance to swap heroes with other memebers. I hope you will take this into consideration.
    Thank you

This has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Please create your own thread instead of taking over mine.
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    If you cannot explain "simple" idea in few sentence, it's not that "simple" anymore...

Sorry I did not read the whole thing.... Too long.

Then don't comment.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Ok I read most but it was quite the wall.

Apologies if this is what you meant but it's not how it came across.
    But I'd say having all the champs separated into 4 pools that rotate would be a good option, but each pool is set with no randomness to it.

Example, if you want to try and dupe your SL, you gotta wait for set 3, if you want anything except Luke cage then don't open a set 2 crystal.
    Ok I read most but it was quite the wall.

Apologies if this is what you meant but it's not how it came across.
    But I'd say having all the champs separated into 4 pools that rotate would be a good option, but each pool is set with no randomness to it.

Example, if you want to try and dupe your SL, you gotta wait for set 3, if you want anything except Luke cage then don't open a set 2 crystal.

I didn't mean that, but I think it would work just as well, if not better. I mean, Kabam could always do the random pool and change it up if it's incredibly under/overwhelmingly one-sided on whether the champs are good or bad, but this would be a good option as well. Thanks for the input.
  • Jlemos818Jlemos818 Posts: 83
    Too long to read
    Jlemos818 wrote: »
    Too long to read

But you still commented?
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Jlemos818 wrote: »
    Too long to read

But you still commented?

Welcome to the club… buddy… word of advice make friend here with less dramatic ideas first… learned that the hard way
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The pool had to expand its just natural progression of the game I agree its harder to awaken champions now out of the crystals but 5 star awakening gems are becoming more available to slowly make up for it. Last year you had to spend 10K units on a deal to get a 5 star awakening gem crystal but this year it was attached to an odins which is much better. I know alot of people don't spend but with the rest of act 5 coming out this year most likely there will be awakening gems attatched to that as well. This is a game you have to take slowly it might very well take you a year to awaken a certain champion and thats just how it is any other system would either un balance the game more make it stagnant
    The pool had to expand its just natural progression of the game I agree its harder to awaken champions now out of the crystals but 5 star awakening gems are becoming more available to slowly make up for it. Last year you had to spend 10K units on a deal to get a 5 star awakening gem crystal but this year it was attached to an odins which is much better. I know alot of people don't spend but with the rest of act 5 coming out this year most likely there will be awakening gems attatched to that as well. This is a game you have to take slowly it might very well take you a year to awaken a certain champion and thats just how it is any other system would either un balance the game more make it stagnant

So because we can get at most two awakening gems from Act 5, it's okay to make getting someone we want nearly impossible?
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★

So because we can get at most two awakening gems from Act 5, it's okay to make getting someone we want nearly impossible?

Hmm... and how long have you been playing? In this game, you will never get what you really want/need... no matter how hard you try, if the system doesn't want to give it to you, it doesn't matter how hard you work or how much you spent, it's just not going to happen. So either accept the reality or continue to be frustrated. Welcome to mcoc !
    Immortal wrote: »

Hmm... and how long have you been playing? In this game, you will never get what you really want/need... no matter how hard you try, if the system doesn't want to give it to you, it doesn't matter how hard you work or how much you spent, it's just not going to happen. So either accept the reality or continue to be frustrated. Welcome to mcoc !

So because Kabam screwed things up before, they shouldn't try and do things right now? That's kinda twisted.