**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry Possibly Not Always Firing?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Dailey wrote: »
    People on this post as well as myself have played over 3 years and we can tell when something has changed.
    If you can tell something has changed then wouldn’ the next step be to demonstrate what’s happening? In the video you reference there is no claim of change so what’s the point of using it to eveidence what you experience?

There are also plenty of people in this thread who have also played for 3 years and have not observed a change. I for one have videos I can reference to see if changes have been made and by my observations the timing is the same.

edited February 2019
    Bfyffe28 wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    People on this post as well as myself have played over 3 years and we can tell when something has changed.
    If you can tell something has changed then wouldn’ the next step be to demonstrate what’s happening? In the video you reference there is no claim of change so what’s the point of using it to eveidence what you experience?

There are also plenty of people in this thread who have also played for 3 years and have not observed a change. I for one have videos I can reference to see if changes have been made and by my observations the timing is the same.

So what exactly is your point? There’s a video in this thread from Dave that says the opposite. There’s plenty of people in this thread that’s having trouble. So because you’re not does that mean we aren’t? I’ll never understand the people that like to come in threads and argue the opposite just because they’re not having an issue. Congrats to you and Xnig for having good game play. Is it ok if us that aren’t discuss the topic without you two trashing the thread? Thanks
    The point would be that Dave’s video isn’t about change being made and absent further information the video can be explained by Kabam’s response to it. Kabmam has then gone on to confirm nothing about parry has changed so claiming the video is evidence of what you are Experiencing/claiming is meaningless.

Hey wether you see it or not I’m trying to understand and help you to convey the issue while showing how your claims are false because they do nothing to address what you are experiencing. If you stopped being so aggressive, combative and dismissive then maybe you might actually get something across because right now you’re doing nothing but stomping your feet.

• Lol from my experience of reading this forum you rarely try to help anyone. I think I’d rather stomp my feet that keep interacting with someone who just wants to aggravate anyone with a problem. I get it clearly since this last update I’ve forgotten how to play the game...

1st post Dave already posted the video. It's on youtube as well. It's what is making this thread more legit than other bug reports.
    To borrow a popular question, have you watched Dave’s video? Then to expand on that question, does Dave’s video include all information to determine exactly what’s happening like his screen taps? People might be watching that video through tinted lenses and pulling out only what they want to see. People have incorrectly used what the video is doing and aren’t aware of what the video is missing but trying to use it to evidence their issues, that’s not evidence. Furthermore Dave’s shown his device to be unreliable when accepting inputs and has recently adjusted his input to compensate for that, that would be a device/user issue not a game issue.

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    trmecca wrote: »
    The rhetoric that "it's device based" is null. I play on a galaxy s9+ with gigabit wifi. It's not just myself who shares the consensus that Parry is broken or has been changed, which was partially explained by Kabam Lyra. Nonetheless, it's not functioning the way it was at a minimum since last patch (in my heart, it was the patch prior to that).

Parry is a huge meta in the game, even Kabam changed the mastery layouts to emphasize it's importance. Yet to change the way it functions without any notification to the player base is offending. Furthermore, WHY WAS IT CHANGED??? This has yet to be explained why the change/bug has taken place.

You cannot say device issue is a null point.
    It is clearly a devoce based framerate issue.
    You might have one of the newest and best android devices but android is still suffering from input lag.

Iphone 8 plus is the best devoce for mcoc.
    I only miss a parry when i mess up.

Ipad air2 requires alot more effort and i feel i miss some that i should have got.

I have used many android devices and that is the reason i upgraded to iphone. Mcoc sucks on android.

The game may have worked perfectly 6 months ago on your 2 year old phone but now, your hardware is older and has slowed down and the game is updated and needs lore.
    It just wont run the same on the same device forever.
  • MaatMan wrote: »
    The rhetoric that "it's device based" is null. I play on a galaxy s9+ with gigabit wifi. It's not just myself who shares the consensus that Parry is broken or has been changed, which was partially explained by Kabam Lyra. Nonetheless, it's not functioning the way it was at a minimum since last patch (in my heart, it was the patch prior to that).

