**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don't tell me that THIS is RNG...

benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
Dear Kabam! I'm writing on behalf of my fellow alliance mate. He can't write right now, because he either broke his phone and computer, or just overall gave up on his will. Because of this:

eko7whyc61wy.jpg

I know you will come with the RNG thing, but this is just ridiculous. We are a small alliance in Gold 1, casual players, those types who have to grind for their crystals. He is definitely not a P2W player. Overall, he has opened 5(!!) 6* crystals, and having pulled Thor Jane 4 times is simply outrageous! We grind for around 3 months for a 6* crystal, and definitely not to get a 4/5 ratio.

I know that you probably won't be able to do anything about it (soon you guys should consider giving out extra 6* shards for higher dupes as a 6*, with more ISO too), so just showing to the community what RNG really is.

Peace

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    This sucks. Until she gets a buff and then magically becomes the best mystic champ in the game
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Wow I'm really shocked to my core
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    4/5 times its Jane...thats pretty crazy,
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    How mad would he be if he got the same 6* 4 times but of a champ he wanted? Would you complain about the stupidity of RNG then or call it crazy good luck? I am genuinely curious. Lets say he gets Corvus Glaive 3 times. Are you complaining then?

You aren't really mad at the RNG, you are mad that you took a risk and a champ you didn't want instead which is fine, be mad but don't sit there complaining about the RNG aspect because if the roles were reversed and he got a champ he wanted, you wouln't be here right now.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    That's garbage luck right there
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Same % chance to pull each champion or RNG doesn’t equate to equal pulls. If you code a program to randomly generate one of numerous possible selections - say 5 for this example - that doesn’t mean one through five will be generated an equal amount of times. “Random” and “random but equal” are two different things.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,441 ★★★★
    I felt a weep in my soul
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    It’s RNG!!!
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    How mad would he be if he got the same 6* 4 times but of a champ he wanted? Would you complain about the stupidity of RNG then or call it crazy good luck? I am genuinely curious. Lets say he gets Corvus Glaive 3 times. Are you complaining then?

You aren't really mad at the RNG, you are mad that you took a risk and a champ you didn't want instead which is fine, be mad but don't sit there complaining about the RNG aspect because if the roles were reversed and he got a champ he wanted, you wouln't be here right now.

If you are going for more and more champions, especially as 6*, wouldn't you be mad if you have pulled maybe domino or corvus more than 2 times ( first time and first dupe)? If I pull a 4/5 domino I would be mad tbh...
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    That's a 1 in 216,000 chance to pull 3 more Jane Foster after the first one.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    QuikPik wrote: »

people also win the lottery dispite even worse odds....crazy huh?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    How mad would he be if he got the same 6* 3 times but of a champ he wanted? Would you complain about the stupidity of RNG then or call it crazy good luck? I am genuinely curious. Lets say he gets Corvus Glaive 3 times. Are you complaining then?

Dude give it up. I’ve seen someone with a sig 40 LC. I’d be upset too even though I love Luke. I wouldn’t want to pull Corvus 3 times in a row. Need variety. Stop trying to divert the topic which is RNG itself. 4 anything in a row is awful.

But that is exactly what RNG is. I am saying that if that person got a champion they actually wanted 4 times, whether its Corvus, Void, Sabretooth or who ever, they wouldn't be complaining. They wouldn't call it RNG. They'd call it luck. People only blame RNG when the pulls are bad. Does it suck, sure. Can that person be mad, sure. But isn't that exactly what RNG is actually there for? It's not like he opened 5 crystals in a row, it was over the course of probably a year. Flip a coin once every 3 months. If you get heads 4/5 times, does that mean there is something wrong with the universe?

Stop blaming the RNG. Or if you are, complain about the good and bad pulls.
    benshb wrote: »

If you are going for more and more champions, especially as 6*, wouldn't you be mad if you have pulled maybe domino or corvus more than 2 times ( first time and first dupe)? If I pull a 4/5 domino I would be mad tbh...

No you wouldn't, she benefits from Sig and currently the only way to add Sig levels to 6*'s is by dupes.
    edited February 2019

Can you please stop complaining about people complaining about their bad luck? If anyone deserves to be salty, it’s the owner of a sig 60 6* Jane Thor. Let them vent and be salty. We get it, you and the rest of the RNG mafia hate complaining so much that you complain about it nonstop.

