**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 21.3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    _tokio_ wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

I come with news. Maybe not great news, but I did say that I would update you all as soon as I had more information.

Our Update is still not ready for release on Google Play. We are working to get it up as soon as we can, and doing everything we can to expedite the process, but we don't believe that it will be released today.

We're hoping that it will be available to all Android users tomorrow. The Havok arena will not be affected, and users on the older version will still be able to grind that arena for Milestones, Rank Rewards, and Havok.

So Android Users will miss out on up to 200+ energy compared to iOS Users för this Event. Ill guess you guys wont extend it for one extra day. LOL

So whats the plan ? 3 refills and a tier3 potion to make us happy ? Guess what that wont do it ! You treat us like 2nd Class citizens and still expect getting our Money?

Edit
    Not spending a Single Dollar on the Game untill iOS and android Updates are on the same Page.

Why stop there. I haven't spent a dime since I don't know when. Too many lingering issues.

Just like when you are 2 spaces away and somehow the enemy slides 2 spaces during it's special and hits you even though you are out of range.
  • SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    Again with the late release on android? Wth? And how are we supposed to get to play the trial of the alchemist redo when it's not available??
  • erwiterwit Posts: 1
    Es una desgracia lo que hacen, si no esta lista en una plataforma, para que subir la otra ademas los usuarios de android no podremos ir por el titulo de LEYENDA ni hacer avance en supermision, es una falta de respeto a sus jugadores de verdad la. Desepcion total Kabam
  • SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    Thanks for update @Kabam Miike . I also feel there should be in game notifications for delays. Same mistake can't happen twice. Sounds like kabam deliberately delaying for Anroid users.
  • BiggusOmegaBiggusOmega Posts: 43
    The sad thing is it means Android users will get less time in Event Quest due to stuff like arena grinds and it's one less day before AQ starts and some of our best Champs go into that. It is poor form I'm afraid and you have to understand people's frustration. Some people put a lot of money into this game and even people who don't invest huge amounts of time. I feel that the update should be issued with at least a compensation package of a few full energy refills, but a bit extra like a few potions and revives may make the community less salty.
  • Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    I'm a android user, I use a Samsung galaxy s7. I do not have a rerun of the trials as promised to us android users, I figured this was a android user problem and was probably part of the same issue. Either way I'm hoping I'm not the only one and that something will be done about this.
  • _tokio_ wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    _tokio_ wrote: »
    MaatMan wrote: »
    Drake2078 wrote: »
    Can we please get a honest update from a moderator? And please don't try blame Google.

But it likely is google.
    My best guess would be ios update and google update were sent from kabam at pretty much the same time.
    My best guess would be that it is google that has failed to publish the update within the timeframe they normally would and the timeframe that kabam expect it would be done.
    I mean ios update has no issue, google has had same issue for two months now.
    It is very possible and very likely the problem lies within google.

You Upload your new APK to Google
    Update proceeds, takes a few hours
    Afterwards youll have a "Go live" Button to push the Update to the playstore. Takes a few minutes

It can take a few hours. But as apps must be approved by Google before being published to the Google Play store, it can take longer. It is not uncommon for updates to sometimes get hung up by up to several days in some circumstances.

Updates arent handle like new Releases. Just Google how the dev console för Google Play works and how devs have to push new Updates using It.

Or I can ask people I know that are app developers "so, what's the worst case scenario for getting updates through the system" and they can tell me the answer without me having to Google anything.

This has some advantages over reading the Google Play online help manual.
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    Ok, I have a question. If Google has the update, then why wont they release it? Seems to me that it would be much more beneficial to them to simply release it. Doesnt make sense for them to hold it.

It takes time for any update that is submitted to Process. There isn't any malicious intent here, and it's not like anybody is sitting back and saying that they purposely don't want to release something.
    So you try to tell us that kabam proceed the update in Time and after you marked it as ready to Go live it takes way more time then expected. And this happens for 2 Updates in a row...

Also dodgeing the question how kabam wants to Deal with the lost Time aka energy for android users.
  • LilcaineLilcaine Posts: 131
    Hey everybody,

I come with news. Maybe not great news, but I did say that I would update you all as soon as I had more information.