Parry is a huge meta in the game, even Kabam changed the mastery layouts to emphasize it's importance. Yet to change the way it functions without any notification to the player base is offending. Furthermore, WHY WAS IT CHANGED??? This has yet to be explained why the change/bug has taken place.

You cannot say device issue is a null point.
    It is clearly a devoce based framerate issue.
    You might have one of the newest and best android devices but android is still suffering from input lag.

Iphone 8 plus is the best devoce for mcoc.
    I only miss a parry when i mess up.

Ipad air2 requires alot more effort and i feel i miss some that i should have got.

I have used many android devices and that is the reason i upgraded to iphone. Mcoc sucks on android.

The game may have worked perfectly 6 months ago on your 2 year old phone but now, your hardware is older and has slowed down and the game is updated and needs lore.
    It just wont run the same on the same device forever.

This might be what my problem is. I’m playing on a 2 year old iPad. I wasn’t having this issue before the most recent update. I do wish that if Kabam was adding more to the game they would announce it. I’m not dumb enough to think I can play on this device forever but I didn’t think it would be this bad after a random update. I did have a problem with Darkhawk so I could see some issues starting to come up with lag and completely closing out the game. I guess if I’m going to keep up it’s time for a new device.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    How is the ai just not getting parried. I just died to iceman in map 6 with champs over 50% with 0 hits received. I’m taking nothing but block dmg and Coldsnap dmg. Just standing there missing parries or literally watching the ai dash close to me, then stopping out of parry range. I can’t do this myself, how can the ai do it? How does it know to stop just out of parry range? Something is wrong.
    Also how is @xNig even able to keep that name? I literally cant think of anything but how racist it appears and sounds..... or just is?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ManChild wrote: »
    Also how is @xNig even able to keep that name? I literally cant think of anything but how racist it appears and sounds..... or just is?

It’s just you.
    No? Maybe just the English language and the arrangement of those letters. I’m not the creator of it. Can’t say much. I probably wouldn’t even of noticed it if you weren’t the one being a jerk and just telling everyone they are wrong, and not letting people actually discuss the topic.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    So the timing has changed. Up in till the last update I could parry around 90% of the time , after last update maybe 40% of the time! Well except for fighting mordo. I was thinking perfect I can block and no astral evade , sweet. Well I was wrong. Every block was a parry . EFN SERIOUSLY. What a load!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    ManChild wrote: »
    No? Maybe just the English language and the arrangement of those letters. I’m not the creator of it. Can’t say much. I probably wouldn’t even of noticed it if you weren’t the one being a jerk and just telling everyone they are wrong, and not letting people actually discuss the topic.

I can understand why you're behind bars.

I've posted videos with me parrying back to back to back to show that the parry timing is still the same. That's the 2nd or 3rd day after the update so I didn't have time to get used to it. Until now, no one has proven me wrong with evidence except by saying "I used to be able to parry a lot but now I can't. It's definitely not me so it MUST be that something was changed with parry."

Kabam Zibiit even clarified that NOTHING was changed. You guys just chose not to believe it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

neither the s9, nor any current handheld device, does not support gigabit wifi, and most routers do not grant that speed in the 5 ghz range, even if they did, and you had fiber internet, the likelihood of you getting that speed to mcoc is very unlikely. On top of that it can still be device specific. I for instance have not seen the issue on my iphone or ipad, if it was indeed a general issue why would that be. does not mean the issue is made up, but just that your reasoning for why it could not be a device issue is pretty flimsy.
  • notnebnotneb Posts: 6
    None of the official explanations cover the fact that it's not just an issue of parry being more difficult. left hand controls are completely off the rails. Failure to block at all, mystery light and dash attacks from a simple left hand tap, etc. are all happening in addition to parry failure. How about some light on that?
    notneb wrote: »
    None of the official explanations cover the fact that it's not just an issue of parry being more difficult. left hand controls are completely off the rails. Failure to block at all, mystery light and dash attacks from a simple left hand tap, etc. are all happening in addition to parry failure. How about some light on that?
    Don’t know if Kabam can but all that sounds like what I experienced when my device was failing, I ended up replacing it.

