**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War Rewards are so low

Comments

• Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    we've been top 100 Gold1. The alliances at the bottom of Gold 1 are nowhere near the level we are, but still get the same (with RNG even better) than we get.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    we've been top 100 Gold1. The alliances at the bottom of Gold 1 are nowhere near the level we are, but still get the same (with RNG even better) than we get.

If you're top 100... why are you having to put in so much effort?

I mean, I agree the RNG needs a major overhaul, but from the sound if it, y'all could probably put in very little effort and still remain in Gold 1.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    I think the space to make gold 1 (1500) alliances is too much. It's a wide gap imo. We rank about 600 with no stress at all.

Maybe a nice break down would be.

MR1
    MR2
    MR3
    Master - 20
    Plat 1 - 50
    Plat 2 - 100
    Plat 3 - 300
    Gold 1 - 1000
    Gold 2 - 2000
    Gold 3 - 3000
    Silver 1 - 4000
    Silver 2 - 5000
    Silver 3 - 6000
    Bronze 1 - 7000
    Bronze 2 - 10000
    Bronze 3 - 20000
    Stone 1 - 30000
    Stone 2 - 40000
    Stone 3 - 50000
    Participation - 9999999
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    If the rewards are so poor and not worth the effort put into it then dont do AW, simple solution. Just concentrate poor on AQ.

Thanks for that. If only we had realized we could just not do it! Some of us like war and would like it to be better. So we are offering feedback.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    If the rewards are so poor and not worth the effort put into it then dont do AW, simple solution. Just concentrate poor on AQ.

Thanks for that. If only we had realized we could just not do it! Some of us like war and would like it to be better. So we are offering feedback.

Quiet you.

Quit trying to be all "logical" and "constructive". There's no room for that in here. We are a ranting and passive aggressive forum.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    yes. for all the stress staying awake boosts straining neck n eyes keeping the poor thumb busy the rewards are really too paltry. better to put that labour in AQ n chill out.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    IceSnow wrote: »
    Thats so hurt when you finish Plat 2 bracket and get this **** after 1 month hard work !!!

Thanks Kabam

npb0qt9p6chc.png

Not add salt on your wounds but...

Im in a gold 1 allaince... top 600

And I got 19k t2a, and 3k 5tb

just food for thought
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Finished Plat 3 the last two seasons.

Season 6: 27k T2A & 5k T5B
    Season 7: 13k T2A & 5k T5B

Putting that level of RNG on the end of a month's worth of hard work is just plain stupid. Practices like this are why the mobile gaming community is widely criticized and seen as manipulative.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    It also seems very weird to give members of the same alliance different rewards in the end. We all work together as a team, everyone should get the same, fixed rewards.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »

I mean, I agree the RNG needs a major overhaul, but from the sound if it, y'all could probably put in very little effort and still remain in Gold 1.

I disagree. Top 100 gold 1 is just one oops, or a bad break away from p3. My alliance lost 3 wars to alliances that got docked mid season, all by less than 3 attack bonus. Had we gotten the victory points we’d have been firmly in p3 and would have gotten marginally better rewards that almost make it worthwhile.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don't even care that much about the RNG on the t2 alphas. War is supposed to be the "go to" place for t5 basics. I got more T5 Basic shards from the Occult Labs than from Plat 2.

It's not much effort, but It's the RNG that's the issue. There should be no RNG for this.

I disagree. Top 100 gold 1 is just one oops, or a bad break away from p3. My alliance lost 3 wars to alliances that got docked mid season, all by less than 3 attack bonus. Had we gotten the victory points we’d have been firmly in p3 and would have gotten marginally better rewards that almost make it worthwhile.

This. We had 2 wars where the connection issues cost attack bonuses. we lost by less than those attack bonuses
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    I don't think there goal was to be Gold 1. Probably trying for platinum 3.

Gold 1 is way too big a grouping to get all the same rewards. Imagine if Masters, Plat 1, 2 and 3 all got the same rewards and that is less alliances than in Gold 1.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    War rewards ain’t necessarily terrible, could do with the 5 and 6* shards maybe get a 10/20% increase but even without it theyre fine.

