**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncanny, Astonishing, and Amazing: What Mutant is your #1?

Hey there Summoners,

With this month’s event quest featuring a battle for the future of Mutants in the Battlerealm, we’ve had a lot of Mutants on our mind lately and we want to know: who are your favorite Mutants?

Are they X-Men, members of the Brotherhood of Mutants, or independent operators? What made you fall in love with them in the first place? Do you like them because of their powers or their personality? Did you first see them in the comics, on tv, in the movies, or in a video game? What stories or version of them has stuck with you throughout the years?

giphy.gif

For me, it has always been Wolverine! Since I was a kid I thought his powers were cool and I admired that he was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done. (Admittedly, doing “whatever it takes” is easier when you’ve got a powerful healing factor but that’s beside the point.) I loved reading his comics, seeing him in the cartoon, and he was always my go-to pick whenever I went to the arcade. As time has passed, I’ve also become pretty fond of the extended Wolverine family and love seeing how X-23 and Honey Badger have grown into their own.

So let us know, who do you think is the most marvelous Mutant?

Comments

• Apocalypse!

I have an affinity for villains. Always have :wink: P
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Quicksilver

edit: remember when Kabam realeased 1 F4 member? That’s right, it’s time for xmen lol
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I think it was Leech who took everyone's powers away. Loved the emotion he brought out in everyone.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Since X-Men was my #1 Marvel universe growing up, it’s really hard for me to pick which mutant is my #1. In no particular order, I like Gambit, Magneto, Cyclops, Havok, and Warpath. Honorable mentions go to Sabretooth and Nightcrawler.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Always been nightcrawler for me.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    A lot of my favorites are already in the game including Sabertooth and Iceman.

One mutant I would really like to see (if you can call him a mutant, but he exists in the X-men universe) is Sauron. An energy vampire character who was a half Pteradactyl man. Not making this up either real character lol, google it.

Other than that I would like to see Dazzler.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Jean grey
    I love that she's powerful but yet so kind and gentle. She's not one to start a fight.

Magneto
    I love his passion and understand his ideals. I love the fact that he loves all mutants and hates when they get hurt. Heck he hates it more when mutants are used to attack him and I feel that he also doesn't like battling the X-Men.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Wolverine and Cable. Both were/are awesome.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Was definitely Wolvie as well growing up but always had a thing for Apocalypse and Magneto on the villain side.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Since X-Men was my #1 Marvel universe growing up, it’s really hard for me to pick which mutant is my #1. In no particular order, I like Gambit, Magneto, Cyclops, Havok, and Warpath. Honorable mentions go to Sabretooth and Nightcrawler.

Good list! Nightcrawler was a close second for me actually. His powers were cool, but it was actually his personality and the way he always kept positive and upbeat that made me a fan of him.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    No good reason why but I always thought Longshot was awesome. Can’t remember if he was ever an official x-men, but he was definitely featured for a nice span. Though Wolverine was always my favorite.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Wolverine and Gambit were dope in the 90s cartoon, but I really liked Nightcrawler in X2
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    In-game, Domino, for Domino reasons ;)
    But generally, Wolverine and Magneto have been my favorites. I mean, Magneto ain’t exactly wrong...
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Wolverine and jubilee along with a handful of others are my favorite ones, but those two I always liked
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    SandeepS wrote: »
    I think it was Leech who took everyone's powers away. Loved the emotion he brought out in everyone.

Dammit! I thought I was going to be the first one to say this! 😭
    I would absolutely love to see Leech in MCOC.
    Passive:
    Mutant 'Cure'
    Increasing ability accuracy reduction upto 100% based on proximity to the opponent.
    Nullify any active buff, passive or otherwise when in striking distance of the opponent.
    This ability applies even when opponent is immune to ability accuracy reduction and nullify.
    Only affects other mutants.
    (this should apply to all mutant powers including Emma Frosts diamond form, Wolverines regen, Omega Reds death field etc)
    Sig ability:
    Leech gains a permanent 5% crit rate buff for the duration of the fight for every failed ability on the opponent caused by ability accuracy reduction.
    Leech gains a permanent 5% crit damage buff for the duration of the fight for every buff nullified on the opponent.
    Max stacks: 50
    Have him start with average base damage, and below average crit rate and crit damage rate.
    Please make this happen Kabam!!! 🙏😁
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    Pyro, still don’t understand why he isnt in game yet 🤔
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I always liked deadpool the best. While serious events are in the background, he'd be the guy to try and sell us snake oil. One of the reasons I hate x-men origins is because deadpool doesn't do anything, and taping his mouth shut didn't help anybody.
  • ParkerfloydParkerfloyd Posts: 12
    Its actually the villains, Apocalypse and Magneto for me.

Every superhero story gets far more interesting with deep-storied super-villains. And Apocalypse’s story is so deep... widely spans from Egypt age, to Cable’s home-future, 4 horsemen, time-travelling, collecting the Twelve.

Magneto is interesting because he’s never permanently a villain. His fight against Apocalypse in AoA is one of the epic battles in Marvel Comics.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    For villians its apocalypse. for heroes its havok and Polaris the true daughter of magneto. And for a random I'm gonna toss in Mojo. No hes not a mutant but he only ever shows up in xmen comics. Hes a goober and just looks interesting especially in regards to a potential character in a game.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    Stryfe
    Prof X
    Shatterstar
    Warpath
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Jean Grey all the way.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Iceman
    Colossus
    Wolvie

Those are my top. Always will be.
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Well, my first mutant in the game was Archangel which helped me to get a long way, also my current most used mutant is X23, so Those two are my top
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

For me, it has always been Wolverine! Since I was a kid I thought his powers were cool and I admired that he was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done. (Admittedly, doing “whatever it takes” is easier when you’ve got a powerful healing factor but that’s beside the point.) I loved reading his comics, seeing him in the cartoon, and he was always my go-to pick whenever I went to the arcade.

All this for me as well. I’d always choose Wolverine for both Konami’s and Capcom’s X-Men arcade games.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    Havok