**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 21.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 21.3 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• math2992math2992 Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    In-Game Name: math2992
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.3
    Game Mode: Story Quest Act 4.3.3
    Description of the Issue: When I take the left path and i get ambushed. The champions menu come up and right after that the game freezes and crash and closes.
  • L3pa_DL3pa_D Posts: 60
    edited February 2019
    In-Game Name: Lepa.D.
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (More frequent on WiFi)
    Game Mode: all modes but arena and EQ more frequently
    Description of issue: arena and EQ much more frequent then other game modes from every 3-4 seconds connection issue then white spinning wheel for extended time before logging off or crashes (rinse and repeat after every few seconds)
  • WhisWhis Posts: 6
    In-Game Name : S T A R K
    Device and Model : iPhone 5s
    Device OS : 10.2
    Cellular & Wi-Fi : Both (Wi-Fi mostly)
    Game Version : 21.3
    Game Mode : Story Quest Act 4 (All chapters & paths)
    Description of Issue : Whenever an Adaptoid pops up (Ambush) and I try to enter the fight, the game automatically CRASHES. Please fix this problem as soon as possible.
    NOTE - I even re-installed the game but same problem occurs.
  • Plato92Plato92 Posts: 102
    In game name: Plato92
    Device and model: IPhone 6s
    Divine operating system 12.1.4
    Cellular and WiFi current game update
    Game mode: story mode 4.3.5
    I go in a clockwise motion when doing this map and when I go left then down after a few fights I get ambushed and my game just shuts down and I end up at my home screen on my phone I have already been to support and they haven’t fixed anything yet or even compensated me which has got me feeling burnt out and am about to delete this game for good
  • WhisWhis Posts: 6
    My game is also stuck. I was exploring act 4 and since it is off season, I finally had time to do it 100% but this bug really stopped my progress.
    Kindly reply regarding this issue.
  • StvDamitStvDamit Posts: 55
    In-Game Name: Dam!t
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System:IOS 11
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Mode: ALL
    Description of the Issue: I'm experiencing glitchy performance, dropped frames during game and lowered refresh rate. Im pretty much convinced that it's a matter of rendering transparency and other high intensity graphics since its most noticeable during Ghost's phasing, and Omega Red's death factor effects. In the rare case of a matchup between the two of them the game is almost unplayable, especially if there's a lot of background changing, something that occures if I'm playing Ghost and I need to hit and withdraw do avoid OR's charges. Thanks.
  • In Game Name: Freeze!
    Device and Model: iPhone Xs
    Wifi or Cellular: Both
    Game Version: 21.3
    Game Mode: Event Quest, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, and Arena. I have completed Story mode or it would likely happen in that as well. It also happens when going to inventory, looking at champions, ranking/leveling champions and basically every aspect of the game.
    Issue: Extremely slow load times. It has taken up to 7 minutes just to open the app. Constant network connection issues both in and out of fights. This connection causes lag within fights. I can close the app and watch Netflix or Youtube without issue and I mostly play while on wifi which is 1GB speed and I have done a speed test which showed a ping of 11, download of 230mbps, upload of 24mbps. So I know that my connection is not the issue. I have moved to an alliance with no emphasis on war or alliance quest so that I won't be a hindrance. Without map 6 and war I have no reason to spend for units when in a bind. Others have given up on the game outright due to frustration. This is a known issue and an update as to what is being done would be very reasonable as would an expected timetable for a resolution.
  • MrMaxwellsMrMaxwells Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Mr.Maxwelld
    Device Operating System: iOS 121.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Story Quest - Act 4.3.1
    Description of the Issue: I get ambushed by a symboid and the when I choose a champ other than the one I the game defaults, the app crashes. Tried four times with different champs and it doesn’t it each time.
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    In Game Name; Matt1452
    Device And Model; IPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: IOS 121,4
    Cellular Or WI-Fi: WI-FI
    game Version Installed: 21.3
    Modes Affected , all Modes
    Description of Issue: Lag extended Time Connective issues not my internet
  • rock_balboarock_balboa Posts: 31
    In-Game Name : Rock_balboa
    Device and Model : iPhone 6
    Device OS : 12.1.4
    Cellular & Wi-Fi : Wi-Fi
    Mobile Carrier: Vivo
    Game Mode : Story Quest Act 4.3.1 / 4.3.6 (Whenever an Adaptoid pops up (Ambush))
    Description of Issue : Whenever an Adaptoid pops up (Ambush) and I try to enter the fight, the game automatically CRASHES.
  • GiusGiufGiusGiuf Posts: 12
    In-Game Name: GiusGiuf
    Device Operating System: iOS 12
    Cellular or WiFi: both but mostly wifi
    Game Mode: Story quest - Ultron variant 2.1
    Description of the Issue: When I have to face an ultron drone that is my path (or ambush) the game automatically crashes
  • I’m having the same problem:
    In-game -name: Nunuk1993
    iPhone 6s
    iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular and WiFi
    Game Version: 21.3
    This happened in Event Quest as soon as I start the fight the game just crashes.