Its just the war seasons crystals are abysmal, hiding behind RNG is going to force people away from wars in future unless it changes. Someone finishing in gold 1 could potentially get better rewards than someone in plat 2/3. I actually got better rewards on my alt from gold 2 seasons crystals than plat 3 on my main.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Hahaha, I knew it! Stinky rng for t2a payout and then the tier 2 alpha catalyst cache offers pop up!

Big mistake, KBM!!! Not buying it. At all!!!!
  • Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    I got 26k Frag and 3k basic from GOLD1.
  • Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    Just pop them all
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    I don't think anyone would disagree that obviously Master and the 3 Plat ranks are harder to obtain but the problem is the rewards do not scale right through all of them when you compare the decrease each level of 6*, 5* shards and the t2a and t5b.

I get Masters is the best of the best but Masters getting a fully formed t2a for example and Gold 1 getting 4500 shards is a bit low. 6 times as much and then they get 18 time as much t5b not including the war crytals which can be good or bad.

Point is those 2 items are most important and they don't scale down like the rest of rewards do properly.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    ian5555 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would disagree that obviously Master and the 3 Plat ranks are harder to obtain but the problem is the rewards do not scale right through all of them when you compare the decrease each level of 6*, 5* shards and the t2a and t5b.

I get Masters is the best of the best but Masters getting a fully formed t2a for example and Gold 1 getting 4500 shards is a bit low. 6 times as much and then they get 18 time as much t5b not including the war crytals which can be good or bad.

Point is those 2 items are most important and they don't scale down like the rest of rewards do properly.

You're right they don't scale well at all. Master is definitely more than 18 times harder than gold 1. Rewards for master should be increased by x50 that of gold 1.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I could sleep through an entire gold 1 season, never boost, and basically coast like I do in EQ. I don't think they're scaled too far towards the top at all. A season in master - even P3 drains a ton of resources typically unless you're running edge paths maybe.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I completely agree the season crystals need a big rework but the static rewards definitely aren't unbalanced to any significant degree
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    If the rewards are not worth the effort, don't put in that effort. Focus it elsewhere
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Rng is just stupid with the crystals I have gotten the minimum amount from the past 4 seasons don’t even know the odds of that
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

You're right they don't scale well at all. Master is definitely more than 18 times harder than gold 1. Rewards for master should be increased by x50 that of gold 1.

I don't think the rewards should "scale" in this way because that's not how rewards should work in this type of competition, but when this came up the last time I calculated that someone doing a straight forward calculation for rewards would find Gold 1 is too high, not to low, relative to master rewards. There are twenty master alliances and Gold 1 requires only getting into the top 1500 alliances (Gold 1 represents the bottom 1200 of the top 1500 alliances). That means the master alliances represent the top 1/75th of all Gold 1 and higher alliances. You could argue their rewards should be 75 times higher, if you were only considering rank effort vs rewards.

To repeat: I don't agree this is the proper way to set the rewards. Only that someone claiming Gold 1 should be increased due to the comparison between Gold 1 and Master level effort vs reward is probably shooting themselves in their own foot.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

I don't think the rewards should "scale" in this way because that's not how rewards should work in this type of competition, but when this came up the last time I calculated that someone doing a straight forward calculation for rewards would find Gold 1 is too high, not to low, relative to master rewards. There are twenty master alliances and Gold 1 requires only getting into the top 1500 alliances (Gold 1 represents the bottom 1200 of the top 1500 alliances). That means the master alliances represent the top 1/75th of all Gold 1 and higher alliances. You could argue their rewards should be 75 times higher, if you were only considering rank effort vs rewards.

To repeat: I don't agree this is the proper way to set the rewards. Only that someone claiming Gold 1 should be increased due to the comparison between Gold 1 and Master level effort vs reward is probably shooting themselves in their own foot.

You and I agree. I was being facetious using the same logic as the person I quoted to reverse his argument.