**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant crashing after update [Merged Threads]

JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
edited February 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have iPhone 6 Plus
And downloaded the new update as soon as it was release.
I was in a middle of Variant 3.1 and about to fight yellow ultron
But after the update I cannot start the fight. The game crash and the game take me back to game recovery
I’m not sure what to do.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Hey there, for something like this, I would first recommend running through our iOS troubleshooting steps here. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would recommend getting in contact with our Support team here and letting them know what is happening. They would be the best equipped to look into this for you.
  • JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
    Small update
    I was able to narrow down the problem to iPhone 6 and all the ultron of Variant
    Please look into it please
  • I’m currently stuck on 1.1 variant, and every time I open the game, and go to try to fight, the game crashes. I’m not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated
  • I have encountered this. On Variant 1.3 fighting green ultron on the left path. Game kept crashing on the fight screen. I have tried all actions you recommend but it is not fixed.

Iphone 6
    Ios version 12.1.3
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    edited February 2019
    Dear team,

There’s a bug on ultron fight in variant chapter 2.2 masochism mystic ultron drone on right side...

Wen I press fight button it is immediately throwing me out of the app...after restarting the app it gives me a rematch but immediately once I click fight it throws me out again...this happened 5 times approx before I gave up

Champion used 5 star r4 ghost rider

Model iPhone 5s

Thankfully I hadn’t used resources to get there it wud hv been really terrible for me otherwise
  • This is happening to me as well. Latest mcoc version. Variant 2.1, last ultron drone (mutant). At first it crashed when starting the fight. Then I tried letting it sit for a while on the matchup screen, but it crashed while loading the image of the drone. Then I tried entering the matchup screen then exiting. It was fine for a second then crashed while on the map screen.

I’m also using iPhone5s. I tried updating iOS, uninstalling then reinstalling mcoc. Currently on iOS 12.1.4, but it happened with 11.4.1 before I updated as well. Other game modes work fine (arena, AQ), it’s just this drone.
  • ZyBoltZyBolt Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    It is happening to me as well. Variant 2.1, last ultron drone. Crashes on matchup screen when waiting for ultron drone image to load. This is my first run of variant since the update. I’ve already done 1 variant completion run and 100% chapter 1 prior to update. The problem doesn’t occur in other game modes.

I’m using iPhone5s first with iOS 11.4.1, then with 12.1.4, have updated the iOS, uninstalled and reinstalled mcoc. No change.
    Can some one from kabam please please help us out on this.... Apparently this happens with every drone fight in variant....
    IPhone 5s here... Same issue
  • Same thing happen with me in variant chapter 2.2 mystic ultron drone fight till that it works good....in all other mode game working smooth but in variant difficulty it has some issue...i use iphone 6....we need clarification on this issue our heroes are stuck in one game mode
  • Also we require energy compensation because my energy bar becomes full from last 10 hours and i am not able to use it......do needful as soon as possible KaBaM
    Kabam team..can u pls help us out here...
  • Its happening to all ultron drones after the update.
  • Same here. There are a couple other threads reporting this issue. I've submitted a bug report.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Device specific problem, apparently ...
    It takes time to fix, and some of them don't ever get fixed
    U mean I won’t ever be able to do variant now...great...
    U mean I won’t ever be able to do variant now...great...

You will if it gets fixed, or if you somehow get a new phone.
    I wouldn't put my hopes on it personally. I myself have these problems for 3 years
  • Do needful as soon as possible for us
    Still waiting for any kind of acknowledgement on this... Just a fix in progress wud ease us...
  • NischalNischal Posts: 6
    Every time a symbioid ambushes me in act 4 and I tap the “fight” button, the game immediately chrashes.
    Does this happen to anybody else?
    Kabam, please fix this bug.
  • Hey there, we've passed the information you've provided along to the rest of the team. For those who have not done so already, could you tell us which specific quests or paths you've experienced this on, as well as what device you are using and what version of your OS it was running at the time this happened?
  • JeryG8terJeryG8ter Posts: 71
    @Kabam Zibiit from my own investigation from friend and testing other device.
    It's a device issue. It happened to all iphone 6 or lower and crashes when encounter a drone ultron in Variant.

And to be specific the crash happened before the fights occur and the game takes us back to the map or recovery fights

I hope you guys can fix this because we are not able to play Variant right now
    Hey there, we've passed the information you've provided along to the rest of the team. For those who have not done so already, could you tell us which specific quests or paths you've experienced this on, as well as what device you are using and what version of your OS it was running at the time this happened?

Thanks for passing this on..... Yeah the issue is only on ultrok drone in variant... I use iphone 5s but it seems anyone below iphone 6 is stuck on this...
  • It appears the various threads on this topic were merged. I just tested variant 3.2 since there are drones right at the start. There is no change, it still crashes. Is there any indication whether a fix is under development?
    Yes.... How soon can we expect this fix... By next update at least...
  • Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    5yu9c2kjtgx2.png

I’m not able to fight this fight! It drops me when I try to change to stark spider. Then when I try to just fight it with doc oc the fight starts and crash recovery works but after I press fight it drops me! I’ve used a lot of potions and a few revives. Can’t even get in the game to submit a ticket because crash recovery keeps looping me out. Even with a ticket I’m fairly certain this run is doomed 😡
    Is a known and device specific issue. It may be fixed in the future, or just never
    That doesn’t help me beat this fight. I just tried on my iPad as well. What device will it work on? I’ll download the game to a friends phone and beat this fight and log out
    I wouldn't recommend you to do that. It may trigger the account sharing thing, but I'm not sure.

You either wait for the fix (if there is ever one), or try to enter the battle multiple times until you don't crash.
    Is this a variant 2.2 thing or all variant ultrons for specific iPhones?