**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think newer champs make it easier to beat the collector?

More and more champs are coming out with new and powerful abilities. If a more fresh-faced character was to 5/50 a team of 4 stars, could they beat the collector? and with which of these newer champs?

Comments

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, you could do it with a team of 5/50s. I did it with this team. Sparky was even 4/40. 300 units spent on team revs.

ycf2n7f30r9y.png
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    The premise of The Collector is to essentially be unbeatable on a single run
    Ive seen people finish him in a single shot but most the time a single mistake or fluke happen and you die immediately.
    Large probability youre gonna use items -- especially given his "abilities".. he for the most part is a total scam.
    On my second small account ive found the "intensity" is ever present in the low end content as is with the high end content.
    Which seems to be unnecessary given the low end content is played with far smaller rosters usually. If i were a new player without a large account i would be turned away by the "total ****" of most the fights.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You could say the same about Maestro in act 4
    When I beat him first time on my main account with a team of 4/40 old champs consisting of cap ww2, ds, mags, Cyclops and BB I used a ton of items.
    When I did it on my second account I one shot him with a 5/50 KM.

No doubt having masteries that weren't available the first time helped.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I used a mix of 4/40s and 5/50-3/45s.
    Currently working on act 5 100% and in a while I’ll have to head back to the collector. I’m really interested to see how my 4/55s perform against him.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Beating collector was never objectively hard in the first place, just required few revieves. Supposed difficulty of that fight is sort of urban legend at this point
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Theoretically some new champs could give an edge in fight against collector, domino, ghost, corvus, proxima but it all depends mainly on skills tbh, personally I'll do 5.2.6 100% as last chapter, but I know it would be easier now compare to first run.. On the other hand there's not many one shot vid on yt against him, but one of those available is with old school dv.. So, new champs, old champs doesn't matter as long as he goes ko,problem with him is we can't practice against him, can't do duels for example, it makes him so hard.. Its my opinion only tho..
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I have 2 lines left in 5.2.6 because I want to be done with the collector and not looking forward to coming back to him.

Sparky helped me tremendously but sometimes all the collector needs is patience. Best I ever did against him with sparky was a 50% life dent but simply got impatient and ate a "ko" combo from him. So always bear that in mind when thinking of him as easy. You can easily enter with a great champ and don't land a hit because of impatience, poor timing and such.
  • 1_ShuNeu_1 wrote: »
    The premise of The Collector is to essentially be unbeatable on a single run
    Ive seen people finish him in a single shot but most the time a single mistake or fluke happen and you die immediately.
    Large probability youre gonna use items -- especially given his "abilities".. he for the most part is a total scam.
    On my second small account ive found the "intensity" is ever present in the low end content as is with the high end content.
    Which seems to be unnecessary given the low end content is played with far smaller rosters usually. If i were a new player without a large account i would be turned away by the "total ****" of most the fights.

Once upon a time it was impossible for new players to have significantly strong rosters of any kind, and most didn't think to complain about being unable to jump immediately into the hardest content in the game.

Also, this game keeps attracting new players, so I'd say your estimation of the patience and expectations of new players is incorrect.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Beating collector was never objectively hard in the first place, just required few revieves. Supposed difficulty of that fight is sort of urban legend at this point

I agree, I was underwhelmed by the collector fight but the way most of the posts read, it is an almost impossible fight. I could've done it 6 months ago even with exactly the same roster but held back thinking I needed more revives, more units and maybe a better bunch of champs.