**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The last two event bosses have had performance issues for some.

SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
The changelog mentioned "Performance improvements" for 21.3, but, what were they?

DarkHawk is still causing lag when this happens:
5lrc1mrpk4n6.png

and it was reported by many people that this specific champ caused lag / fps drops when this turned on.

Now, with 21.3, Sinister is the new boss, yet, exact same problem!
4vhq67h4kmhm.png

They both have these effects that cause lag / slowdowns on multiple devices.
The devices were reported in the correct thread before, but, it really don't seem like anyone is monitoring them.

Every single other champ is fine. Modok's shield when engaged doesn't cause these kinds of performance issues. It is JUST DarkHawk & now Sinister as well.

Yeah, those that don't have issues, well, good for you, this thread isn't meant for you.
It isn't cheap phones (I wouldn't call $500 phones cheap) at fault either, or it would be happening on ALL the champs.

This thread is attempt to get some answers from Kabam, it is totally unfair when these two show up in AW, and we lose because of the performance hits these guys cause.

Isn't it possible to have a option in the game to tone down the visual effects that these two cause?
There is no other currently available way to avoid this, and reporting the same information again & again doesn't seem to be doing anything, and there is no feedback at all in those threads.

Just asking for some feedback here for those of us that have issues if anything at all is being worked on to fix these two champs, so they don't cause a unfair advantage when we run into them in AW?

Comments

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Aegon has a similar effect with his block

Hmm, don't recall any slowdowns when he was the boss.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    My game slows down when he uses an sp2. The game lags like crazy after I beat him on master or uncollected, have to restart. But not much of a problem this month.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Yeah the amount of lag is insane on the Mr. Sinister fight. I get through darkhawk with quake so it avoids the animations.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I have not seen any problems with any lag besides on the loading screen and occasionally on crystals
  • jasxirjasxir Posts: 2
    What if lag was also a part of the challenge?
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Ive felt they need to offer "basic" backdrops
    A literal white wall dojo/matrix style "practice" looking room would free up RAM space and likley load times
    Especially some maps/character combinations
    Void on the dark/rainy maps becomes way harder due to the dark rendering alongside the dark map.

If i could turn off the elaborate maps and toggle a single simple room i would
    I turned off music and dont need these intense "hanger" maps with planes landing on the background.
    Its also distracting usually.
  • Jass007Jass007 Posts: 62
    I have this problem too ...I think this problem is basically in android ..darkhawk is very laggy sometime .. especially when I hit in block similarly mister sinsiter ..game seems to be freezed for a sec
  • jasxirjasxir Posts: 2
    I mean like Deadpool breaks the 4th wall. DarkHawk is so powerful that he's able effect your actual device and cause lag, that takes breaking the 4th wall to a whole new level. :open_mouth:
    SparkAlot wrote: »
    Aegon has a similar effect with his block

Hmm, don't recall any slowdowns when he was the boss.

Not sure about as the boss but as far as usage goes. I have him and Darkhawk as 5/50s and both have the occasional performance issue that other champs don't. Usually for Aegon is when you get a combo going and his block turns color, from blue to red I think.

I just dueled him, and no performance hit from Aegon.
    sxfh272cdst4.png
    wgrv6pe5h5od.png

Really hope Kabam can chime in on why it chugs on DarkHawk & Sinister, and not Aegon.

I also used Cap IW, just to make sure nothing funky is going on with him.
    Again, no performance issues in this fight.

fzu2kkrk4sa6.png
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I completed master event quest on my second account yesterday.
    The lag on the Mr Sinister fight was unbelievable.
    Coupled with the 90 second load screens (I timed them and they actually were that long!)
    I put in a couple if boosts and the 30 minute one expired before I got to Iron Fist before the boss.

I used 8 revives and countless health pots on that one boss fights because of lag on the S1 every time it was impossible to evade
  • GlobalgodzGlobalgodz Posts: 36
    I had the same issues. Literally have cut back on playing mcoc because this stuff isn't getting fixed. Would be great if they had an option to cut out excessive animations. This lag on dark hawk and sinister blocking used to happen with dormammu about a year ago. Just super annoying this isn't being fixed. One thing I will say is I just bought my phone about two weeks ago so I know it's not the phone.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Same here.

It's making me not play at all.

Except AQ.
  • Yep got a new phone.the lag and load time is a joke
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ive also noticed sinister lagging pretty good. Its pretty annoying. Been avoiding by quaking him.
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    Game is lagging mainly at blocking the sinister why kadam does this mainly for the final boss fight
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

While we totally understand that experiencing performance issues is frustrating, it is something that is often device-related and therefore not the same experience for all players. The reason we have the performance issue threads in the Bugs and Known Issues section is so that when players may experience these issues, they can give us information and context around what is happening in their experience. The team can then use this information as part of our internal performance testing on specific devices.

I understand that it may be disappointing, but there's often not a "one size fits all" approach to fixing lag for all players with the many different types of devices that are used to play The Contest. But this doesn't mean that we aren't working to make improvements, because the team does understand how important this issue is to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.