Please note that when we enable the 1 Loyalty Cost for Revives in Alliance Wars for Season 34, they will not be visible from the screen that appears when you choose to Revive or Heal a Champion from the Fight Screen.

You will be able to purchase Revives from the Loyalty tab in the Store Menu.

Champion Spotlight - Havok

13

Comments

  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,671 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    EQ was easy ,.. but both the new champs seem real PITA for AW ....

    Agreed, but here's the thing for me: While certainly powerful, Havok shouldn't "break the game."

    I have not liked the direction of EQs recently, with relatively minor characters such as Darkhawk and Domino's kits and nodes being absolutely ridiculous compared with the source material.

    I've been gaming for a long time -- a really long time, tbh. I understand power creep and broken/OP characters, shifting metas and progression curves/difficulty.

    I know that Kabam needs to make money, as well.

    But it is better, to me, to do so without making monthly content not fun to play or releasing characters that are cheat codes -- I think you have agreed with me before about Domino being broken.

    To me, Havok is scaled appropriately and well. The EQ was easier, but that isn't the worst thing.

    Better this than Darkhawk, and the Aegon fight, among a few others we have seen lately
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    So, no good synergy for Cyclops.

    +100% armor break duration seems pretty good to me, relative to the benefit of most synergies.

    Not for me, it just means health regen if your opponent has the willpower mastery
  • JCBR wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    So, no good synergy for Cyclops.

    +100% armor break duration seems pretty good to me, relative to the benefit of most synergies.

    Not for me, it just means health regen if your opponent has the willpower mastery

    Quest champs typically don't have Willpower, you generally only face Willpower in Alliance War. That means this is mostly a concern for players bringing Cyclops on AW attack (synergies don't work on defense). Theoretically this has some effect in the arena as well, but for all practical purposes not really.
  • I hope he is God teir
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Any power drain/armor up champs can take care of him...
    A worthy opponent for Red Skull, finally.
    Armor up/power drain/class advantage.

    And, regarding his, no contact attack, does og DD will evade everything???
  • He does decent damage, even at rank 1.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfLrTaZpvPY

    p22dr125pnw5.png
  • hi everyone,in the game,contest of champions, you may know me as Jason Doe.i wish to know more on havok to see if he is a good match up against cyclops
  • BAGABAGA Posts: 2
    I have not seen a 5* Havoc anywhere in the reels after spinning out $100.00 worth of crystals. Drop rates have become all but non existent. I’ve been spending and monitoring crystals for years now. It’s hit a pathetic low. I’ve officially opened my last crystal.
  • Havok seems less dope then in the movies, but nobody really does

    (I love this game anyway)
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    6y68p470f3ek.jpg

    Just wanna make it clear. If opponent has Plasma Build Up Debuffs and it reaches 11 stack, it's gonna detonate to that small damage? Or is it multiple by 11 and will give 1848 energy damage?
    I know that each Plasma Build Up Debuff can inflict damage on the opponent once they got hit by Havok's heavy attack, but if they don't get hit by his heavy then the debuffs are just gonna detonate with miniscule damage which is, in this case for a 4-star R5 sig 99, at 168?

    'Cause I have seen Seatin's video that his Venom (has about 70% health) died instantly when the debuffs detonate. That's weird amount of damage even for a 6* Havok in Uncollected mode. Damage shouldn't scale that high.
    @Kabam Vydious Please help me out.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    6y68p470f3ek.jpg

    Just wanna make it clear. If opponent has Plasma Build Up Debuffs and it reaches 11 stack, it's gonna detonate to that small damage? Or is it multiple by 11 and will give 1848 energy damage?
    I know that each Plasma Build Up Debuff can inflict damage on the opponent once they got hit by Havok's heavy attack, but if they don't get hit by his heavy then the debuffs are just gonna detonate with miniscule damage which is, in this case for a 4-star R5 sig 99, at 168?

    'Cause I have seen Seatin's video that his Venom (has about 70% health) died instantly when the debuffs detonate. That's weird amount of damage even for a 6* Havok in Uncollected mode. Damage shouldn't scale that high.
    @Kabam Vydious Please help me out.

    Its per debuff . Pretty much unavoidable damage unless u have armor up
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 394 ★★★
    @Kabam Vydious Can we please get clarification regarding if passive armor up buffs are supposed to prevent plasma charge damage? Right now IMIW's passive armor ups do NOT stop plasma charge damage and it just seems like such a lame interaction. You've intended for armor up champs to counter Havok so for consistency and balance shouldn't that include passive and active armor buffs?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,929 ★★★★★
    Plasma Build Up - Debuff

    [*] When a Plasma Buildup is removed, it detonates causing 168 Energy Damage.
    If a Plasma Build Up is removed due to a Purify effect its Damage is increased to 448.

    Hi Vydious. Could you possibly give any clarity on what Purify means?

    Clearly it happens on Havok's SP3; but there are a lot of champs with different ways to 'shrug off' debuffs, none of which have ever been referred to as 'purifying' them - Agent Venom, Night Thrasher, Kingpin, King Groot, Skill Sentinel, etc. Even Masochism nodes - which (if any) of these count as 'Purify'?