  • Choco_RocoChoco_Roco Posts: 9
    In-Game Name : Choco Roco
    Device and Model : iPad air
    Device OS : 12.1.1
    Cellular & Wi-Fi : Wi-Fi mostly
    Game Mode : Story Quest - Act 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 so far (stuck on Act 4.4.3)
    Description of Issue : Game crashes every time an Adaptoid (Ambush) pops up when I try to enter the fight, the game automatically CRASHES. On Act 4.4.2 i was able to resolve it on my third attempt by ending the quest and starting
    the quest but i lost all my paid energy. On Act 4.4.3, same issue and tried to resolve it by ending the quest and starting. However, I lost my paid energy once again and the issue won'r resolve. I've invested time and money. This should not be happening. Please fix this problem as soon as possible.
    NOTE - I even re-installed the game and reboot my iPad but same problem occurs.
  • In-Game Name:- Mr.K26
    Device -iPhone 6s
    Operating system- iOS 12.1.2
    Cellular data - Vodafone
    Game version installed-21.3
    Game mode- Event quest :- X-Men Xenoclast -heroic- chp 2- first map
    Description- When I reached the final boss, the champion selection menu opened and then it crashed. It happened twice.
  • In-Game Name:- Dante the brave
    Device -iPhone 7
    Operating system- iOS 12.1.2
    Cellular and wifi-both
    Game version installed-21.3
    Game mode- Event quest :- X-Men Xenoclast -uncollected- all chapters
    Description- When in fights i randomly crash and come back to half my health or my game freezes and when it stops im staring at a nice KO screen please fix this asap
  • DLB81DLB81 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: DLB81
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, AT&T
    Game Mode: Story Quests
    Description of the Issue: Every time I get to an ambush the game crashes. I tried multiple paths in act 4 and it does it every time. I’ve restarted my phone, and deleted/reinstalled the app with no success. By the looks of this thread it’s a game issue, not a user issue.
  • In-Game Name: SniperK1ng604
    Device and Model: Iphone 6
    Device Operating System (OS): 12.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Touch
    Game Mode: Story Quests
    Description: Every time I get ambushed by a symbioid the game crashes. I tried multiple paths in act 4 (every chapter and map) and it does it every time. I’ve restarted my phone, and deleted/reinstalled the app with no success.
  • KorshKorsh Posts: 1
    In-game name: Korshnikov
    Device: iPad mini
    Device: iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game version installed: 21.1.3
    Game mode: story quests
    Description: 4.3.2 every time I get ambushed it crashes the game, I don’t know if this is happening elsewhere but it happened in 4.3.1 when I tried that quest too. there is general overall too much lag and waiting time in this game.
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    In-Game Name: S A G E
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: Monthly EQ uncollected chapter 3.3 and AQ
    Description of the Issue: I am getting a severe increase in the temperature of my device when playing in multiple areas of the game
  • DarkmereDarkmere Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    In-game Name: Darkmere
    Device: Ipad Air
    Device OS: 12.1.4
    Cellular/wifi: Wi-fi
    Game version: 21.3
    Game Mode: Event Quests
    Description: Seemingly at random, after advancing to a match up the game stops and crashes to IOS. This issue caused me to update to 12.1.4 as it had started happening on the previous IOS. I have also reinstalled the game twice and still crashes. When it gets to the match where it crashes, it will happen every time I retry to load the game. The game is now basically unplayable.

The latest match it crashes is Vs Ultron Drone and it does not matter which hero I select
  • DarkmereDarkmere Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    Update to the above, unable to edit. I managed to get past that fight by running the game on my old ipad 3 with ios 9.3.5. However, a little later, the game did the same crash to ios on that ipad 3. It was against Ultron Drone again when it crashed, but after reloading the game, the fight went through ok and not constantly crash at the same point like the other. I wouldn't like to play with the old ipad 3 , the game runs like a donkey
  • In-Game Name: Mccool9876
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: Story quest - Ultron variant 1.3
    Description of the Issue: Facing Science Ultron drone, the game automatically crashes.
  • Galaxy76Galaxy76 Posts: 62

In-Game Name: Galaxy76
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular airtel4g
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: After the recent update 21.3 I am experiencing lagging in every aspect... Even in crystal opening... Animation lag. This new update is really bad.
  • In-Game Name: TangerineBalls
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.3
    Cellular or WiFi: both, carrier O2
    Game Mode: Mostly Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, .. but happens in Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: consistently getting the ‘connection to network’ error at bottom of screen. Using mobile data or WiFi it happens. Even opening items can be dreadfully slow too
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    In-Game Name: Awesomo Chaos
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest.
    Description of the Issue: Champions often randomly stop registering light attacks during middle of a combo and will stop fighting so I get punched in the face.
  • UrijahUrijah Posts: 1
    In game user: urijah5
    iPhone 6
    Act 4.3.1-4.3.2 whenever ambushed by adaptoid app shuts down. Tried several times and found I can complete a path as long as there is no ambush.
  • 2nd update, back on ipad air, first match against Ultron Drone again and game crashes to IOS. I can continue the game on my old ipad 3 but it's agonisingly slow
  • In-Game Name : SeaMonkey6
    Device and Model : iPhone 5s
    Device OS : 12.1.1
    Cellular & Wi-Fi : Wi-Fi mostly
    Game Version : 880879
    Game Mode : Story Quest - Act 4.4.3
    Description of Issue : Game crashes every time an Adaptoid (Ambush) pops up when I try to enter the fight, the game automatically crashes. I already didn’t three runs spending energy and time and it crashes Everytime. I have reinstalled the game and the bus is still there. Please fix as this was the only time I had to finish act 4 before next season.
This discussion has been closed.