**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Diablo on Master quest

Obviously, no one else missed it because I'm the only one posting. Regardless, I can't figure out how Diablo keeps getting Unstoppable. There isn't anything in his native abilities, that I can see. There is a node ability in Master that gives Diablo Unstoppable for 5 seconds every time he drinks a potion. However, I keep getting combos broken up by Unstoppable even when he isn't drinking a potion. I haven't figured out the trigger other than the fact that if I go for a 5 hit combo, he can often gain (but not always) Unstoppable around the 4th hit. There isn't any drink-concoction animation, plus he's getting pummeled anyways, and there isn't any Auto-block or similar as an obvious combo break. What's going on?

Comments

• Whenever you hit Diablo (Master or Uncollected level boss buffs) he can either start to brew a potion, or to drink one if one is already brewed. This is NOT in his natural ability, so only applies on upper 2 difficulties in monthly quest.
    So 1st combo most likely he starts brewing one, and in your second combo at some point he will probably drink it. Be on the lookout when it pops up the “Unstoppable” wording next to him so you can abort the rest of your combo and back off. NOTE, CapIW doesn’t need to, he can continue attacking so long as he has a kinetic charge still.
    The animation you are probably talking about when he “drinks” something for a long time, that is with his SP1, and allows him to Heal for the duration you allow him to drink (he is NOT drinking his brewed concoction, it is something else during the SP1). Only if you let him finish his SP1 animation would he then actually drink his brewed concoction. So I found it better to interrupt his SP1 so he doesn’t gain a lot of health, and would rather get him to drink his brews from my own hitting him.
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Whenever you hit Diablo (Master or Uncollected level boss buffs) he can either start to brew a potion, or to drink one if one is already brewed. This is NOT in his natural ability, so only applies on upper 2 difficulties in monthly quest.
    So 1st combo most likely he starts brewing one, and in your second combo at some point he will probably drink it. Be on the lookout when it pops up the “Unstoppable” wording next to him so you can abort the rest of your combo and back off. NOTE, CapIW doesn’t need to, he can continue attacking so long as he has a kinetic charge still.
    The animation you are probably talking about when he “drinks” something for a long time, that is with his SP1, and allows him to Heal for the duration you allow him to drink (he is NOT drinking his brewed concoction, it is something else during the SP1). Only if you let him finish his SP1 animation would he then actually drink his brewed concoction. So I found it better to interrupt his SP1 so he doesn’t gain a lot of health, and would rather get him to drink his brews from my own hitting him.

So, basically, there is no "drink" animation, per se. It's an instantaneous consumption that you have to be aware of while you're in the middle of a combo. That seems kinda chintzy to me.

Nice that you can interrupt the sp1. I've been standing around waiting, like a dolt. I saw Seatin do a run through. I only saw Unstoppable once or twice, so there's a way around it. Now I gotta figure if it's worth my time to do this 5 more runs for 100%. Kind of a bummer. He's super easy except for that dumb Unstoppable, at least for my aggressive play-style.
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    not for nothing.. but lately capiw hasnt been able to nullify his unstoppable.. i played around it with baits and heavies.. but i used to it by now :p
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    All your frustration and honestly this whole post would have been avoidable by

A: Actually reading the nodes. They clearly explain how he has a chance to brew or drink a potion. And when he does so he becomes unstoppable.
    I kinda understand your confusion with the lack of a drinking animation, but if you had read those node informations carefully, you would have just needed to put 1 and 1 together.

B: Actually reading through his abilities. His sp1 info states that he will keep on healing as long as he keeps on drinking. Maybe that's just me, but my initial reaction to his sp1, after carefully reading through his info before the first fight, was to smack his face in.

Really not trying to be rude, but that fight was neither complicated nor cryptic.

Nah. The only thing frustrating is people who have nothing to contribute to the conversation. Thanks for nothing.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    There is no animation its listed on the nodes and his abilities of how it works. Plus the words pop up on his side of the screen. As far as his concoctions go so you will no when he is about to go unstoppable. All of his abilities are a tone down version of him from last eq
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    All your frustration and honestly this whole post would have been avoidable by

A: Actually reading the nodes. They clearly explain how he has a chance to brew or drink a potion. And when he does so he becomes unstoppable.
    I kinda understand your confusion with the lack of a drinking animation, but if you had read those node informations carefully, you would have just needed to put 1 and 1 together.

B: Actually reading through his abilities. His sp1 info states that he will keep on healing as long as he keeps on drinking. Maybe that's just me, but my initial reaction to his sp1, after carefully reading through his info before the first fight, was to smack his face in.

Really not trying to be rude, but that fight was neither complicated nor cryptic.

He clearly read the nodes just didn’t understand him next time actually contribute to a post