**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I crazy to do this?

So I just got a 4 Star Cosmic Awakening Gem and I am torn between using it on Corvus Glaive and Hyperion.

Here’s my take: Hyperion is a better utility champ and gets much more from his awakened ability but...

I am trying to become Uncollected and I have moderate skill - the fact that Corvus can’t die when he has Glaive charges means I may be able to die a couple times from The Collector before I actually run out of Glaive charges. Thus, it saves me a few revives and kills The Collector faster.

So, even though I know Hyperion is the better general choice for awakening, am I crazy to rank up Corvus?

Am I crazy to do this? 76 votes

You’re crazy - Awaken Hyperion and don’t look back
52%
thetaman23SnakeEyes69Haji_SaabA_Noob_Is1TheManMythLegendSundance_2099Star_Lord_AKTEKCrimsontide1616axelelf_1Thecrusher_9756ScholiaAtharva111DankestChefRicemanJakearoundBruinsfan8510Charlie_SceneJohn757Colonaut123 40 votes
You’re sane - I would lean toward Hyperion but I understand your logic
21%
RagamugginGunnerTendersquadSungjDarkrider05NEO_mr_AndersonRCunhaOrcDovahkiinAanthoPizzabeatMattManPanchulon21ClydaniaThe_red_EclipseRockypantherxab28pUltimatesaber32 16 votes
You’re right - Corvus is the best choice for you from what you’ve stated
26%
SnizzbarxNigsmy168Mets17CpAmericanohiddenblizzardStrikerrx8tom523Cranmer00ChampioncriticFF10GeorgiaDawgBatman1903SpiderBroLostReplica23MiStaLovaElbow_FlabMiss_Bee09Fugitive21Noob371 20 votes

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Corvus' ability only matters if you are about to be KO'd. And only if you have charges, which isn't a given.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure how exactly glaive charges work vs bane node (maybe it doesn't, maybe you will survive 5 extra ticks, maybe you won't take any damage from it), but the reason of your death to collector is good special. and corvus sig doesn't work with specials and (may be wrong with this one) or takes time to reload after struck with heavy or special
  • You’re crazy - Awaken Hyperion and don’t look back
    Corvus doesn't need the awakened ability and doesn't do well in the longer fights of act 5
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yea Corvus does not need it.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I say go with your gut and do what YOU believe is right.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    You a crazy mafugga .
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Corvus' ability only matters if you are about to be KO'd. And only if you have charges, which isn't a given.

And only if you don't get knocked-down, which usually happens after a SP. The increased buff duration is way better; Although, Medusa...
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Is this even a question. Awaken Hyperion. Corvus's sig aint that useful
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    if you get hit by the collector the bane degen will transfer over to you and kill you anyway. your better off going with hyperion.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I'm pretty sure glaive immunity prevents you from dying to dot effects? Let me know if I'm wrong.

On another note, you will definitely have to keep reviving which ever champ you use. IMO, with enough missions, you will do more damage with Corvus during his short lifespan than Hyperion.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Corv with charges is hands down best in game attack wise behind ghost with synergies.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I used awaken corvus so awake him
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    I'm damn sure corvus will get through uncollected as you said you are not that skilled so taking just a few hits with corvus will make insane damage as well as you'll not die from that degen my point is go for corvus to become uncollected
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,247 ★★★★★
    Corvus makes more sense. Personally, because it’s a 4*, ie a “stop gap” champ, duping CG to help with Bane is better as you can prolong your fight and hit into his block more for some extra chipped damage. Esp if you can gather some charges for him. You can always use him for AQ as well.