**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Captain America Infinity War not removing Hyperion Unstoppable in Monthly EQ

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
I tried using Cap Infinity War against the last Event Quest Uncollected Hyperion to counter his Unstoppable and it didn't work. Normally Cap shrugs off and removes Unstoppable when he has Kinetic charges and hits an opponent that's Unstoppable, but with Hyperion he just kept on killing me. Is this a bug?

Here's a video of Cap's ability not working as intended:

https://youtu.be/AxEZclhkX44

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Probably a stupid passive or he's immune to nullify or some other bs.
    I haven't done that fight yet so haven't seen it
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    THIS is what's supposed to happen when CAP IW goes against Unstoppable champs when Kinetically charged!:

https://youtu.be/ZaqxyMt6s1Y
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    You can see by the solid circle that is the unstopable that it is infact a passive ability.
    Cap can only stop buffs. Buffs have a line around then that countdowns.
    Thanks for the clarification guys
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yeah as said, Aspect if war is passive unstoppable. Cap iw ability wont be able to nullify it.

You can however remove it with a dash or heavy intercept. Brian Grant put out a lovely video on how to do that on his channel. Good luck!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    They didn't want Cap IW to steamroll through new content, so they decided to make an Unstoppable 2.0 that you can't interact with. They call it a passive unstoppable effect.
    Cap IW only works with Unstoppable 1.0, which is called an unstoppable buff.

Seems fair? No.
    But that's the way it is lol
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    This form of unstoppable actually was introduced a month before Cap IW was introduced but good try @LoPresti
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    It was earlier wasnt it?
    It is on brawl node which has been around longer than that yeah?
    @Kabam Miike can you or a mod chime in on this to confirm whether this is a bug or not?
  • This is not a bug. Passives are not Buffs, and therefor are not able to be Nullified by Cap.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You can search for more threads on this ... is intended, is described on the abilities, is everything.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    This form of unstoppable actually was introduced a month before Cap IW was introduced but good try @LoPresti

You think they just pooped him out just like that? lol.

Do you know how long it takes to make a character. Making abilities, animations, sounds, testing, tweaking. It takes weeks/months to build a new character, even longer if it is from scratch. Wouldn't even surprise me if the character was already almost done by then.

@Patchie93
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Patchie93 wrote: »

You think they didn't have design plans already for Cap IW? Do you know how long it takes to make a character. Making abilities, animations, sounds, testing, tweaking. It takes weeks/months to build a new character, even longer if it is from scratch. Wouldn't even surprise me if the character was already almost done by then.

Passive unstoppables exist for years now. Labyrinth enrage is the oldest one I can think off.
  • Jus intercept his heavy after he does the first punch. Read the node. Easy easy
    edited February 2019
    This is not a bug. Passives are not Buffs, and therefor are not able to be Nullified by Cap.

Thanks for chiming in @Kabam Miike , much appreciated for the clarification.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Quick tip, you can get rid of AoW unstoppable with a light or medium attack intercept.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    By the way LC does a fine job against Hyperion. Used him to take Hyperion down without much issues. If you have him OP try it out. Also Hyperion is only 6 energies far, try out which option suits you. Good luck.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    it's the old kabam bs nodes trick, the node makes it a passive. so can't stop unstoppable. That's what they do to increase difficulty, they make these amazing champs with unique abilities than they nullify them with a passive node.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    By the way LC does a fine job against Hyperion. Used him to take Hyperion down without much issues. If you have him OP try it out. Also Hyperion is only 6 energies far, try out which option suits you. Good luck.

I posted this thread after already beating that Hyp with Magik and Killmonger alternatively after multiple quite and re-reuns.
    Killmonger was my "tanks sp3" choice, which worked well, but hectic. Magik was a great choice after getting the power lock and attacking into his heavy

• DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    it's the old kabam bs nodes trick, the node makes it a passive. so can't stop unstoppable. That's what they do to increase difficulty, they make these amazing champs with unique abilities than they nullify them with a passive node.

I wouldnt call it "bs nodes trick" they are constantly changing things up to make the game evolve and become interesting. I like that they are introducing new content, nodes, champs, abilities, etc... im pretty sure i would have been bored of this game 2 years ago if SL could just mow through every single fight like he could back then. Yes granted that has devalued SL but he is still good. Now i just need other champs and skills for different scenarios.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    The cool part of this game is i am not great at everything! some months i have better set up or skill set for that month and other months i struggle. I just take that as a challenge and try to learn how to intercept better this month.