**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6 star shards

2»

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    The biggest issue for solo players and many lower tier is that the most reliable source of shards...duping...has been made all but impossible. I am not uncollected yet. I am currently at the fifth quest of part one. (Or however they define the sections) i have 8 more paths to uncollected. I am sitting on enough t4c to rank 9 champs; either 9 4s to r5 or 9 5s to r3 or a combination. I feel like investing in 4s and 5s has now become a waste of t4c and alphas...the only source of shards for me currently is the arena and duping. Duping isn't gonma happen at this point with ky fives, Not for me, not for many of us. So i am given the remaining choice of grinding for shards in the 5 star arena and nothing else for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks...tell me fellow summoners? Would you be happy with six month of grinding for nothing but shards? And the occassional (and suddenly seemingly rare) 4 to pop. Tons of 2s, a few 3s and a whole lot of nothing else...5 and 6 shards...so because they f-ed up the 5 star basic, i think they should lower the number of shards assemble one, stop whatever messing around with the crystals that has been going on in the last month, and add 6 star shards to events and 5s to the phc. i can make the featured 4 star endless win with what i got and i don't see the point in using the t4c i have wanted for so long to aquire on either of those star levels..it is more fun than a years worth of shards grinding for a six...but not really helping get deeper in the game...every fice seems to be new...not ranking any of the 5s beyond r2.
    Just not really fun guys...just saying. Loosing friends in here, not having fun and loosing interest myself! Too many shards, too many items in shards, too many 2s, too many currencies, too many items to collect, too many specialized items to aquire that are needed for too many specialized events; dungeons revives, alliance revives, etc...hard to aquire items now needed more than those lower tier items but far few available...feels like a gut sickening endless grind and i hate myself for not walking away.
    Based on all of the alliance friends that have left the game, i think the only reason inhave remained is because i play solo
    You just can't move the target over and over again without compensating. In this case more 3s 4s and 5s should be popping for those not fortunate enough to have been collecting fives when you could still dupe them...and more t4c (yes the calendar is a good start) and t2 alphas and 6 shards. Many of us are gonna walk before we see a duped five or a six of any kind (probably iron patriot or Antman).
    I have A.D.D. so my apologies for the additions. I think i can say, without challenge, that kabam dumped all the fives into the basic to throw up a wall between the fours and sixes....to slow many of us down for whatever reason...now the wall needs lowered...conversely they gave new players "summoner steroids", 5s they cannot raise, skill points they haven't the units to utilize and no real source for growth but an endless gind to aquire "shards"...alliance, dungeon or other...they may induce a friend to run a dungeon or two but for many gamers this degree of complexity and lack of satisfaction upon completing anything, really, will eventually lead them back to other games on thier phones and thier x boxes and ps' when home or at a friends. Kabam and others like them are gonna kill the phone game boom with the pay this "pay to win" sssssstuff.
    There is a palpable effort to reduce the disimination of all higher level shards through duping they are now gifted or offered for purchase. Suddenly, a consistant popping of rarer 3s rather than those likely to give max sig crystal, a noticable drop in the occurance of 4s popping, the blatant wall of undupable 5s...(with the number of shards and amount of time it takes to build a 5 star crystal is shouldn't take aquiring a roster of 50 unduped champs before you see one worth a damn dupe) and the sudden plethora or offers for shards and complete crystals??? Time to update the drop rates add 5s to the phc and lower the number of 5 star shards for a crystal...See...you can give the newbies 5 stars guys! But they need the dupes to grow them and to move forward! When was the last time anyone tried to raise a 5 star with tier 1 and 2 iso??? (The gold is another issue all together...need "increase in gold" tokens....)
  • TheSovietDJTheSovietDJ Posts: 55
    Can you stop
    You are the only one who still cares and you’re post’s comments are 60% yours
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    So after reading your entire rant I've gathered that your main point you are trying to get across is that kabam needs to award 6* shards and crystals to all free to play players even if they have A not completed the content to acquire them B not been active enough to grow a profile that can get them through duplicating 5*s and C login only occasionally when they feel like it . The game is no longer enjoyable for you because people you game with have joined an alliance or left the game. You think 6* champions will make it more enjoyable because somehow you think they will be different than the 4 and 5* champs you currently have. Aren't willing to rank your current champs because you believe 6*s are a better use of your resources even though without completing act 5 100% or being in an alliance you will have no way to accomplish a 6* rank up because t4b are not available anywhere in the game outside of alliance rewards and uncollected eq which you are not capable of doing. Just trying to make sure I understand what you are saying before I comment on your post @Rap
    Nope bud...you've missed the entire point friend because you are puffed up with your sense of accomplishment and desire to protect your status. The main issue here is that duping is a primary source of shards and champion growth owing to the dropped supplies and the content creators have purposely prevented duping fives to prevent the disimination of 6 star shards by that method. So that they can keep them for players like.you to feel special (which.ypu obviously do) In fact they have gone out of their way to crush farming of any kind....especially higher tier shards.
    And really this all discussion started months ago. I have since duped one 5 and have 6 star shatds. Someone just found the thread and brought to the top. And you do not know me or my roster or my commitment level and so you cannot speak to my experience so please refrain from implying things about me. What would it hurt you or this game if some kid got 88 six tar shards on? And when.you use the term "earn"? Maybe you should give your definition of it...cause i have earned every last champ and item on my account and yeah i feel i have earned the right to dupe 5s and collect 6 star shards.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @rap to give you my definition of earn it is to complete content and receive rewards. It's much easier to earn all shards now than it was a year ago and i was trying to understand your poor me posts about how kabam is preventing you from getting champs. You don't know me or my account but you are making assumptions about me having a boosted up ego. I've grinded my way through content and grinded my champs from arena. I've never felt the need to put multiple poor me posts on the forum and i read all your posts while trying to compile a synopsis of your rant. If you really dislike the game its simple find another game. Kabam is GIVING free resources and shards away every day on the login calendar. They GIVE you a free champ every month. If you don't like your progression it's on you to change it not them to give you more free stuff. Dont make judgments about people trying to understand where you are coming from when all we have to go on is your multiple poor me I'm being mistreated posts.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Stop spamming please. You need to consolidate your ideas into one post. It might be big, but its better than 20 posts.
    You have misunderstood my motives entirely. In case you didn't notice kabam is handing out masses of 5 star shards (unearned) lately? Why? Cause they realize they have to push out more fives in the game to get some sort of ballance before (if on schedule) they entroduce the 7 stars next year The point of this post was to point out that IF they did not wish to end up doing the same with the 6 star shards they better loosen up sooner. This isn't a poor a me post it's "when you gonna balance this game?" When will Kabam stop playing catch-up with the cerve they themselves created and seem always to be behind on correct game elements for. So why not let lower tier players earn small amounts sooner was my point. But i guess i will just wait and say, "see! I told ya so!" When they are giving out masses of "unearned 6 star shards 8 months from now...
  • @rap

