**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aspect of War and Hyperion

mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
Kabam is having a laugh right now. Fun fight right there

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,163 ★★★★★
    Magic is good counter
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    its first fight on path so there is no problem to just try it again and again until it goes right way... it sure would be much worse if he was last enemy before boss
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Magic is good counter

Wait what. Magik??? Woah hold on. She has power control abilities...just kidding

No she's not a very good option because Hyperion basically gains power at a rate that makes him completely unstoppable throughout the whole fight. You cant even get a hit in unless you intercept the dashes and what not and once you get to that sp2 by then Hyperion is completely unblockable.

I can see how magik with mystic dispersion would work.

But I did have fun with this fight a little while and that I'd argue that it's the second or third hardest fight this month.

Just used magik 5/65 with md
    No problem
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    You need to control his power or practice intercepts. He's the first fight so not a big deal to back out if you lose.

Dormamu, Vision, Psylocke, Magik, Void (with some decent RNG), Hood, Hawkeye, Luke Cage are all great options. Killmonger, Doctor Strange, Iceman, Modok could also do it.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,163 ★★★★★
    I’m hav videos of it and that with out Md Magik is asbulete a counter to it.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Mephisto's Soul Entrapment prevents triggering Power Gain buffs for 15 seconds. He still gains Cosmic Charges, so be careful for the extra damage. Make sure that you get a lot of Aura of Incineration buffs, so you gain power. Symbiote Supreme synergy and his sig helps gaining AoI buffs. When he has two bars, use the SP3 to drain it till zero and gain a permanent AoI buff. This can happen only once a fight, so make it count.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

no you misunderstood me, I said she's not a very good counter. yes she can counter him but you have to get to the point where you get the sp2 to lock him down. from there it's an easy fight but it's getting there that's tough is all.

and im not really complaining about this fight at all. it's as people said, it's the first fight on the board, but im not having a problem with him using ghost rider even. it's an interesting node to apply hyperion to, much like oscillate - and am just waiting for kabam to implement these nodes in war.

no you misunderstood me, I said she's not a very good counter. yes she can counter him but you have to get to the point where you get the sp2 to lock him down. from there it's an easy fight but it's getting there that's tough is all.

and im not really complaining about this fight at all. it's as people said, it's the first fight on the board, but im not having a problem with him using ghost rider even. it's an interesting node to apply hyperion to, much like oscillate - and am just waiting for kabam to implement these nodes in war.

Remember, intercepting heavy removes the unstoppable
    And if you notice, Hyperion tends to use a heavy after a special if the opponent is blocking. It's how I got to sp2 with Magik safely
  • how do i get through I used a lot of stocks already at zero, how next? it is not possible to kill (((where else can I take it !? complete nonsense
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I did not control his power or intercept, well the times I tried to intercept it did not clear his unstoppable. I used the hood and domino, only had an issue once.

the only problem I ran into is that stagger did not prevent his buffs fro some reason like it normally would.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    There is a cheese tactic for burden of might most people don’t know of
    how do i get through I used a lot of stocks already at zero, how next? it is not possible to kill (((where else can I take it !? complete nonsense

Use archangel next time if you have him or a champ that doesn't crit like crossbones
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 wrote: »

Either say what it is or don't post lmao. Is this a brag post? I know something that could help but I'm not going to say what it is? Lmao. Anyway, Magik is great for this fight but it takes timing and a little luck. I only have 2 points in mystic D right now which really isn't enough. Every time I beat him it was an easy fight but I did quit and restart several times when it didn't go well.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Magic is good counter

Wait what. Magik??? Woah hold on. She has power control abilities...just kidding

No she's not a very good option because Hyperion basically gains power at a rate that makes him completely unstoppable throughout the whole fight. You cant even get a hit in unless you intercept the dashes and what not and once you get to that sp2 by then Hyperion is completely unblockable.

I can see how magik with mystic dispersion would work.

But I did have fun with this fight a little while and that I'd argue that it's the second or third hardest fight this month.

I used a 4* Magik. It was difficult, but far from unmanageable. Ended the fight above 50% HP.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    1) Hold block to bait Hyperion’s basic attacks when he’s not unstoppable. Parry after his 1st strike, if you can’t wait for him to use his heavy attack then evade and intercept or counter.

2) Hyperion’s AI can be unpredictable, sometimes he turtles sometimes he’s aggressive. If your intercepts are off wait for unstoppable to wear off then repeat the above strategy. When Hyperion goes unblockable evade his dash attacks early then counter-attack before he continues his attack (shallow evade intercept). This takes practice but works for all Aspect of War fights excluding certain champs who remain at a distance after using their dash attack such as Heimdall.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Captain America Infinity War wrecked him
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Lvernon15 wrote: »

Either say what it is or don't post lmao. Is this a brag post? I know something that could help but I'm not going to say what it is? Lmao. Anyway, Magik is great for this fight but it takes timing and a little luck. I only have 2 points in mystic D right now which really isn't enough. Every time I beat him it was an easy fight but I did quit and restart several times when it didn't go well.

I'm not sure if this is what he's referring to, but just search unofficial kabam miike on YouTube, and look for his mr sinister one shot with ronan
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Spark.. taunt.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Spark.. taunt.

Quite honestly bad advice. You need to prevent Hyperion from launching specials at all or he goes unstoppable, or do you not know what aspect of war is. So why do you want to encourage him into using more specials.

I used ghost Rider every time and played the aspect of war intercept game. Minimal issues.