**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How on earth do I beat Emma Frost on Master Difficulty (EVENT QUEST)

wahlserbwahlserb Posts: 33
edited February 2019 in Strategy and Tips
In my 2 years of playing this game, never have I encountered a more unforgiving, aggressive and menacing enemy... ever. Her basic combos are for some reason incredibly unpredictable (than usual) and her SP1 is completely unblockable, you can’t even evade it. Her PI is a mere 8000 and she managed to take out my entire Maxed 4* team (All god tier, all dupped). She takes no damage and deals more damage than some AQ bosses who are waaaay higher PI then her.... What on earth can I possibly do to kill her?

Comments

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    You can evade her special 1.
  • wahlserbwahlserb Posts: 33
    How do i do so? Everytime I try it locks me into her daze animation. Also she is completely unparryable.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    You have to swipe forward to evade since it's inverse controls.
  • RisengawRisengaw Posts: 30
    You've been playing for 2 years and only have 4 stars? Oof that's rough, bring an armor break champ or practice sp1 evade.
    Lol no, in fact, so you reason with me, i beat the collector with an only 4* team and no revives. I’d consider myself relatively good. For some reason Emma is just absolutely demonic.
    @Risengaw no lol, again, have plenty of 5 stars, but considering my terrible luck, haven’t got any that are worth taking passed 2/5 or 3/5. So ideally my maxed 4*’s are my most effective champs.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    power control.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Her sp2 can be evaded, it's quite simple. Do you understand her sig ability and what it does to you?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    wahlserb wrote: »
    Lol no, in fact, so you reason with me, i beat the collector with an only 4* team and no revives. I’d consider myself relatively good. For some reason Emma is just absolutely demonic.

You beat the Collector with only 4* and no revives, yet Emma gives you a hard time? Something smells fishy.
    @Viper1987 i know it sounds ridiculous... i’m still im shock that Emma is giving me such a hard time. Guess i just haven’t dealt with inverted controls as much.
  • RisengawRisengaw Posts: 30
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    wahlserb wrote: »

You beat the Collector with only 4* and no revives, yet Emma gives you a hard time? Something smells fishy.

"I've elders bane with 3 stars only" :D:D:D
    @GluteusMaximus yeah i’ve taken down time with the game, don’t recall fighting her before for that event. Will try this tactic though, maybe im just panicking for no reason.
    Nevermind, just beat her lol, the whole swipe forward thing did the trick lol. This wasn’t a matter of lack of skill, it was just me being an idiot :/
    @GluteusMaximus thanks lol
  • dachiesidachiesi Posts: 26
    Wow yall are pretty nasty.

I've also found it quite tricky to evade her sp1. I think i've done it successfully 2-3 times ever. Honestly you can just about mash your way through 5.2 but stuff like this really raises the bar on how good you need to be.

I guess I'll try dueling her for a while but this game really is training you to be quite skilled even at the Master level.
  • Is very different trying to evade her unblockable SP1 in this month's quest (Master/Epic) that it was in her initial featured appearance monthly quest a while back (or otherwise now in AW, arena, etc)
    Some replying “it's reverse controls” doesn’t make evading her unblockable SP1 a simple task. Outside of this month's quest, it was rather easy to just reverse-control evade the 2nd and 3rd parts of her SP1. But in this case you have to be spot-on for what appears to be an initial mind-control portion too, which can be rather difficult to time it just right.

As to her Diamond form, use an Armor Breaker that doesn’t reply on breaking from Parry/Stun. Medussa is good choice, her Heavies cause Break which drops her out of Diamond form.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I can relate ... I've started playing ages ago (pre-masteries) . but took a couple years off as break. Came back about a year ago, Emma gives me a big headache. Fortunately, I've maxed out my 4* Vision (AoU), and I use him to handle her. Playing carefully, I can totally prevent her from ever getting a SP1 ... problem solved .. :)

and even if she does get it, vision is immune to the inverse controls ... so I just have to try to get her timing (which is very VERY tricky .. there are videos out there to help, search youtube .. ) ..

so really best options are:

1) practice like crazy to get used to her timing.
    2) practice like crazy to get used to the inverse controls (dumbest mechanic in the entire game, IMHO .. )
    3) Use Vision, Ultron, Magneto, or Juggernaut ... to avoid the inverse controls ..
    4) use Ghost with Hood synergy to be immune to damage while phased .. :)

Good luck!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Her L2 is occasionally tricky, but honestly her L1 isn’t hard at all once you learn u need to space yourself and get the timing down. Also, read abilities for a champ you’ve never played before. My noob self got kicked around by BPCW when he was released because I didn’t understand reflect stun, but now I can beat him with just about anyone.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    That's a small understanding of abilities for 2 years of playing..

For one, she takes less damage with her ice armor active. And you won't be able to parry her. You'll want an armor break champ to get rid of that.

As for her SP1, it most certainly is possible to evade, and something you'll want to get good at. The controls are just backwards to evade it. (Watch some videos on that).

Also, watch her modes. When she's in fury mode, try to avoid her a bit, and be careful for her SP1. This is when she'll throw it. When she's in defensive mode, just heavy attack her, she won't attack you. But keep her at 1 bar of power. It's easier to evade (with practice).