• MasterFlintMasterFlint Posts: 97
    Parry has not been consistently working for me either. I haven't been able to narrow down when it does and doesn't work but I do know I want to rage when I miss a parry... I usually miss a parry maybe once a month, now it's like once a day or more...

I play on iPhone, iPad, latest versions of ios and game.
    notneb wrote: »
    Don’t know if Kabam can but all that sounds like what I experienced when my device was failing, I ended up replacing it.

I have seen that only with my old android device or a dirty screen
    Parry has not been consistently working for me either. I haven't been able to narrow down when it does and doesn't work but I do know I want to rage when I miss a parry... I usually miss a parry maybe once a month, now it's like once a day or more...

I play on iPhone, iPad, latest versions of ios and game.

How new / old is ur device?
    Agenof device could be the issue.
    Just as a computer a 12month old device does not run nearly as good as a brand new one. Even a brand new one of the same model.

As i said. No issues iphone 8plus, small amount of issues ipad air 2
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to jump in and clear up something: Parry has not changed. The explanation given yesterday was some more details about how Parry does and has worked. It is not some new system or change, but has been a part of Parry's function since it was added to the game.

Well there it is. Parry hasn't changed we all just forgot how to properly parry after years of doing it. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go back and practice more now.

Pretty sure its a device issue.
    It seems people with the same kind of devices suffer the same issues.
    Whilst others with another set of devices are not suffering the issues.

If i am wrong i would like to see and hear from someone using a iphone 8plus who is having the issue.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    so the whole explanation is you need to have an iPhone if you don't want any issues playing this game. so i guess android users can go play something else
    MaatMan wrote: »
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to jump in and clear up something: Parry has not changed. The explanation given yesterday was some more details about how Parry does and has worked. It is not some new system or change, but has been a part of Parry's function since it was added to the game.

Well there it is. Parry hasn't changed we all just forgot how to properly parry after years of doing it. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll go back and practice more now.

Pretty sure its a device issue.
    It seems people with the same kind of devices suffer the same issues.
    Whilst others with another set of devices are not suffering the issues.

If i am wrong i would like to see and hear from someone using a iphone 8plus who is having the issue.

Actually, in our alliance is at least one member who owns an iPhone 8Plus who is facing the exact same issues.

Well theres a first time for everything.
    Never heard that before.

Are they by chance used to playing on a different device and had issues since switiching to 8 plus?
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    so the whole explanation is you need to have an iPhone if you don't want any issues playing this game. so i guess android users can go play something else

From my experience.
    Yes.
    I hated iphones.
    I always had samsung glalaxys.
    Upgraded to iphone cus i was sick of the BS when trying to play.
    And i must say i hav never looked back. My gameplay has improved astronomically just by getting thennew device.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Pretty new iPad Air 2, parry issues are pretty common lately. No other performance issues outside of constant connection warnings and insults to my internet. It's not like the game engine has changed, and the effects on darkhawk, sinister etc. are not a problem.. never mind older champs.

I've had my device tested for input malfunctions and touch responsiveness and it passes everything.

If the hardware requirements have indeed changed, that information should be communicated to the community.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I don't think parry has changed thou I have issues at time I think its the connection speed, there's always some connecting issue, I figure the more champion and tweaks Kabam applies to this game the more issues we will have, they prob better off doing a complete overhaul to fix the issue instead of just adding to the problem, at some point the community will get tired of the inconsistency with connection and frame rate issue where they will stop spending and look for another game to occupy their time, until then I don't see these issues being fixed.
This discussion has been closed.