    I'm particularly interested in Kingpin and Crossbones, who 'convert' debuffs rather than just shrugging them off; but also if AV's Tenacity gets punished, then presumably so does The Collector's...
  • @Kabam Vydious Can we please get clarification regarding if passive armor up buffs are supposed to prevent plasma charge damage? Right now IMIW's passive armor ups do NOT stop plasma charge damage and it just seems like such a lame interaction. You've intended for armor up champs to counter Havok so for consistency and balance shouldn't that include passive and active armor buffs?

    Only buffs. Passive armors shouldn't work
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 1,542 ★★★
    Anybody know how much he went for in the 3* arena?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,320 ★★★★
    The constant white dot is very hard on the eyes. Is there anyway to tone this down?

    Thanks!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    In Havok’s abilities page, the 5 prowess charges he gains from heavy attacks are descibed as “lasting until Havok’s next special attack ends.” This does not seem to function with his special 3, meaning he retains the 5 prowess charges after his speical 3 ends.

    Just looking to find out if this is intended or not.

    Here’s a short video of the 5 charges remaining after special 3 and not being consumed until he uses the special 2.

  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?

    Just wondering if anyone, including the mods has insight on this. If MODOK’s L1 does in fact work, it may entice me to rank him as I don’t have many Havok counters currently.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?

    Just wondering if anyone, including the mods has insight on this. If MODOK’s L1 does in fact work, it may entice me to rank him as I don’t have many Havok counters currently.

    I suspect MODOK's SP1 doesn't count because it doesn't actually drain, but it would be interesting if it did. That would seem to imply that anything with petrify would also work, like Void and CapIW.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?

    Just wondering if anyone, including the mods has insight on this. If MODOK’s L1 does in fact work, it may entice me to rank him as I don’t have many Havok counters currently.

    I suspect MODOK's SP1 doesn't count because it doesn't actually drain, but it would be interesting if it did. That would seem to imply that anything with petrify would also work, like Void and CapIW.

    That’s a fair point, I guess I didn’t think of that. I guess when I get to him in heroic, I can just bring my little 4* R1 out and test it, but now that you mention it, I have a feeling you may be right.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?

    Just wondering if anyone, including the mods has insight on this. If MODOK’s L1 does in fact work, it may entice me to rank him as I don’t have many Havok counters currently.

    I suspect MODOK's SP1 doesn't count because it doesn't actually drain, but it would be interesting if it did. That would seem to imply that anything with petrify would also work, like Void and CapIW.

    That’s a fair point, I guess I didn’t think of that. I guess when I get to him in heroic, I can just bring my little 4* R1 out and test it, but now that you mention it, I have a feeling you may be right.
    Save the team slot, dueled a modok with havok his l1 didnt drop havok’s charges. Modok’s l1 is a reversal (modification of power rate) and not a power drain.

  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What about MODOK’s L1? Does thatcount as a power drain to remove his plasma charges?

    Just wondering if anyone, including the mods has insight on this. If MODOK’s L1 does in fact work, it may entice me to rank him as I don’t have many Havok counters currently.

    I suspect MODOK's SP1 doesn't count because it doesn't actually drain, but it would be interesting if it did. That would seem to imply that anything with petrify would also work, like Void and CapIW.

    That’s a fair point, I guess I didn’t think of that. I guess when I get to him in heroic, I can just bring my little 4* R1 out and test it, but now that you mention it, I have a feeling you may be right.
    Save the team slot, dueled a modok with havok his l1 didnt drop havok’s charges. Modok’s l1 is a reversal (modification of power rate) and not a power drain.

    Makes sense. I appreciate the test.
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 248 ★★★
    Why are passive armor ups not preventing the plasma build up damage?
    Where is the logic to that???
  • joke1004 wrote: »
    Why are passive armor ups not preventing the plasma build up damage?
    Where is the logic to that???

    Cause it only works with buffs, like it's described
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 394 ★★★
    joke1004 wrote: »
    Why are passive armor ups not preventing the plasma build up damage?
    Where is the logic to that???

    Kabam logic unfortunately, I agree that both active and passive armor ups should count for countering Havok, hopefully they change it. If the general idea is for techs with armor up being able to fight Havok better than it doesn't really make much sense to leave out champs with passive armor ups.
  • DRob74DRob74 Posts: 92
    Signature Ability: Plasma Amplification - Passive
    Havok’s powers have massive potential, but their tendency to surge suddenly threatens to overwhelm his control.
    • Each time Havok gains a Plasma Charge, from any source other than this ability he has a 50% chance to gain another one.

    Looking for some clarity with his sig ability. When you say anytime he gains a plasma charge from any source other than this ability...are you meaning other than his normal timer? Please clarify when you can. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra
    Wondering if Havok's Plasma Build ups will count for Diss Track in AQ when that comes back around. I know this is listed as a debuff but I want to be 100% sure as I thought Omega's spores would have counted but they definitely do not.
Sign In or Register to comment.