Hey bro I've got 3 six stars one month away from the 4th, and I really don't use them all that much. Now to be fair storm, and sentry and the winter soldier are my champs. Bucky gets a good deal of use but the other 2 just sit there rotting, unless I want to do some exploration on the EQ and everything is tied up. My point is you should join a casual alliance get some of the stuff you usually have to grind for for minimal effort, to allow you to spend more time becoming uncollected and then elders bane. Our sister alliance has some spots open, no pressure, no fuss, no muss. If your interested PM me, and I'll get you hooked up.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Rap wrote: »
    You have misunderstood my motives entirely. In case you didn't notice kabam is handing out masses of 5 star shards (unearned) lately? Why? Cause they realize they have to push out more fives in the game to get some sort of ballance before (if on schedule) they entroduce the 7 stars next year The point of this post was to point out that IF they did not wish to end up doing the same with the 6 star shards they better loosen up sooner. This isn't a poor a me post it's "when you gonna balance this game?" When will Kabam stop playing catch-up with the cerve they themselves created and seem always to be behind on correct game elements for. So why not let lower tier players earn small amounts sooner was my point. But i guess i will just wait and say, "see! I told ya so!" When they are giving out masses of "unearned 6 star shards 8 months from now...

Uc is the bottle neck, long before 7* act 6 and maybe even act 7 will be out. Once you get uncollected you can get plenty. In fact alliances get few.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Also act 6 is why they are pumping out shards now,
  • ahock101ahock101 Posts: 118
    I have 14 5 stars only 2 are duped, I became uncollected last month and completed initial run of uncollected eq, instantly got more shards than both of my dupes, I don't understand why you don't realise that uncollected eq is the best source of 6 star shards
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Where do you get your nonsense? 3 a year? The only source of shards is the arena...so if all of us grind to rank in the 5 star arena and spend an entire year setting for nothing but 6 star shards from an arena we can make 2 reasonably.
    @Rap
    1 year...= 12 months of uncollected

2500 6* shards per monthly uncollected x 12 months...= 30,000 6* shards = 3 6*

not counting ur tier in aw 1-3 gives u 6* shards + arena (5* Featured) + 5* dupes....
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    You don't have to be in an alliance to do the uncollected EQ. All you have to do is be uncollected and level 40. If you think you should be acquiring 6* shards but cant beat 5.2.6 one single time, and refuse to do any of the other content that we have to work our azzes off to build our roster, then you are dreaming! We all had to become uncollected before getting any decent amount of 6* shards, and many of us still have a ways to go before we get enough for a 6* champ.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Last I checked, you didn’t have to be in an alliance to get through Uncollected Difficulty to get 6* Shards.

Either way, @Rap this game is PvP Fighting Game. It’s actually considered a “Multi-Player” Game on the Apple Store. It’s simply what this game is, & what it’s advertised as...
    cndpwpk7a1u1.jpeg
    8r54jzwrxifz.jpeg

Even Wikipedia considers it a largely Multi-Player game...
    svbgcsdisezj.jpeg

If you don’t like Multi-Player Modes, I get it... but you can’t expect to get as big of an advantage in a largely Muti-Player game, if you are not a good Team Player. In that case, I’d suggest you try a 100% single player game like Fortnite. That would probably suite you better.
    Can we petition for this guy to go to a college for journalism?
    Look...you guys are bent out of shape over the idea of lower tier player getting "unearned" six star shards? Players like me who are finally getting deep into the 5 star tier just had to watch a bunch of newbies collect unearned 5 star shards enough for 2 5s...now here is the question...WHY should it be okay for long time grinders like me, in the upper middle tier of players, to have to deal with that happening but anyone getting "unearned" stuff from your tier ism't acceptable?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Look...you guys are bent out of shape over the idea of lower tier player getting "unearned" six star shards? Players like me who are finally getting deep into the 5 star tier just had to watch a bunch of newbies collect unearned 5 star shards enough for 2 5s...now here is the question...WHY should it be okay for long time grinders like me, in the upper middle tier of players, to have to deal with that happening but anyone getting "unearned" stuff from your tier ism't acceptable?

you just described progression.

As new things come out for the higher tiers, the "older" things becomes more common for lower tiers.

The problem is, a lot of your arguments before this post don't hold weight when you say "you can only get 6* shards from arena" when majority of mine come from 5* duping and UC EQ. If arena is the only place YOU can get them, play the rest of the game before asking for it to be free

I'll respectfully disagree on your viewpoint/what you want done, but understand the frustration.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    My brain hurts from reading these novels disguised as comments.