**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom not canceling evade on Spider-Man Miles Morales [Merged Threads]

2»

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    I remember Widow always having problems preventing Miles from evading also, so obviously his evade is different from OG Spidey. Probably as mentioned because Miles has a stack count of potential evades (and Gwen is an active buff after SP1 allowing her to evade), so probably they are NOT Passive Evades.

No it’s because venoms klyntar buff was removed allowing him to evade that’s why
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    I remember Widow always having problems preventing Miles from evading also, so obviously his evade is different from OG Spidey. Probably as mentioned because Miles has a stack count of potential evades (and Gwen is an active buff after SP1 allowing her to evade), so probably they are NOT Passive Evades.

Used to.

Miles and others evades have been changed since then
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    edited February 2019
    Never looked at it that way. That's dissappointing. Now that I read his description closer, he can only evade when the buff is up on spiderverse characters, and the buff isn't always up. Has a 9 second refresh. Assuming the "Klyntar Genetic Buff" and "Klyntar Buff" are the same thing.

Thought it was more like AV's and passive. Guess not.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Igu4n4 wrote: »
    Never looked at it that way. That's dissappointing. Now that I read his description closer, he can only evade when the buff is up on spiderverse characters, and the buff isn't always up. Has a 9 second refresh. Assuming the "Klyntar Genetic Buff" and "Klyntar Buff" are the same thing.

Thought it was more like AV's and passive. Guess not.

It refreshes immediately after it expires
  • Igu4n4Igu4n4 Posts: 31
    I meant it's not always up when its on buffet, because it gets stripped.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah the crippling counter to venom is buffet. Take Quake or AA for those fights
  • Miles Morales completely avoid what in the Venom of attack

• Is this a bug?
  • S0nicS0undS0nicS0und Posts: 9
    I've been playing around with 5* Venom for a while now, and just noticed that he doesn't counter SM Miles Morales's passive evade charges anymore after the new update.
    Tested in 3.1 Uncollected Xenoclast quest. I'm playing on Samsung Neo 5.
    Hope this helps to fix him.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    As countless others have mentioned, you were on buffet node, which ate up venom's klyntar buff...... WIthout the klyntar buff, venom will NOT bypass spider-verse evade.
  • S0nicS0undS0nicS0und Posts: 9
    I see now, forgot klyntar goes off like a normal buff, somehow i thought it shouldn't, my bad.
    Case closed i suppose.
    Thanks lads
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Ahh derp on my part too.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    This is like the 8th thread about this same topic. In fact, other threads on the same topic are on the same page. Here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/121496/venom-broken-in-v21-3#latest
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    There are already like 10 threads on this. 3x of them in this same page.

Not a bug. Buffet node.
    You do not have the klyntar buff
  • Eternity0Eternity0 Posts: 106 ★★
    On this month's patch i found that spider-man ( classic), Spider man mile morales all evading Venom but the description of venom says it shouldn't -_-kzjfhewijujg.jpg
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Dude there are so many threads on this now. The Miles Morales has buffet so nullifies the Klyntar buff so he can evade venom
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    You don't meet the requirements to cancel his evade
  • I just fought the Miles Morales in the Havoc chapter of Uncollected with Venom. Since Venom's buff, Miles (or any other Spider-vers character) is not supposed to be able to evade when fighting Venom. However Miles in this quest is able to.
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    edited February 2019
    Also, is this the only way 90% of the player base deals with Spidey evades? I just recetly in last 2 weeks pulled a Venom. There are literally dozens of champs or techniques to deal with evade and people are losing their mind about this non-bug.
  • Hey there, as some have mentioned this is due to the Buffet node that is active during this particular fight. Venom can only ignore the Passive Evade effects of Spider-Verse heroes while his Klyntar Buff is active, but since it is a Buff, it can be removed by the Buffet node.
  • Thank you for the answer to question
    everyone^ ^
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Hey there, as some have mentioned this is due to the Buffet node that is active during this particular fight. Venom can only ignore the Passive Evade effects of Spider-Verse heroes while his Klyntar Buff is active, but since it is a Buff, it can be removed by the Buffet node.

Thanks for the explanation. Let me ask, are there any plans to change this to a passive ability for Venom then? Carnage and Venom both (though only Venom in the game) should be able to bypass “Spider-sense” which is effectively what these passive evades are.

This change was a huge aspect and benefit of Venom’s overhaul. It being neutered by a node seems a little awkward. I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.