**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

fighting domino question

Quick question: when fighting domino, I know that you have to fight her like you fight yondu, as in, you need distance because you can only parry her medium attack. Using this strategy, can a parry fail due to domino's abilities? If that's the case, wouldn't the best way to fight domino be to still get distance, but after she throws her medium attack, go in with a light attack? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 154
    I really suck at fighting her, so some good advice would be helpful :)
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    You can parry her light
  • RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 154
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    You can parry her light

No you can't. It's a projectile. NEXT!
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Yes, parry can fail. What you are describing is the standard way of fighting domino: baiting out a medium, then attacking during the pause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLtWgDxmkw
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    RKO_me wrote: »
    Quick question: when fighting domino, I know that you have to fight her like you fight yondu, as in, you need distance because you can only parry her medium attack. Using this strategy, can a parry fail due to domino's abilities? If that's the case, wouldn't the best way to fight domino be to still get distance, but after she throws her medium attack, go in with a light attack? Thanks for the help.

Yes, she’s got a 15% chance to avoid your ability to success.
    And in my experience 15% for Kabam is close to 90% for normal statistic.

I’d like to tell you this “funny” thing that happened to me last week abiut Kabam’s 15% AAR:
    I was running a duel to prepare myself for the Domino I was about to face in AW, so it is Ghost against Domino. I swipe back at the start of the fight in order to trigger phasing (100% - 15% = 85%). Result: no phasing, critical failure, 5 hits combo in the face.
    After that “unlucky” figh I go for the AW Domino. Guess what? Fight starts, swipe back, no phasing, critical failure. At least I was lucky that she didn’t hit me, but that’s how 15% AAR works.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I find that baiting her heavies is the most effective method. That and her easily evadable sp2.
    simolaz wrote: »
    RKO_me wrote: »

Yes, she’s got a 15% chance to avoid your ability to success.
    And in my experience 15% for Kabam is close to 90% for normal statistic.

I’d like to tell you this “funny” thing that happened to me last week abiut Kabam’s 15% AAR:
    I was running a duel to prepare myself for the Domino I was about to face in AW, so it is Ghost against Domino. I swipe back at the start of the fight in order to trigger phasing (100% - 15% = 85%). Result: no phasing, critical failure, 5 hits combo in the face.
    After that “unlucky” figh I go for the AW Domino. Guess what? Fight starts, swipe back, no phasing, critical failure. At least I was lucky that she didn’t hit me, but that’s how 15% AAR works.

@simolaz That's not how 15% aar works...? How's that supposed to make sense? That could happen 10/10 times and you still wouldn't have any rational reason to doubt the 15%.
    This is almost as stupid as people opening 15 5* basics to analyze the drop rate for "god tier" champs.

And I also assume that nobody thought you to laugh sometimes, mr. Iamsmarterthanyou...
    edited February 2019
    @UmbertoDelRio never heard about Murphy’s law?
    @simolaz So your comment was meant to be a joke? Didn't really look that way.

And what exactly does murphys law have to do with this? Mentioning schroedingers cat would have been equally substantial, when talking stochastic, but at least it would have been somewhat scientific.

Nevermind, it seems like you’re that kind of guy who likes to argue with whatever people say, and arguing about how probability works wasn’t certainly my point. I just wanted to tell my funny recent story about Domino’s 15% AAR, because that was the topic of this post.
    I understand it wasn’t funny for you, and I accept it. I am sorry for that. Now I guess we can move on.