**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone else notice the Darkness boost not reversing healing in the Trials of the Alchemist?

I had a few of the Trial boosts saved so I could clear the 2nd toughest difficulty and still be able to at least try the toughest difficulty and have a shot at clearing it. Those boosts aren't long enough to clear both modes (for me).

My first fight in the toughest difficulty: Sabretooth.

My thought: With the Darkness buff, he's going to be pretty straightforward. Don't get bled, let him arc overload and regen himself down in health and toss on extra damage until he's dead.

Imagine my chagrin when I start seeing green regen ticks with no red ticks showing a reversal of healing...

Then there were a few fights where character regen wasn't a buff I had to worry about. For a couple of the fights, I don't remember seeing arc overload proc for the defender, so I assumed darkness was working.

Then... Miles Morales and Stark Spidey...

I thought I was hallucinating with Miles. I thought I saw some green and didn't see any offsetting red on an arc overload... and then I was really watching for Stark Spidey... After Starky gained health through two full arc overloads and was getting healed 1k-2k per tick, I questioned if my darkness buff ran out... and when I started screen recording the rest of my fights through that level I checked to verify darkness was still active... and it was active...

If it's active, how do any champs gain any health?

So... should I be screen recording 100% of boss fights and heavily buffed special event fights? Because I'm getting to the point where I feel like I have to...

Anyone else notice the Darkness boost not reversing healing in the Trials of the Alchemist?

Comments

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Correction... I noticed the Starky Spidey arc overload regen and then started recording my Miles fight. I have video recordings of multiple times in the Miles fight where healing was just happening... There are also times during the fight where it is very clear that healing is reversed because there is a bunch of red damage and no green, but there are also times where it's just just greens, greens, greens,

Same with my Diablo... plenty of times his regen potions are just regen'ing him... all while the darkness boost should be reversing any healing...

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The boost works ... it just isn't active the whole fight. You can see a spectre debuff applied on the enemy, as well as a timer when it's on cooldown.
    There is already a ton of threads about this. You could find the answer in almost every one of them
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    The boost works ... it just isn't active the whole fight. You can see a spectre debuff applied on the enemy, as well as a timer when it's on cooldown.
    There is already a ton of threads about this. You could find the answer in almost every one of them

There were 3 of them yesterday along with the 8-10 that popped up every time the Trial of the Alchemist day came around.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

Well, you can find people explaining what happens in everyone of them, but I've yet to find one that actually has an answer from Kabam on whether they'd intended to severely gimp the boost like this.

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    FineDog wrote: »

Well, you can find people explaining what happens in everyone of them, but I've yet to find one that actually has an answer from Kabam on whether they'd intended to severely gimp the boost like this.

It's not the first time this boost is introduced, and this ability always worked this way
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    FineDog wrote: »

There was a response from Kabam about this issue https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/117654/can-someone-explain-to-me-why-essence-of-darkness-isnt-working#latest

wr7ogelcawpx.png
  • YeoYeo Posts: 12
    I'm confused, OP even said he has video recordings and still couldn't figure out the debuff timer on the oppenent/s. I don't fight blindly, I actually pay attention to buffs and debuffs, as I'm FTP. So I noticed the timer & debuff while actually fighting, it's actually kinda hard to miss. It's like "" ??Oh snap something is about to activate on my opponent??? What is it??? What should I do?? If i ignore this, i may die!!! Oh it's spectre!...""

And you even miss that in your videos too. Very confusing, I would die a million deaths if I failed to watch timers and debuffs on my opponents. Are there free potions & revives located somewhere that I'm missing out on? Cause that type of faceroll style gameplay sounds expensive.

Kabam shouldn't be apologising for this especially at the end of the event when it's been discussed so much and so much time has passed for oneself to discover it on his own.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I never noticed it because I never went in for Epic difficulty except in the first week. Master difficulty matches must've been over with before there were enough spectre cycles to notice regen consistently.

I compensate for trying to be FTP by not throwing myself into too difficult of content. I screw myself a little bit because I hate getting stuck being forced to burn items because I went too difficult on limited entry events. Give me a quest that I can work through and practice until I get it right. If I get one shot and that's it, I aim low to make sure I get rewards. This was the 2nd run through Epic I've tried.

For the record:

People need to take their condescending tone down about 20-30%... This game has increased in complexity over the last 4 years and the technical writing hasn't improved with that increase in complexity. Kabam uses some items in different parts of the game and they mean different things. From an informational standpoint, this game is a mess.