Our Update is still not ready for release on Google Play. We are working to get it up as soon as we can, and doing everything we can to expedite the process, but we don't believe that it will be released today.

We're hoping that it will be available to all Android users tomorrow. The Havok arena will not be affected, and users on the older version will still be able to grind that arena for Milestones, Rank Rewards, and Havok.

I agree with most of these post thanks for telling us but I need something better way better then energy refills and potions to make up for the time that I have lost .... with that said there's a lot of us that want one thing but not allowed to say it plz give us it
  • @Kabam Miike

Will there be compensation. This a big FAIL on Kabam"s part.
  • Stevem1966Stevem1966 Posts: 3
    And I was about to commend kabam on taking responsibility for the situation. Instead it goes back to excuses and someone else's fault. Never the sign of a team that you want working for you. This isn't the first kabam game I played, and the same lack of responsibility ran rampant in Kingdoms of Camelot. It is not Mike's fault. But one day I do hope that Kabam looks in the mirror and sees their opportunities. They would never accept this level of performance from a company providing services to them. So.... why should we?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    What I find frustrating is that these "announcements" are buried on page 8 in a forum thread.

Nothing is sent out in-game, nothing is posted in an easy to find location. Unless we scroll through every thread looking for the orange text, most of this stuff simply disappears into the ether.

Ironically 10min after I posted this, MCOC Infobot on Line posted a screenshot of Miike's announcement. Lol
  • LilcaineLilcaine Posts: 131
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    So just shut the game down until you can get IOS and android on 21.3 and compensate android users for the hours they have already lost. That's the only way to be fair about it. I've seen different moderators say that things are done for the balance of the game so it's time to step up and balance it so that IOS and android are on the same page and being treated the same.

Yes that's a good idea but then it's not fair over all cause some of us r grinding the arenas
  • UnevenZeroUnevenZero Posts: 13
    What I find frustrating is that these "announcements" are buried on page 8 in a forum thread.

Nothing is sent out in-game, nothing is posted in an easy to find location. Unless we scroll through every thread looking for the orange text, most of this stuff simply disappears into the ether.

@Kabam Miike this is a great point, why was there a giant banner last time informing everyone and this time nothing but a post buried in another thread?
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    edited February 2019

And yet they get annoyed that there are multitudes of new threads asking the same question. All of that could be avoided if they were better at communicating their message to everyone at once in a pinned thread.
  • JediKnight93JediKnight93 Posts: 13
    Keep reporting the same thing over and over again by different Kabam employees...3 now?
  • UnevenZero wrote: »

@Kabam Miike this is a great point, why was there a giant banner last time informing everyone and this time nothing but a post buried in another thread?

Because I totally forgot to activate that. On it now.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    No I can't grind arena because I get stuck on check your connection message after every fight.
  • We should get a fully formed 5* crystal or a fully formed 6* crystal for this wait who's with me
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Sorry, I think I may have caused some confusion here. The update is with Google, but it is not ready for release to the Google Play store. This is not us holding it back, and don't want to hold it back. We want to get it out and Live as soon as possible.

Did Google just get the update a few minutes before this post?
  • HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    How does this affect any Android player who was planning a Legend run?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    HyzerBomb wrote: »

It doesn't
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    UnevenZero wrote: »

Because I totally forgot to activate that. On it now.

What time do you expect it to go live? I know you said not tonight for Western audience but in Asia, its already 9AM on 7th Feb so could we expect in the next few hours?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Sorry, I think I may have caused some confusion here. The update is with Google, but it is not ready for release to the Google Play store. This is not us holding it back, and don't want to hold it back. We want to get it out and Live as soon as possible.

This is more confusing then, since Google's play store says:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6334282?hl=en
    When you select timed publishing, your update needs to be processed before it can go live. Processing takes up to a few hours.

When your update is processed, you'll see a Go live button. When you select Go live, you'll make the update available on Google Play within a few minutes.

Tip: Timed publishing can be helpful if you want to publish an app update at a specific time for an ad campaign, launch event, or to coordinate a new APK release with changes to your app’s store listing or distribution.

So, are you guys not doing a Timed publishing?
  • HyzerBomb wrote: »

It shouldn't affect them at all! The Legends method has changed long ago. It's no longer the fastest to finish it from when the quest starts. You can read more about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program