**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Emma Frost UC

Hello. Does anyone of you has her as r4/5 5*? I want to duel her, as I can’t beat her in one shot, and I don’t want to use revives. I forgot how to evade her specials. Do you need to swipe right twice? :))

Comments

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Raikis wrote: »
    Hello. Does anyone of you has her as r4/5 5*? I want to duel her, as I can’t beat her in one shot, and I don’t want to use revives. I forgot how to evade her specials. Do you need to swipe right twice? :))

You need to dash back that is, swipe left twice to completely evade the sp1.
    I always go for the sp1 because the timing's a little weird for the sp2.

Also, you don't need to do that too I think.
    Just keep dexing till she reaches the armor up phase in oscillate and only use heavies. She won't initiate any attack while in armor up phase.
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    Funny way to destroy her, especially with hype, is when she goes from fury to armor buff she hides in the corner and can spam heavies. Got 9 furies with hype this way then ignited s3 and game over. Aside from that fun play just swipe forward during first two parts of her S1 and then swipe back to attack
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Frosty Q for duel and yes u need to swipe right for evading her specials also medusa works great on her she breaks her armour so Emma won't get diamond form
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Ms.Evol 5* rank 5 Emma Frost for duel.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    Thank you for your help! Practising now :)
    Duel is easy, as you can block first part of her sp1, but in the EQ I always late to dodge that! :)
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    When she has unblockable 1, my brain will not allow me to even start to evade it. It’s one of the harder things for me. I learned her by blocking the first part and then swiping.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Don’t know if it’s just me but when using ghost and Emma activate her sp1 and I was ready for the inverted control, it ended up not being inverted control???
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I used Sabretooth. Just be very careful when she's in fury mode because that's when she'll attack and throw off her specials. In armor up mode you can spam heavies on her as others have said.

When evading, swipe right for the first two attacks then remember to swipe left to dash to her for a combo.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Plus, in Telepath Form she can only build Prowess by landing crits, so if you can avoid getting hit by her basic attacks, her special attacks will do less damage as well.

How many hits and specials do you think we'll take on this fight?

• WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    HELMET champs ignore her telepathy, both Magnetos, Juggernaut, Unstoppable Collosus, mag fight a little easier, but u still need that armor break.
    WATCHED wrote: »
    HELMET champs ignore her telepathy, both Magnetos, Juggernaut, Unstoppable Collosus, mag fight a little easier, but u still need that armor break.

What about Ghost and wasp? They both wear some kind of armor helmet

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    When she goes defensive and holds block I just hit as many AA heavies as I can get in.
    Keep her power up she gets melted by neurotoxin.
    Failing that I used SL and evaded the S1
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Medusa & Corvus King Groot FTW against Emma
    ftfy
    Finally something my 6-star turd can do.

• JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    Stop lying to the kid, you know juggernaut and magneto are the only way to beat her!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Mordo is all im gonna say lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Swipe right twice and then swipe left once to charge in for a combo. Armor breaks and bleeders are great for her.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Nikskini wrote: »
    Frosty Q for duel and yes u need to swipe right for evading her specials also medusa works great on her she breaks her armour so Emma won't get diamond form

That's a good point to keep in mind! Any Armor Break will force her into Telepath Form, where she has lower defenses. Plus, in Telepath Form she can only build Prowess by landing crits, so if you can avoid getting hit by her basic attacks, her special attacks will do less damage as well.

And yes, if you are fighting an awakened Emma Frost, she will reverse your controls when she uses a special attack and it will last until just after the end of the attacks, so you would need to swipe towards her to dex out of those attacks. (But for other Emma Frost fights, make sure to note if she is awakened or not; you wouldn't want to swipe towards her during specials if you were fighting an unawakened one.)

Its funny how they reply to such posts. On posts where answers are needed by them, they ignore...

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

To add to that, Mordo, when you hold block for 0.5 seconds (I think), is able to block unblockable specials.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    Ok, Emma is down :) thanks for your help!
    but I will leave exploration of her chapter last to do :)
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Raikis wrote: »
    Ok, Emma is down :) thanks for your help!
    but I will leave exploration of her chapter last to do :)
    I like to do a completion first to kind of gauge how hard the EQ will be, then I start from the hardest and go down for exploration. That way I have easier content to worry about as the clock runs down.
  • That's a good point to keep in mind! Any Armor Break will force her into Telepath Form, where she has lower defenses.
    Any Armor Break ? Do all ArmorBreaks actually remove an Armor Up ? Some descriptions say they remove Armor, other heroes just say they apply an ArmorBreak debuff.
    Medusa worked great for me. BUT, I did try some other Armor Break attackers and they DID NOT switch Frost to normal Telepath form. Forget which ones I tried, think maybe some that ArmorBreak when doing a critical hit ? (Is Frost immune to Critical Hits when in Diamond form ?)
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »

To add to that, Mordo, when you hold block for 0.5 seconds (I think), is able to block unblockable specials.

Yes your correct thanks for adding additional info otherwise ppl would of assumed i am crazy lol
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    That's a good point to keep in mind! Any Armor Break will force her into Telepath Form, where she has lower defenses.
    Any Armor Break ? Do all ArmorBreaks actually remove an Armor Up ? Some descriptions say they remove Armor, other heroes just say they apply an ArmorBreak debuff.
    Medusa worked great for me. BUT, I did try some other Armor Break attackers and they DID NOT switch Frost to normal Telepath form. Forget which ones I tried, think maybe some that ArmorBreak when doing a critical hit ? (Is Frost immune to Critical Hits when in Diamond form ?)

Which armor break champs did you try that did not switch frost to telepath from?
  • OG Spidey, 62% chance on Crit hits to Break Armor. And can’t believe I would have been that unlucky for it to never trigger on that fight.

But I’ll echo what others have said about pushing her to wall and (when she is in defensive state) just continually do Heavies on her. Use someone with a quick Heavy, who doesn’t lose ground distance to her with each Heavy as some heroes tend to do (else next Heavy you’re too far back). Ultron and Ironman have good quick Heavies.
    I used ghost. When she was in her defensive mode then I made sure to run to her all the way to her wall to make massive heavies and goodness how much fury buffs I was able to build up to later unleash an sp2 for an instant win