@BirdReynolds only if you stop complaining about the complainers that are complaining about the complaining of the RNG mechanic.

And I am not taking anything away from the owner of a sig 60 thor jane foster. It sucks 100% I get it. But make the post about the fact its sig 60, not about RNG conspiracy.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★

No you wouldn't, she benefits from Sig and currently the only way to add Sig levels to 6*'s is by dupes.

So you, as a progressing player, who wants to have more variety of a 6* roster (let's assume you are one now, even if you are not), who has opened 5 6* crystals over the course of around a year, wouldn't be salty of you have pulled domino or corvus 4 times still having 2 6* champions, when everyone around you have 4 or 5?
    benshb wrote: »

So you, as a progressing player, who wants to have more variety of a 6* roster (let's assume you are one now, even if you are not), who has opened 5 6* crystals over the course of around a year, wouldn't be salty of you have pulled domino or corvus 4 times still having 2 6* champions, when everyone around you have 4 or 5?

Nope, why would I? Domino helps in LoL which I haven't started and a duped CG is fantastic.
  • QuikPik wrote: »

The odds of pulling four of the same champion out of five crystals, assuming the crystal contained sixty different champs every single time the crystals are opened (which was probably not true in this case) is actually about 44,000 to one. If those crystals were opened over time then it is likely that the earlier crystals had a higher chance of being TJF (or one of the other twenty four original basic entries). The actual odds of pulling four out of five champions identical in five 6* basic crystal pulls is probably closer to 15,000 to one.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Can you please stop complaining about people complaining about their bad luck? If anyone deserves to be salty, it’s the owner of a sig 60 6* Jane Thor. Let them vent and be salty. We get it, you and the rest of the RNG mafia hate complaining so much that you complain about it nonstop.

LOL at "RNG mafia"
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I feel your pain OP. I pulled lady Thor 6 star yesterday as my 4th 6 star. Gutted heavily.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    an ally mate has pulled gamora last three openings. Yes it sucks... and another just opened his first 6* and it was CG... good for him but ive been hunting him in either 5 or 6 and had no luck over a lot of pulls. However I dont feel your pain since i have zero dups on 6* and it is nice to have the variety.

oh and if you complain about a complaint in the woods did you really complain.....
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    How mad would he be if he got the same 6* 3 times but of a champ he wanted? Would you complain about the stupidity of RNG then or call it crazy good luck? I am genuinely curious. Lets say he gets Corvus Glaive 3 times. Are you complaining then?

Dude give it up. I’ve seen someone with a sig 40 LC. I’d be upset too even though I love Luke. I wouldn’t want to pull Corvus 3 times in a row. Need variety. Stop trying to divert the topic which is RNG itself. 4 anything in a row is awful.

But that is exactly what RNG is. I am saying that if that person got a champion they actually wanted 4 times, whether its Corvus, Void, Sabretooth or who ever, they wouldn't be complaining. They wouldn't call it RNG. They'd call it luck. People only blame RNG when the pulls are bad. Does it suck, sure. Can that person be mad, sure. But isn't that exactly what RNG is actually there for? It's not like he opened 5 crystals in a row, it was over the course of probably a year. Flip a coin once every 3 months. If you get heads 4/5 times, does that mean there is something wrong with the universe?

Stop blaming the RNG. Or if you are, complain about the good and bad pulls.

No, like I said before I would be salty if if I got my favorite champ 4 times in a row. I’m looking for a diverse roster of 6*, not one champ stacked 4 times which probably doesn’t help much after the first dupe. Corvus doesn’t need his sig. domino doesn’t really need it either. Domino’s sig is almost pointless on offense. I’d rather pull one Corvus, one Domino, one Nebula, and one Sabretooth rather than pulling any one of those 4 times. Sig 60 6* JF and bad RNG goes hand in hand. How do they not?
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    maybe its not bad RNG but rather horrible luck with the RNG.... as in the RNG is working correctly just horrible luck with the RNG
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    This sucks. Until she gets a buff and then magically becomes the best mystic champ in the game

She got buffed .... with the new shock update but still.... my condolences op
This discussion has been closed.