**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus crit hitting through blocks needs explanation

In corvus glaives abilities, it states that "Corvus Glaive can trigger critical hits through an enemy block". I am having a hard time understanding what this actually means. In game, when playing as corvus, and you hit into a block (with his glaive) the "critical" call out does pop up. The same thing occurs when fighting against corvus. So we know that critical hits can trigger through enemy blocks, that part of the description is correct. But what does it mean when a critical hit triggers through a block? Should we be seeing damage taken by the enemy (or by us if against corvus) equate to as if the critical hit was NOT blocked? If that is the case, then corvus is bugged. Critical hits through blocks do not register damage as if the opponent was NOT blocking. Blocked critical hits and blocked non-critical hits register close to the same amount of damage (with a 5/50 corvus against a 5/65 blade, 368 crit blocked hit vs 258 non-crit blocked hit). I would like some clarification as to if this a bug or if I am not understanding the description. Thank you.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    The damage seems quite higher ... So based on that info it does looks like it's working correctly.
    You shouldn't be able to do the same amount of damage like if the enemy wasn't blocking it. Block will reduce the damage regardless.
    A crit in the block is basically ignoring an additional block proficency that a non-crit on the block
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    It is working
  • I have a question regarding Corvus as well. In the description, it states at the start of the fight Corvus gains 20 permanent Glaive charges which grant him True Damage and guaranteed Critical Hits as long as his Glaive Immunity is active. However I'm noticing not every hit against an opponent grants "Critical Hits" as suggested in the description. Can someone explain? I recorded a video using a 6* (2/35) Corvus and when doing a 5-hit combo, the second strike to the opponent was not critical, so essentially 4 of the 5-hit combo will register as critical. Is that normal?
  • I have a question regarding Corvus as well. In the description, it states at the start of the fight Corvus gains 20 permanent Glaive charges which grant him True Damage and guaranteed Critical Hits as long as his Glaive Immunity is active. However I'm noticing not every hit against an opponent grants "Critical Hits" as suggested in the description. Can someone explain? I recorded a video using a 6* (2/35) Corvus and when doing a 5-hit combo, the second strike to the opponent was not critical, so essentially 4 of the 5-hit combo will register as critical. Is that normal?

You should have created a new post about this, instead of piggy backing on an old one with what is not really the same question.

But to answer, Corvus does NOT use his Glave for his 2nd Light Attack. So thus it is not critical and does not lower his count.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I have a question regarding Corvus as well. In the description, it states at the start of the fight Corvus gains 20 permanent Glaive charges which grant him True Damage and guaranteed Critical Hits as long as his Glaive Immunity is active. However I'm noticing not every hit against an opponent grants "Critical Hits" as suggested in the description. Can someone explain? I recorded a video using a 6* (2/35) Corvus and when doing a 5-hit combo, the second strike to the opponent was not critical, so essentially 4 of the 5-hit combo will register as critical. Is that normal?

His guaranteed crits happen when he uses his glaive to hit, those hits include the first and last medium and the 2nd to 4th light, as well as heavy attacks and special attacks. Only his first light attack is not a glaive hit which as you said is not critical.
  • (oops, thx @Championcritic , yep I meant 2nd hit if you started with Medium, so 1st Light hit. Think I said 2nd Light hit)