**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will some "older" champions be released as 5 star champions some day?

Many "older" champions have been released as five star champions in 2015, 2016 and 2017 until the monthly batches of champions added to the 5 star crystals have been the new champs that got introduced in event quests and featured crystals some months ago.

Now there are still some champions that are avaiable as 3 star or 4 star champion (and maybe as 2*), but not as 5* or 6*

So, with the increasing avaibility of Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts, the release of harder content (uncollected difficulty, Act 5) and the increasing strength of alliances (rising prestige in alliance quest, stronger defenses in alliance war) some champions become more and more displaced and obsolete.

Due to the rarity of Tier 5 basic catalysts, the 5* 5/65 champions seem to be currently the strongest champions for players in the game. So, they are stronger than some older champions that got released as 6* with rank 1, level 25.

In conclusion the maxed 4 star champions will be more and more outdated regarding the use in featured and catalyst arenas, difficult content (boss rush, challenges, uncollected event quest, a possible act 6 in story quest), and in alliance quest and alliance wars.

Thus meening that players may not use their favorite Marvel characters in game, due to them being inferior compared to awakened 5* 4/55 champions.

So my questions is, is there any plan to release those "older" champions as 5 star champion? Although most of them had their spot in the game, their usefulness in the game is decreasing

meant champions:
  • Thor
  • Ms Marvel
  • Wolverine
  • Magneto Marvel Now
  • Dr Strange
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Abomination
  • Electro
  • Joe Fixit
  • Black Widow
  • Vision AoU
  • War Machine

some are available as 6 star, but not as 5 star. due to the rarity of 6 star shards and the rank up material they would fall short to a awakened 5 star equivalent
  • Black Bolt
  • Gamora
  • Deadpool X-Force
  • Captain America WW2
  • Daredevil Classic

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    The answer to this question is a firm maybe, but most likely not.
  • Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 28
    A 3* Hulk in the PHC and the 3* crystal would also be an idea.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Afri4Cola wrote: »
    A 3* Hulk in the PHC and the 3* crystal would also be an idea.

i just realized omg, hulk isn't as a 3* ?? i thought ALL champs were viable as a 3*
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Hulk def is a 3*
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Hulk 3* was given by kabam to players about a year ago. He's not in crystals.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    Hulk 3* was given by kabam to players about a year ago. He's not in crystals.

This is correct. He was given to everyone as a gift for the 12.0 fiasco. Prior to that you had to buy him for the "Green Quest" in late 2016.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I got 3* Hulk lvl 99
    3* OG Vision lvl 99
    But that mf imortal iron fist never comes, opened over 400 of his crystal and nothing. Let alone the 4* and 5*..
  • Afri4ColaAfri4Cola Posts: 28
    Somehow it's funny some rewards got released in the Ultron Variant Event to rank up a 2015 5* champion to rank 4 ... but many 2015-champions are not obtainable.

And some (Dr. Strange, Black Widow) could only be found in some rare featured crystals.
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Is there any reason for hulk not being in 3*?or hulk only wants to be big or something?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Vision aou really needs to be added to the 5* crystal
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    Love to get a dupped 5* OG Thor. Insane damage
  • Psycho1980Psycho1980 Posts: 37
    Scarlet Witch is by far, still, the best champ ever
    I hope for the day when they will release her as a 5* champ or even a 6* lol
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    They did release electro, black widow, abomination, and dr strange in limited Crystals, I hope they get added to the basic pool at some point. I always had a question, why is joe fixit not available as a 5 star? I have no clue why he wouldn't be there, it's not like a 5 star version of him would be OP or anything.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    Samspade23 wrote: »
    I always had a question, why is joe fixit not available as a 5 star? I have no clue why he wouldn't be there, it's not like a 5 star version of him would be OP or anything.
    rlw2c90w1521.png

ha
  • Jedi_Knight1Jedi_Knight1 Posts: 62
    edited February 2019
    Hulk is available as a 3 star from the Dungeon ‘Death Crystal’

But back to the main post, 5* Wolverine would make my life complete but i asked this way back and i dont think you will get an answer
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Afri4Cola wrote: »
    Somehow it's funny some rewards got released in the Ultron Variant Event to rank up a 2015 5* champion to rank 4 ... but many 2015-champions are not obtainable.

And some (Dr. Strange, Black Widow) could only be found in some rare featured crystals.

Well hopefully it’s a sign of things to come. Also, a 5* Wolvie with the new Havok synergy would be incredible.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Black Widow is my favourite Avenger. It’s a shame we can’t get her as a 5 or even 6-star champion.

She was released in a fgmc a while ago as a 5*
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Black Widow is my favourite Avenger. It’s a shame we can’t get her as a 5 or even 6-star champion.

She was released as a 5* in a fgmc sometime ago
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Nevermind
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    They need Magik as 5*!!

Magik is available as a 5*
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    NA
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I hope they don't add Magneto Marvel Now... Electro, DS and BW are all 5*s, just not in the basic crystal. I don't want WM, Abomination or Fixit in unless they get buffed. There is already enough clutter. Ms Marvel was redundant as a 4*. Thor, SW and Vision would be nice.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »

She was released in a fgmc a while ago as a 5*
    You mean the crystals that have a 0.91% chance? Even if I spent 22,800 units on them, I’d still only have a 50.1% chance at getting her.

I know they had crappy odds I was just saying she was there as a 5* at one point
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    5* daredevil classic would be very helpful to the new revised champ synergies. It would be very difficult to get him in 6* and then dupe him.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    mbrace said:

5* daredevil classic would be very helpful to the new revised champ synergies. It would be very difficult to get him in 6* and then dupe him.

It's difficult but it's been known to happen.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Black Widow is available as a 5*