**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special Button Triggering Block, Not Specials

I've played the game for a couple years, but I'm new to the Forums. I thought this would be a good place to start, but let me know if there's another place.

Recently, I've been having a brutal time with specials not firing. In some cases, I will set my phone down and deliberately use my index finger so I can aim to see if it will work compared to my normal gameplay where I use my thumbs. In either method, I hit the button over and over and my champ either blocks or does nothing.

Is this an issue many others are running into? I'm playing on an iPhone XS.

Comments

• DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    it happens especially if you are trying to launch a special while blocking opponent's special...cos you know 2 specials at the same time...it doesnt happen

and sweaty fingers&screen also cause that
  • Hey @ThatGrootGroot,

Are you using the XS or the XS Max? Just to be sure. I'm going to report this to our team, but want to make sure I have the correct device.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited February 2019
    My I phone X and I pad air do the same thing. And mostly when landing the special would do a ton of damage, or win the fight.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    This has been going on for awhile now on and off on many different devices, in my case they try to block until they fire one off or they just stand there and nothing happens and occasionally it will take my bar and then nothing happens.

As for device
    Moto e5 plus
    3gb
    4g data
  • we were discussing the same problem within the alliance the other day. and maybe 50% had the same problem.
    it's not that it wont activate. but the area seems to be shrunken too much. instead of any area around where your thumb would hit the SP button it seems to be pin pointed in the centre, very SMALL area,
    and I've been playing long enough to know and my phone's been the same for a year so it's definitely something changed in game.
    I play on Huawei mate 10 pro which has fairly large screen too.
  • Bosoxg1rlBosoxg1rl Posts: 31
    Have encountered the same issue a number of times recently. I play on an iPhone X. Doesn’t seem to be related to certain areas of the game, happens on random fights.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Hey @ThatGrootGroot,

Are you using the XS or the XS Max? Just to be sure. I'm going to report this to our team, but want to make sure I have the correct device.

XS.
    DemitriM wrote: »
    it happens especially if you are trying to launch a special while blocking opponent's special...cos you know 2 specials at the same time...it doesnt happen

and sweaty fingers&screen also cause that

It isn't happening when blocking an opponent's special. Also, "sweaty fingers & screen" have nothing to do with it. When I'm hitting that big green button directly in the center and my champ blocks, that is not caused by something on the screen.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    I got my iPhone Max last week and can confirm this happens, I think the issue is the placement of the special trigger. You have to make sure you hit the big area of the bar which is far and harder to reach than my 7+, because it moved with the extra screen space.
    Hey @ThatGrootGroot,

@Kabam Miike I've still been running into issues. I've tried a new method for testing it. I have been doing autofight, and I'm setting my phone flat on my desk. When it's time to launch, I very deliberately tap it with my index finger. I am getting the same results from when I fight normally and use my thumb.

This happened in an AW fight today and cost me potions. Others in my alliance are having the problem. I doubt this is just me.
    Hmm well in a boss fight against Korg I went to use my corvus specials 2 and he just sat there spinning his blades around and would not use his special or move at all then he got clobbered
    Hmm well in a boss fight against Korg I went to use my corvus specials 2 and he just sat there spinning his blades around and would not use his special or move at all then he got clobbered

That's terrible. I hope that the developers are seriously looking at this problem. Between this, dropped controls, parries failing, connectivity issues...this is the worst the game has been in months and it had actually been pretty good until the last few weeks.

That's terrible. I hope that the developers are seriously looking at this problem. Between this, dropped controls, parries failing, connectivity issues...this is the worst the game has been in months and it had actually been pretty good until the last few weeks.

It didn't go well because he got unblockable and well I got stuck in block so you can imagine what happened next

Agreed, sometimes it runs perfectly fine but other times I just sit there trying to swipe, hit the special button, or hold block only for it to not work.

Ir's usually in aq or aw and it makes me frustrated then I go into another fight or mode and don't get touched which just makes me scratch my head and try to figure why.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I am having this issue as well on an iPhone XR. Brand new